Rick Ross gets shot at in drive-by, crashes car

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: Rick Ross gets shot at in drive-by, crashes car

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

peanut butter wrote:Given his health problems and various beefs (barbecued, tartar and mongolian) whats the over/under on the years remaining in Officer Ricky's lifespan? 5 years?

PEACE
He will be allrite. Hes gonna up his security and go hide somewhere.

I remember when people swore 50 would be shot.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Thun

Post by Thun »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
peanut butter wrote:Given his health problems and various beefs (barbecued, tartar and mongolian) whats the over/under on the years remaining in Officer Ricky's lifespan? 5 years?

PEACE
He will be allrite. Hes gonna up his security and go hide somewhere.

I remember when people swore 50 would be shot.
In all fairness, he did piss off NYC's most dangerous, wealthy and connected black gangsters at the time.

He just did the smart thing and got to a point where he had more money than them.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

time to bulletproof the rolls, if not done already

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

They shootin', awww made you look

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

LOL @ Star.....

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Uncle Luke's letter to Rick Ross....

Dear Rick Ross:

As someone who survived several rap beefs, I’m going to give you some advice. You need to seriously address the threats and attempts on your life. You have worked hard to become a big name in hip-hop. You’ve paid your dues and you’ve grown lyrically since the release of your debut album, Port of Miami, in 2006. You’ve arrived, buddy.

But all this gangster bullshit is jeopardizing your career. No club or arena is going to risk people getting shot. You can forget about doing any tours or CD signings. And if you can’t make money, watch how fast Warner Bros. Records turns on you. I know from experience how venues and the music industry would like to black ball you.

You have the Gangster Disciples breathing down your neck because you’ve named-dropped Larry Hoover, the gang’s founder, in your music. Unlike the record and book publishing industries, these bad dudes don’t understand the concept of public domain. They see you getting rich forever by rapping about their leader, and they don’t like it. That’s why they’re on YouTube talking about how you need to go see them and cut a check.

It’s a shame you can’t enjoy life without spending part of your earnings on heavy security or risking your freedom by purchasing an arsenal. Remember, that’s what landed T.I. and Lil Wayne in prison. You don’t want that to happen to you. However, those are the consequences of rapping about being something you’re not.

Hip-hop has a rich history of college guys who never committed a crime rapping about moving kilos of cocaine and taking out snitches. Every gangster rapper takes on the role of a real hood legend to build up street cred. But I don’t want you to fall into the trap of believing you are really a gangster.

Trust me, you don’t want to go out like Biggie Smalls or Tupac. It’s time you squash your beefs.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

thank you, Uncle Luke :copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

props to luke

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Philaflava wrote:props to luke

Kace

Post by Kace »

COOLEHMAGAZINE wrote:Staged?

Y'all cats are delusional. The motherfucker is making money hand over fist, on every radio station, 24-7 and he is going to risk his life and a lengthy jail term in order to what...somehow get MORE popular?

:bunk:
Fo sho it's staged, how else can he retrieve his falling Bad Lieutenant reputation.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

luther made some good points

Tweak Da Leak

Post by Tweak Da Leak »

Ross needs to bause up and just diss the GD's in public, I remember a couple GD's getting riprode on in LongBeach, skinny ass niggas.
UBM CD COMING SOON

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

"Dunk Ryda but none of my niggas sufferin"

Berg got next, belee that

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Rick Ross was armed with a Smith & Wesson semi-automatic gun during drive-by shooting in Fort Lauderdale.

New information regarding the January drive-by shooting involving Maybach Music Group founder Rick Ross is beginning to emerge and it looks like the rapper was armed during the shooting.

A police report from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, which was obtained by The Smoking Gun states that Ross was armed with a black and chrome, Smith & Wesson semi-automatic gun.

Located in Ross’ front waistband, the gun was fully loaded with one round in the gun’s chamber and 11 rounds in the magazine.

Unfortunately for Ross, AllHipHop.com reports that his handgun license was expired at the time of the shooting and this could mean possible legal trouble for the rapper.

