Rappers have bad taste part 32

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Rappers have bad taste part 32

Post by Philaflava »

On another edition of why rappers have questionable taste we take a look at Brand Nubian's Sadat X and his top 5 dead or alive list. Disconnected? Check! Delusional? Check. Bad taste? Check check. Careless, forgetful and lazy? Nike check.

I'm not even sure this dude understood the question as he choose 3 groups on his top 5 rapper list. No Kane. No G Rap. No Rakim. Nobody like that. Check it out.
Each week, SOHH asks two entertainment personalities to name their Top 5 rappers of all-time. To make things tricky, we've created a "Hall of Fame" of emcees (see right) who are universally respected and therefore may not be mentioned. After Denzil Porter unleashed his fave five last week, rap veteran Sadat X names his top picks.]

Showbiz & AG. I loved the album they came out with, [1992's] Runaway Slave, that was a beast. I like their work ethic. That's still part of my daily rotation. That album is still in my daily rotation.

EPMD. It was for a stretch, like five or six years, where they were coming out with back to back to back to back hits. They just had those hard beats and so that's why I put them on there.

Masta Ace. I like Masta Ace because he always kept his style but when he did his Sittin' On Chrome, he took a risk, went outside the box and won with that. He took a risk when dudes in New York weren't taking risks and I respect him for that.

RA Rugged Man. I like the Rugged Man because he just doesn't care. He steps on people's toes, he's obnoxious and he's my man, so I rock with him.

UGK. Bun B and Pimp C. I like them dudes and they gave me a good vibe. I remember we did a show down there in Houston and they came to check for us. I didn't have any idea they knew about us, so we connected and I just saw they were on that early Southern vibe. They were one of the groups that pioneered for the South. There's certain groupls like 8Ball & MJG, they're the pioneers for what it is right now down there. I just like their sound, it was something you could kick back and smoke to. I like them for that.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Rappers have bad taste part 32

Post by ardamus »

Let me get this straight, he names classic names in the rap game who've made their mark (whether you argue that or not its a fact) and he still has bad taste and he's disconnected? You're not posting this because he left Roc Marci off the list are you?

Sounds like he just misunderstood the question more so since he's mixed in groups with solo rappers.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Dude drinks too much wine. Apparently SOHH as list of excluded rappers which now would make sense. I just saw the list and went :jazcas: . Call this best rappers from the pool not top 5 dead or alive.

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

wat

PEACE

anticonguy

Post by anticonguy »

He prob just friends with these niggas and didn't want them to catch feelings for not naming them.
"i cant listen to any rap... i think it all is pretty much boring to listen to.... i would never listen to some underground or mtv-underground shit when im home washing dishes or whatever... but some people still like rap... god bless em, thats who buys my records!"- sole

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

Looks like he just misunderstood the question, there's nothing wrong here. His response isn't even that bad.
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

More likely he did understand the question and just chose to ignore it in lieu of shouting out a few of his homies and artists who he feels are underrated... which is what I would've done if I were him. Who cares about some dumb ass SOHH question?

Also, the introduction makes it clear that there are certain legendary artists who were off-limits for responses (there goes the Kanes, Rakims, etc. whose absence you are lamenting).

:lock:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I think the one thing that makes it clear I forgot him and R.A. have rocked out a few times together.

:lol: @ Gloss bringing up the wine shit. Perfect time to post this.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i never got around to watching any of his wine things but i have a feeling they're a blast
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Fast forward to about 6:52 of that vid. Sadat and R.A. looked like they switched roles for a sec there.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

yup instant favorite
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Thun

Post by Thun »

Someone please make a gif of Sadat making the "aborigine" sounds just past 3:00.

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

:lol: Good call.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

that made my week. thanks much

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:leon: :phila:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:lol:

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

One of the GOAT .gifs right there. haha

I only watched one of those wine vids and they were drinking some shitty wine straight out of the bottle. SMH.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

besides RA (:naswtf:) it's a good list

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

:ackbarmakingofacevancouverbodegabattle:

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

:ironmike:
pizza shoppe

Dids

Post by Dids »

I would 100% believe that that is a list of Sadat X's favorite/thinks they're the GOAT artists. RA's inclusion is weird, but the praise for UGK, Showbiz and AG and EMPD seems awfully normal for heads of that age.

Thun

Post by Thun »

How is MC UGK not one person?