Araabmuzik got shot

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: Araabmuzik got shot

Post by ardamus »

young nova wrote:
ardamus wrote:Well, you just said that your self promo is being an asshole on a message board; which has seemed to defeat the purpose of any giving you a listen, IMO. You're certified gold, playboy. Shouldn't you be laughing it up on a yacht somewhere by now instead of talking shit on producers that seem to have been doing more than you at this point? I mean years have gone by.

i was saying that i really dont do any self promo so again what are you saying? do you really think all these producers are making a lot of money? i think u have a really warped perspective of how money flows in the music industry so i hope ur not an aspiring artist. which producer am i shitting on do u really think is caking that much harder than me?
That was all sarcasm, sir. But I do find it funny that you go out of your way to talk a lot of shit when you're "extremely successful".

LOL @ the artists I think is caking harder than you. Pretty sure EL-P is pulling some good indie money but I could be wrong. I mean, you are certified gold and us aspiring don't know how it works in the industry at all.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

young nova

Post by young nova »

which part of ur post was sarcasm? go out of my way is a pretty big stretch. i could be wrong too but besides back when music used to sell i doubt el p is making that much money without a grueling tour schedule. where did i ever say i was "extremely successful" all im saying is apparently i have to be more successful than these ppl i think arent very good in order to have that opinion. all im saying is i probably am more successful than all these ppl im saying arent very good. also keep in mind all i do is email beats from my bedroom so i cant be doing that bad

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

young nova wrote:which part of ur post was sarcasm? go out of my way is a pretty big stretch. i could be wrong too but besides back when music used to sell i doubt el p is making that much money without a grueling tour schedule. where did i ever say i was "extremely successful" all im saying is apparently i have to be more successful than these ppl i think arent very good in order to have that opinion. all im saying is i probably am more successful than all these ppl im saying arent very good. also keep in mind all i do is email beats from my bedroom so i cant be doing that bad

you're so successful bra....I mean I've heard about your Cam'ron beats from YOU (and not a single other person ever) at least like 6 times in the last year so thats pretty successful....thats more shine than at least any other person thats ever made a beat for Cam'ron and posted about it on this message board.....ever.

young nova

Post by young nova »

Sweet brah what a clever post

young nova

Post by young nova »

Ur totally right because since I've worked for all the same artists as these ppl I'm supposeably not allowed to talk shit about I probably don't have any understanding of the financial aspect of how the business works that definitely makes a lot of sense. So when I say he doesn't have any money because the common misconception is producers get a lot more money than they actually do I probably have no clue what I'm talking about right?

young nova

Post by young nova »

ardamus wrote:
young nova wrote:im into the only self promo i do is being an asshole on msg boards i think. im just a bit pickier when it comes to beats than most.
yeah we know but how's that worked out for you over the past few years until now?

we all loved what you said in this thread about EL-P:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=30

and lets not forget this right here about your love for Vanderslice:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1781648

and lets look at what you originally said about ARAABMUZIK:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p2311267

All the replies in these threads u linked were pretty awesome it makes me feel unappreciated u should find whatever the el p thread u were looking for that one was for harry fraud

House of Games

Post by House of Games »

and do you not tour because you choose not to, or because no one actually wants you to?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

young nova wrote:also the last thing id want to do is tap on drum pads in some dirty bars and clubs, id honestly rather work at mcdonalds. is it that unreasonable to think these producers really arent that good?
If that's not what you do and you want to roll like Calvin and smile once you got the job, I ain't mad at ya. No one said its unreasonable.
young nova wrote:which part of ur post was sarcasm? go out of my way is a pretty big stretch. i could be wrong too but besides back when music used to sell i doubt el p is making that much money without a grueling tour schedule. where did i ever say i was "extremely successful" all im saying is apparently i have to be more successful than these ppl i think arent very good in order to have that opinion. all im saying is i probably am more successful than all these ppl im saying arent very good. also keep in mind all i do is email beats from my bedroom so i cant be doing that bad
The yacht part and some of the certified gold shit was sarcasm. You've brought up several times you've produced for Cam and even got mad when he didn't drop a track you did for him recently. You can have your opinion on these folks. But don't be mad when someone debates you on what you're saying. It comes across like you're more bitter than anything because their names are becoming more recognizable in the process.
young nova wrote:
ardamus wrote:
young nova wrote:im into the only self promo i do is being an asshole on msg boards i think. im just a bit pickier when it comes to beats than most.
yeah we know but how's that worked out for you over the past few years until now?

we all loved what you said in this thread about EL-P:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 2&start=30

and lets not forget this right here about your love for Vanderslice:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1781648

and lets look at what you originally said about ARAABMUZIK:
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p2311267

All the replies in these threads u linked were pretty awesome it makes me feel unappreciated u should find whatever the el p thread u were looking for that one was for harry fraud
Well you should feel that because every time you've done it, its never appreciated. Its not even like you're funny either.

young nova

Post by young nova »