The Miami artist quickly made headlines late January when the Rolls Royce he and a female passenger were traveling in was shot at multiple times in Fort Lauderdale. While attempting to flee the scene, Ross subsequently crashed his vehicle into an apartment building. No suspects were identified in the shooting.
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -shooting/

Kace

Post by Kace »

Escobar305 wrote:"Dunk Ryda but none of my niggas sufferin"

Berg got next, belee that
Rick Ross is a Dunkin' Donut Ryda.
Last edited by Kace on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Kace

Post by Kace »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Rick Ross's/Future/Rocko's date rape anthem "U.O.E.N.O."

:bunk:

this is why we won't have nice lives

so horrible, you have to laugh to keep from losing your lunch over the endorsement of serving roofie coladas
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Dope.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

that beat is crazy as fuck.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

want a future/rocko album pleassse:
A1 Recordings' catalog is going to heat up in the next year, as Rocko announces that he and protege Future are making moves together.

In recent years, Atlanta, Georgia rapper Rocko (a/k/a Rocko Da Don) signed Future to his A1 Recordings label. It was this label, along with Epic Records, that released the Dungeon Family affiliate's Pluto and subsequent Pluto-3D in 2012. Speaking with DJ Scream and Cory B's Hoodtime Radio yesterday (March 24), Rock revealed that the two ATL rappers have much more planned.

"Me and Future, we gonna do an album together. We'll probably drop it at the end of the year, or the top of next year," said Rocko, who released his Top 25 charting Self Made debut in 2008 on So So Def/Def Jam Records. Asked about whether the project would be retail or mixtape, Rocko replied, "As far as mixtapes, we really tryin' to flip this thing and monetize all this music now. It's like, we gave away all this free music, for all this time." He added, "Support our campaign one time."

In 2010, Rocko digitally released Wildlife. Future's Pluto 3D remains on the Soundscan Top 200.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Dope song (UEONO).

None of the rappers are good but it works.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Thun

Post by Thun »

If you're into date rape.

step one

Post by step one »

Rawse is a fat faggot. Luke is a fucking don.

That is all.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

I still find it amazing that none of them shots hit the car. Tears of joy indeed, ross received a blessing. :cheers:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

maybe he could do stuff that doesn't result in him getting shot at in the first place

and also, arent thugs notoriously bad shots? if his car was moving and they were moving, theres no way anyone was going to get hit other than maybe an innocent bystander

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

petition starts against Rick Ross date rape song

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... rape-lyric

can we have a serious discussion about this topic?

it is important.
A petition created this week requests that Rick Ross be investigated and prosecuted for date rape lyric.

Miami rapper Rick Ross has recently found himself under fire due to a lyric on Rocko’s “U.O.E.N.O (You Ain’t Even Know It)” and as a result of the song a petition created on Change.org is calling for an apology from the Maybach Music Group founder.

On “U.O.E.N.O.” Ross raps, “Put molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it / I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.”

Not only does the petition request an apology from the rapper, but it also suggests that Ross be investigated and possibly prosecuted.

“If what he is saying is true, not just meaningless lyrics he has just publicly admitted to drugging and raping a woman. This should be investigated further and he should be prosecuted. If it is not true and they are just lyrics, he has still just glorified rape and this should not be ignored,” read the petition.

The petition is roughly 500 signatures away from its goal of 1,000.

Change.org has increasingly become a platform for music fans to rally support for an issue of their choosing. Earlier in the year, a petition was created on the site calling for the cancellation of “All My Baby’s Mamas,” a reality show that would have featured Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo and has family. Weeks after the petition was created, the show was cancelled by Oxygen.
peace.

The Rapping Coffin

Re: petition starts against Rick Ross date rape song

Post by The Rapping Coffin »

Thun wrote:nas is a gun

step one

Re: petition starts against Rick Ross date rape song

Post by step one »

A petition created this week requests that Rick Ross be investigated and prosecuted for date rape lyric.
:bork:

but also gtfoh at prosecuting someone for a lyric in a song. It sets a dangerous precedent (not that it will happen) - remember all that shit NWA, Luke, Paris and Ice T went through in the early 90s? The same principle applies.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com