New Action Bronson (updated with Rare Chandeliers)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

DJCommunist

Re: New Action Bronson (updated with Rare Chandeliers)

Post by DJCommunist »

Philaflava wrote:
awesome

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/check-out-t ... ue-chips-2
The lengths people will go to for the artists we love—the artwork for Action Bronson's highly anticipated Blue Chips 2, produced by Party Supplies, can be understood as a meditation on this theme. Watch a teaser for the free mixtape, out November 1st, below.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Thx Gloss

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

This whole entire tape is FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Versive

Post by Versive »

True indeed, so much better than that Fraud EP from earlier in the year.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Yes, this project shits all over Saab Stories. The samples are all dope, some "unexpected" sources for sure but it all works really well.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Fun listen, I prefer Bronson over these beats.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

tape is dope but not better then the first one to be honest

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Man, playing this back to back with the first installment of Blue Chips, though...... :cheers:
Good shit.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Bam Bam Flushing Queens - I'm a big fan. I might even get an AB T-Shirt now that he's officially rebounded from that SAAB Stories abomination.

Versive

Post by Versive »

The "unexpected" sample sources are the most fun part of this IMO, other than the lyric about training dolphins to use weapons of course.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Pretty weak off first listen.

the Wiper

Post by the Wiper »

this is lovely.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

still blue chips 1 > blue chips 2

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

hellriser wrote:still blue chips 1 > blue chips 2
Was that worth saying twice? Who gives a fuck.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Fuck comparing it to the first one. This shit is just straight up dope. I LIKED Saaab Stories but this is clearly more up Bronson's alley. The haters are never gonna be into AB but dude is just hilarious AND nice on the mic. I'm gonna have this in rotation all week.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

hellriser wrote:still blue chips 1 > blue chips 2
I don't even agree. i think they're damn near equal. Pepe Lopez, The Don's Cheek, Jackson Travolta, Midget Cough, 9-24-13, Amadu Diablo, and I Adore you, are gonna get just as much play as Ron Simmons, Steve Wynn, Thug Love Story, Hookers at the Point did. I'm sure once I can get past Practice using the same sample I used better in 2004, I'll dig that and "Thru the eyes of a G" as much as the aforementioned joints. BC2 is DOPE, however you slice it.

And word, fuck comparing it. Action is gonna get less hungry (hopefully not too much), as he's finally got some comfort money. God bless him, and his son.

Just chill and enjoy how damn great he is compared to these other faggots. Action said "You Better Cherish, before I perish" on that joint with Fat Joe. Word.

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

Philaflava wrote:
9-24-13 is quickly becoming my favorite joint on this MF. Dude is just parched than a MF bugging with his cousin. :cheers:

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Great tape. That contemporary man shit is wild

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

i go back and forth on this guy. like the new tape, especially the samples, but i feel he needs to learn to edit himself better. i've liked this and few of his other albums that i've listened to but by the end of each it just feels like he's filling in a madlib. i don't understand why i need to know what he's wearing (insert sneaker reference) while he's eating (insert food reference), smoking (insert wax/oil reference) and fucking (insert strange sex reference) 19 times

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Ned Ryerson wrote:i don't understand why i need to know what he's wearing (insert sneaker reference) while he's eating (insert food reference), smoking (insert wax/oil reference) and fucking (insert strange sex reference) 19 times

because rap music?

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

touche, sir, touche.

i still feel like most of his stuff would be better trimmed down. as is, his albums sound repetitive to me. after a listen or two i only end up going back to select songs

Skeptic

Post by Skeptic »

Fingers crossed there are no more rhymes about his son's sexual experiences with hookers on this one. :lol:

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

Skeptic wrote:Fingers crossed there are no more rhymes about his son's sexual experiences with hookers on this one. :lol:
No there's that, plus some. He brings up antiquated Rabbis using "old" methods to "cleanse" fresh cut foreskins and infecting babies with Herpes. Also, he equates shitting his pants, and using bedpans with ultimate luxury.

Enjoy.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

fuck sex on the beach i want head in the streets

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Ned Ryerson wrote:i go back and forth on this guy. like the new tape, especially the samples, but i feel he needs to learn to edit himself better. i've liked this and few of his other albums that i've listened to but by the end of each it just feels like he's filling in a madlib. i don't understand why i need to know what he's wearing (insert sneaker reference) while he's eating (insert food reference), smoking (insert wax/oil reference) and fucking (insert strange sex reference) 19 times
Been listening to him more than any other rapper over since early 2011, but I feel the same way sometimes. Sometimes his shit is just seems like it's going nowhere. Bon Apetit, Dr. Lecter, Well Done, Blue Chips, and Rare Chandeliers were all real, real dope, but I'm not feeling BC2 at all. Might grow on me as I listen to it more but I don't know. Also, it's annoying how he has like four or five go to lines that he reuses a lot. Roc does it to a degree to but I've been noticing it more with Bronson lately. "Nothing ever ripped from my neck during a tussle", "smoke the butter same color as (insert name)".

Versive

Post by Versive »

How come nobody's talking about the random cbs radio and ad samples scattered throughout or the fact that one song, easily one of the best IMO, is listed as featuring Action Bronson. Weird shit. Great music.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Ned Ryerson wrote:i go back and forth on this guy. like the new tape, especially the samples, but i feel he needs to learn to edit himself better. i've liked this and few of his other albums that i've listened to but by the end of each it just feels like he's filling in a madlib. i don't understand why i need to know what he's wearing (insert sneaker reference) while he's eating (insert food reference), smoking (insert wax/oil reference) and fucking (insert strange sex reference) 19 times
Been listening to him more than any other rapper over since early 2011, but I feel the same way sometimes. Sometimes his shit is just seems like it's going nowhere. Bon Apetit, Dr. Lecter, Well Done, Blue Chips, and Rare Chandeliers were all real, real dope, but I'm not feeling BC2 at all. Might grow on me as I listen to it more but I don't know. Also, it's annoying how he has like four or five go to lines that he reuses a lot. Roc does it to a degree to but I've been noticing it more with Bronson lately. "Nothing ever ripped from my neck during a tussle", "smoke the butter same color as (insert name)".
Roc is much better at it than Action is.

His delivery and entire demeanor facilitate that whole "I'm flyer than you" style, while it's not as believable coming from a fat Albanian in basketball shorts who's yelling his rhymes at you.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

DLG wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
Roc is much better at it than Action is.

His delivery and entire demeanor facilitate that whole "I'm flyer than you" style, while it's not as believable coming from a fat Albanian in basketball shorts who's yelling his rhymes at you.
Either way, it can get repetitive.