El-P - Cancer for Cure

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

anticonguy

Re: El-P - Cancer for Cure

Post by anticonguy »

Neuro wrote:maybe he means in the mainstream hes slept on

you have to remember this is the internet, and in most places if you ask 10 people standing around by you what their favorite el-p album is they wont know what the fuck you are talking about,

you people seem to forget that

Exactly. I feel as if he should be more known for his production alone. Dude is a poet, and his flow is crazy. If you read his lyrics its something ony El could do. For some reason I just generally feel that if you do not project a certain image in hip hop you will more than likely be ignored. That is a problem that could be going away with, as you said, this being the internet. Just surprises me that more people aren't asking to jump on a beat or two.
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

zombie wrote:not everyones goal is to make it onto mTV

i dont think thats his agenda

to be mainstream like kanye and jayz

i think hes content with where hes at, and how many fans he has

if he picks up a couple thousands more here and there as a biproduct of doing something that hes currently into, then thats exactly what that is, nothing more

totally talking out of my ass here though

yeah thats not what i meant either,

i know el-p doesnt give a shit about that, im just sayin ,

your average person or even average hip hop fan , still doesnt know who el-p is
Last edited by Neuro on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

^That's true for 99% of all rappers and producers everywhere.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Anyone want to upload that Big Juss "Black Roses" remix featuring El-P from last year?

myself

Post by myself »

AWAE wrote:lol he just had one of the biggest years of his career
He sold 22,000 and I saw him In a small-ass bar with lots of room.
So I still think he's pretty slept-on, considering he can't draw 300 people @ $18 and within 2 hrs from me, and he fully produced 2 great albums that sold less than 50k combined.
He doesn't go for the pop shit but I'm sure he wouldn't mind some more paying fans and a few higher profile production placements.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Where did you see him? He usually plays to a packed house in NY, but that's homefield advantage
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

myself

Post by myself »

drizzle wrote:Where did you see him? He usually plays to a packed house in NY, but that's homefield advantage
Cleveland. I live in Columbus. He didn't come here. Someone like atmosphere will draw close to 2000 and all kinds of shitty and/or one-hit/fad rappers have no problem at least the local 1000ish capacity halls- which every z-list "indie" alternative rock band sells out. I bet Macklemore would sell out thee 5000 venue...
Yeah I probably have a shitty environment and warped expectations but I was bummed to drive to drive to a small bar in Cleveland- though not bummed by the show performances at all.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »