General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

sleazy_j

Re: new Eminem - Survival & Berzerk

Post by sleazy_j »

WiCkEd22 wrote: Feminem
no bias here
bleaching his hair again.
fashion is so important. let's base a rapper on his physical attributes.
he's also had botox done.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

eminem dosent need singles.... he is enough rich.... he can do music that he wants to do , but still he drops awful songs like these....

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote: (almost 41)
Are you familiar with Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, Kony Montana?

How many kids are going to know Eminem's referencing 'Going Back to Cali' at the end? :killacam:

so, to some of these new generation kids who don't care to type 15 letters to maybe findout why Eminem makes all these particular visual references in his video, THESE LEGENDS ARE DISPOSABLE. Did you know about Public Enemy before P.E. meant gym class, son? :rofl:

*decapitates shaking head*
Oh, so I didn't pick up on a reference to the first group (which has easily the gayest name of any group in history ever, in any genre or era of music) of a dude who makes music for white women in their mid thirties with dreadlocks, which you're clearly retconning anyway, so I'm the dummy. Gotcha.

I doubt kids are gonna make it more than 15 seconds into the song to begin with, but who gives a shit if some 16 year old misses a Biggie reference anyway?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

seagrams hotsauce

Kony Montana wrote:

How many kids are going to know Eminem's referencing 'Going Back to Cali' at the end? :killacam:

so, to some of these new generation kids who don't care to type 15 letters to maybe findout why Eminem makes all these particular visual references in his video, THESE LEGENDS ARE DISPOSABLE. Did you know about Public Enemy before P.E. meant gym class, son? :rofl:

Oh, so I didn't pick up on a reference to the first group (which has easily the gayest name of any group in history ever, in any genre or era of music) of a dude who makes music for white women in their mid thirties with dreadlocks, which you're clearly retconning anyway, so I'm the dummy. Gotcha.

I doubt kids are gonna make it more than 15 seconds into the song to begin with, but who gives a shit if some 16 year old misses a Biggie reference anyway?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Kony Montana wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is where I cement your behavioural stupidity for future generations to marvel and gazeth upon.

If you wanted to give the impression you had ANY FUCKING CLUE ABOUT HIP HOP HISTORY, you would understand even the mild but meaningful importance of a group like Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, and why Michael Franti still exists while many other similarly-inspired artists do not, from the era that they were created in. But no, you clearly do NOT have a clue. I've just given you one. Do with it what thou wilt. I could not care less with how little you care to know music history. I accumulate audio information, not ignore it like a smug petulant fuck.

"Who gives a shit if a kid misses a Biggie reference?" :wtf:

Yeah. Who REALLY fucking cares if Eminem, OR ANY SONGWRITER, makes a witty, clever, insightful, meaningful reference to someone or something or somewhere in the past, present or future, to enhance the depth, artistry, impact, spirit, creativity, or brilliance of the song? Like, FUCK ALL THE WORDS, RIGHT?! FUCK ALL THE WORDS AND ALL THE MUSIC TOO, JUST PLAY THE SONG!!! :roll:

*goes to play 'Kim', has no idea Kim Mathers is a real person* :shittylikesometp:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

lol @ Bendy passionately defending songs that 2 pages ago he wasnt that impressed by.

Also, the Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hoprisy are/were terrible
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

no exaggeration I first heard of Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy in a 1001 albums you must hear before you die book I was skimming in a bookshop when I was like 14, and even at that age it got a big irl laugh. Macklemore and Lady Gaga tackled homophobia more subtly than this

My dead grandmother has a better grasp of rap music's appeal than Mindbender.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:lol @ Bendy passionately defending songs that 2 pages ago he wasnt that impressed by.

Also, the Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hoprisy are/were terrible
Laugh all you want, the world is a wonderful place. no need to be grumpy. YOU'RE BRITISH WHITE FOR GOD'S SAKE. HOW IN THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING IN THIS VICIOUS LIFE, NOBODY HAS IT EASIER ON THIS PLANET THAN YOU, WHITE MAN-BOY :rofl:

I defend nothing but artistry, freedom and the ability to coherently discuss moments in human music history, whether they are inconsequential hollow vapid pop culture moments or immortalized eternal inductions of ancestral-inspired artistry.

I NEVER made any personal value judgements about whether they were good or bad, I said motherfucker didn't know about them, which has been established so manrapefuck his ignorant-asslick assertion that I called Public Enemy and Beastie Boys "disposable".

Some of you guys have NOTHING to live for if you can't LIVE TO GROW YOUR HATRED FOR EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. :bunk: :arrow: you are musical maggots :lol:

and for real? learn some balance. cause if you are just one of them never-satisfied debbie downer douchebag d-boy motherfuckers.... damn, that's a sucka. I can criticize Eminem's latest effort brutally, and still not feel pretentious enough to think I'm smarter'n better'n the rest of the universe that is listening to the song right now.

it's MARVELOUS to see you guys dodge, goose-step and pivot around the plot points that puncture your pissant philosophical paradiddles against me. Drum up some serious psychological opposition on a respectable level next time, plz.

I ain't "passionately defending" nothing, and I love how selective and revisionist your critiques remain. It's the only way some of y'all can justify your fuckory foolishness :leon: good on you

Marshall Mathers is far too privleged to know what's real anymore. Eminem needs to battle for food, clothing and shelter again.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

too bad that eminem dosent have freedom to do anything that he wants.....

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

too bad that eminem dosent have freedom to do anything that wants.....

step one

Post by step one »

Good to see Bendy keeping things in perspective and not over reacting in any way.

alpha

Post by alpha »

behavioral stupidity
way to utilize the English language and not be redundant.

seagrams hotsauce

Well, thank you for clueing me into disposable rap heros MB. I am now much more concerned with the ability of teenagers to discern references by and about rappers they probably don't listen to.

Seriously tho Bender, why are you so quick to get combative? I missed a reference to an obscure group, and you responded by threatening to cut my head off. I think you're an alright dude in general, but you could lighten up a bit.

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:YOU'RE BRITISH WHITE FOR GOD'S SAKE. HOW IN THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING IN THIS VICIOUS LIFE, NOBODY HAS IT EASIER ON THIS PLANET THAN YOU, WHITE MAN-BOY :rofl:
White privilege means I shouldn't criticize Eminem?

This is very confusing...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kony Montana wrote:Well, thank you for clueing me into disposable rap heros MB. I am now much more concerned with the ability of teenagers to discern references by and about rappers they probably don't listen to.

Seriously tho Bender, why are you so quick to get combative? I missed a reference to an obscure group, and you responded by threatening to cut my head off. I think you're an alright dude in general, but you could lighten up a bit.
sometimes, I get passionate. I don't REALLY REALLY RELE care the same way I REALLY REEEEALLLY RELE F'REAL care that I hope none of you guys treat women like shit :rofl:

I'm not combative, I'm RESPONSIVE. Please try to find somewhere where I WENT AT SOMEONE FIRST, about anything. I just occasionally retaliate when some punk ass chump tries to feel himself and starts some dumb shit, trying to play me so they can feel :smugkid:

I don't have to son any one here to feel like God. I already am God, and I just like talking about music. I don't mind having a different voice and opinion than most of y'all, and I don't mind HEARING a different voice and opinion. Too bad some others don't feel the same.

Just treat me like a human being, and I'll treat you like a human being (with divine sacred energy inside them :leon: )

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:YOU'RE BRITISH WHITE FOR GOD'S SAKE. HOW IN THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING IN THIS VICIOUS LIFE, NOBODY HAS IT EASIER ON THIS PLANET THAN YOU, WHITE MAN-BOY :rofl:
White privilege means I shouldn't criticize Eminem?

This is very confusing...
White privilege means you shouldn't criticize Black Eminem critics :rofl:

step one

Post by step one »

thing is that no one really dissed and you still went ape shit and start throwing the toys out the pram with one of your inane way-too-long emoti-fests and then when you get called out on it you're all 'treat me like a human being'

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

lol @ MB responding to whats probably the 100000th time someones called him on his lunacy with
"check your privilege"

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Step One is technically blacker than a mollycoddled Canadian welfare leech like Mindbender anyway.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:thing is that no one really dissed and you still went ape shit and start throwing the toys out the pram with one of your inane way-too-long emoti-fests and then when you get called out on it you're all 'treat me like a human being'
hey this is the internet, mang

don't take this too seriously

notice how sometimes i say nothing, sometimes i say something normal, or sometimes i say LOTS AND LOTS :killacam:

i don't trip and once i write what i write, i keep it moving and just keep looking for the next good song :liljon:

y'all are my friends, enemies, strangers, and homies. sometimes i want to wyle out... sometimes i'll be zen

man... i wonder what kind of song Eminem will come with next. :omar:

:cas:

i also find it fun to poke holes in the brains of you white men who make statements in the world and think you are the supreme authority on everything in existence, because in general, few people challenge your thoughts and actions because the world is set up to benefit your absolute unequivocally top level white male supremacy privilege, and Eminem is the ultimate encapsulation of that fact. He's the #1 largest modern artist in hip hop now, not quite because he's the best MC in the rap game (an eternally arguable notion), but because a mass of white people think he's the best, starting from Rolling Stone magazine to MTV on down to the smallest trailer park town. Macklemore is on his way to something similarly white privleged and phenomenally large. Mac Miller does pretty good feeding his whiteness and brand to his market, I think Machine Gun Kelly just kinda jealously dissed him for it, LOL. BELIEVE ME, I see a LOT of white privlege in hip hop culture in Canada here. We don't live in anything close to the fucking Pro-Black Consciousness Era of 1989, bro. Things done changed, and cats ain't trying to fight the power.