Ur not really "debating" anything the only thing I'm bitter about is new cam material is unlistenable. Doin beats for cam isn't a great way to make money or be "successful." My original comment seems to ring even truer now though if what ur trying to debate here is araab has a bunch of money. He could have a rich family or somethin though I duno.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

young nova wrote:Ur not really "debating" anything the only thing I'm bitter about is new cam material is unlistenable. Doin beats for cam isn't a great way to make money or be "successful." My original comment seems to ring even truer now though if what ur trying to debate here is araab has a bunch of money. He could have a rich family or somethin though I duno.
No, I'm pointing a flaw in every time you talk about a producer who seems to be doing more than you still. You sound bitter, that's all. In actuality, its not even about money that I was talking about at first (even though I was mocking the whole yacht thing). EL-P is making music with Killer Mike and touring (appearing on talk shows and staying relevant), Vanderslice is doing a lot of shit with Evidence along with developing Brutal Music with Stu Bangas, and ARAABMUZIK lately has damn near worked with everyone in the biz (add in the fact he went from playing dirty clubs to festivals that pay him to tap on drum pads). You have credit in terms of co-production with I.N.F.O. which is good because I can give credit where credit is due since you've been able to get somewhere in the business. In comparison to the people you talk about who seem to be going beyond their limits to build up to something more, not so good. Because they seem to promote their production more by diversifying what they do. I mean, you're arguing with someone who you don't know over the internet right now while you could be doing more than these guys you can't stand in terms of beatmaking/production. In another words, get your hustle a little more correct and talk less.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

young nova wrote:Ur not really "debating" anything the only thing I'm bitter about is new cam material is unlistenable. Doin beats for cam isn't a great way to make money or be "successful." My original comment seems to ring even truer now though if what ur trying to debate here is araab has a bunch of money. He could have a rich family or somethin though I duno.
Jesus christ. As someone who listens to music, Aarab and Harry Fraud shit all over you. I don't give a fuck about publishing or any of that inside baseball shit, nor do I care about the financials of you or any of the other artists you've mentioned. You're more than entitled to your opinion, but when you start dick swinging about your own beatmaking ability compared to them, you better put up or shut up.

They make music people actually want to listen to. You don't. That's it.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

young nova

Post by young nova »

if u want to talk about it from a "music" standpoint araabs beats pretty much mirror me n infos style from like 2005, listen to cam'ron war and hell rell street pharmacist he even still uses that stupid laser perc sound in every beat that im not sure why was added. those beats are almost a decade old. all that shits stale and dated imo not to mention lazy and amateur. if thats what ur into ok but saying i dont know what im talking about is silly and misinformed.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

araabmuzik's beats sound like trance w/ a cat dancing on a hot tin roof mpc beneath them

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

"get it in ohio" doesn't sound like every other araabmuzik beat.

young nova

Post by young nova »

thats because he didnt make get it in ohio he just got credit for it.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

granted
young nova wrote:im the most bitter producer alive stoupe is so terrible i dont understand why ppl like his shitty beats.
but tbh hes probably right about the money and he(or his ghostproducer or both of them or whatever) and hes made beats least as good most of the dudes hes made fun of bar harry fraud, imho. ARAABs novelty mpc jam band shits grand I suppose if youve lost all your buddies at coachella and the peyotes mashing out but Im not trying to listen to atonal Synth Gurgle experiments on the daily commute.

bit gauche maybe but ioeno how rap producers are supposed to acr. but you never got notorious pretend muslim Busta Rhymes to finally pronounce "a-rab" like a non american so keep it in your pants bro
Philaflava wrote:keep it on mpc's guys.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

nm this is jokes, Harry Fraud threads a monster

young nova

Post by young nova »

lolwut

Req

Post by Req »

nova = kanye
araab = just blaze
F.U. MOOLAH

young nova

Post by young nova »

i mean ppl really didnt like cookin up by cam or the wake by fabolous? those are the best 2 artists araabs been on. those beats arent even new and what harry fraud beat is better?

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Araab just headlined a sold-out show in SF at a 1000+ capacity venue... I'm pretty sure he makes good money off touring.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I don't care about any of this fuckboy bickering but what songs did nova and/or his bsbd affiliates do for cam that came out?

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

only herd of araab :bunk:

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Versive wrote:I don't care about any of this fuckboy bickering but what songs did nova and/or his bsbd affiliates do for cam that came out?

I think you're thinking of Young god, who's is Bsbd.

young nova

Post by young nova »

Versive wrote:I don't care about any of this fuckboy bickering but what songs did nova and/or his bsbd affiliates do for cam that came out?

not really sure what bmbd is but get em daddy war cookin up and gotta love it

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

^that's what had me confused and googling this dude in the first place. i thought that he was in bsbd.

Blue Sky Black Death.

producers from Seattle. Isn't that where you're originally from???
Last edited by sleazy_j on Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

young nova

Post by young nova »

no clue what bsbd is

young nova

Post by young nova »

if ur talking about me yes i live outside of seattle but whatever that is i have nothin to do with

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Can we all just chill the fuck out and agree that rap isn't real music and anyone can do it?

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

is it ok to ask why young nova and araab musik are being compared here?

they don't seem to be that similar in technique nor presentation.