I like seeing Eminem-mania grow and wane and grow and explode and heal and kill modern culture. I was on a song with Eternia on Toronto/Detroit cassette mixtape that also featured Eminem's 'I Don't Give a Fuck' in 1997 before he got signed to Aftermath, and I told Eternia "this rapper is really good, and could blow up". Ha ha. I have enjoyed seeing the rise and fall and rise of the great white hope, the modern day rap Elvis Presley, and still one of the greatest MCs in rap history, bar for bar. Eminem's still got many internal issues with respecting women and taking responsibility for his power and influence in the world, and for even extrapolating the infinite potential he currently wields, instead of neutering possibly phenomenal ideas like putting out Slaughterhouse or Yelawolf, or even Obie Trice and D-12 when they mattered to Marshall. Yet, I study Marshall Mathers's legacy and cherish his lyrical miracles when they sporadically manifest. Always gotta watch the rap game of thrones.

I hope Rick Rubin pulled some spontaneous magic out of Eminem at some point, and not this over-thought pop wackyness

:cheers:

I'm insane, I'm aware, and I'm tasmanian
that doesn't mean I don't rep dat truth, POTNA

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:thing is that no one really dissed and you still went ape shit and start throwing the toys out the pram with one of your inane way-too-long emoti-fests and then when you get called out on it you're all 'treat me like a human being'
i'm really having a great time in Toronto right now. it's TRULY Heaven on Earth for me.

i haven't been to England yet, but when I get there, it would be SO MUCH FUN to have a drink with you, step one :cheers:

YOTMB is me and I take full responsibility for every fucking crazy thing I say around here, but I don't really care what anyone thinks, you guys don't really cause me any pain, I love my life and my music career and journey, it would be nice if you all evolved into your higher selves but if you refuse then i don't really mind cause it's your choice to deny your own divinity as it is mine, and i really just come here to dabble in darkness, because the rest of my life is full of so much love and sex and joy.

y'all can say what you want, think what you want, and do what you want. you kinda are starting to treat me like the human alien supreme being i know you know i know you are you know i am you are i know i am, so it's all goodie mobb deep!

:icedit: "started throwing toys out the pram" :lol: :naswtf: :rofl:

is that how y'all say "GOING HAM" cross the pond? :sherlock: :cheers:

it's the special little moments like THESE, that really keep me coming back. :ignore:

:pause: this HAS TO BE the worst song on the MMLP2 record for it to have a chance at not being a fucking :fail:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

This page is cancer.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

cancer 4 cure :cheers:

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

MBRTT

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

:naswtf:

step one

Post by step one »

blastmaster wrote:MBRTT
Mindbender Ruined The Thread?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Mindbender is God. I can "kill" a thread, or I can "resurrect" a thread. the power lies in all of us to be godly, and CREATE.
solution one: talk about something else besides YOTMB to carry on thread :killacam: :ohhh:

:copy: who is worthy of being a guest on the Marshall Mathers 2 LP? I loved "Amityville" but I doubt Eminem will get Bizarre on it again. But there will be a D-12 appearance, right? And probably one Slaughterhouse and/or Yelawolf appearance that will hopefully bring some lyrical miracles outta Sir Marsh Math.

Dr. Dre beats? Will there be any? I fucking HOPE they try to open the album up with something as phenomenal as 'Kill You', which is one of Dre's best ever jams. If they fail to do that... then c'mon son I am disappoint. :fail:

and I HATE TO SAY IT, BUT: this album will be seen as a failure if there isn't a simple, sick pop rap story song of some sort that can be as big as 'Stan'. the people NEED that, they WANT that. the sales of a sloggish song like 'Berzerk' show how much people need to feed into their old addictive patterns, even if there is a revisionist history of diminishing returns on the drug's buzz. but we always love it, won't we? yes, even if this hardest of the hard white has gotten a bit soft and cut with some "BOWCHICKA WOW WOW, BAWIDA BANG BANG" I O E N O :naswtf: Eminem thinks he can get away with anymore. The nonsense he spit on "Any Man" was clever as fuck. This is ridiculous.

and I think "Criminal" is one of the BEST songs to end an album in rap history of all-time... OF ALL-TIME!!!
"and if it's not a rapper that I make it as/ I'ma be a fucking rapist in a Jason mask!" :copy: :bow:
sick twisted timeless classic genius rap music.
the bar is set fucking HIGH for Eminem.

the only person who COMPLETELY got the "part 2" sequel of an album right in the modern generation to me was Raekwon with Cuban Linx 2

and Eminem is not gonna invite Sticky Fingaz back to drop the most fucking insane and advanced verse on Eminem's album again :rofl:

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

Disposable Heros Of Hiphoprisy made some of the most awful music on this planet.

That shit hurts my ears WAY more than this new Em single.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

meh. almost everyone who did horrorcore that WASN'T the Gravediggaz was kinda worse :rofl:

and I'd rather listen to Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy than Chief Keef / infact :lol:

weedsmoker

Post by weedsmoker »

if stan hadn't killed himself i wonder what he would think of berzerk