Roc Marciano thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

RL Ayala

Re: Roc Marciano thread

Post by RL Ayala »

Listening through now, Higher Learning is dope. Sincerely Antique was a little bit of a let down after how dope the Medusa joint was. Glad Bruh Man is on here too, dope joint.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Philaflava wrote:couldn't agree more
yep. though I wouldn't mind getting that album with Ka too and then waiting a while for another real roc album.

Versive

Post by Versive »

1) As anticipated, this rules.
2) Might end up liking this more than the album, in fact. Although, who knows? If something as dope as "Velvet Cape" couldn't make the cut, God knows how good the album material's gonna be.
3) Dude sings his ass of on "Ice Cream Man." Incredible
4) Knowledge The Pirate goin in on here too

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Dope interview on the making of the new album..

http://nahright.com/news/in-the-lab-with-roc-marciano/

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Ice Cream Man is a total homage to Max B. Love it.

DLG

Post by DLG »

knowledge the pirate is kinda nice with his.

great verse on ten toes down.

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Dap

Post by Dap »

been saying this since rocs first album, knowledge the pirate is as good if not maybe even better than roc in some ways. imo every track he's been on with ka or roc he's had an equally good if not better verse

i literally have no idea where he's from/who he runs with/if he has any solo tracks

would love to get some info if anyone has it

SpecialAFFEX

Post by SpecialAFFEX »

Knowledge is one of Roc's peoples.

He has a bunch of tracks recorded but not sure if anything is coming out real soon.

He'll be on Marci Beaucoup though.

*edit*

And yes...dude is dope as fuck.

His verse on Reloaded is THE shit

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Dap wrote:knowledge the pirate is as good if not maybe even better than roc in some ways.
reaching
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

oh hell no.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

This tape is superb. I might like this better than Reloaded.

ian e

Post by ian e »

yeah, its dope. too bad there's only a crappy mp3 version floating around tho.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ian e wrote:yeah, its dope. too bad there's only a crappy mp3 version floating around tho.
there's a better version on bandcamp but you gotta pay for it

ian e

Post by ian e »

i did and ran the flacs through the audiochecker. guess what? they're mp3's with a probability of 95%.

they probably just converted the mp3 version roc sent them before uploading.

:larry:

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Knowledge the Pirate sounds like a rugged Capital D from All Natural.

CSB

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Light my blunt you fucking whore

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

can't get the beat for "Doesn't Last" out of my head, this thing is great. The production is stellar throughout, mostly Roc beats. He self produced Marci Beaucoup right? Can't wait to hear the heat on there with all the self produced gems on this one that didn't make the cut. Also seems a little more introspective on here which is great.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Ice Cream Man is fucking fly. Good call on that being an homage to Biggaveli...Higher Learning and Ten Toes Down also immediate favorites. This shit bangs

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

unclebengi wrote:can't get the beat for "Doesn't Last" out of my head, this thing is great. The production is stellar throughout, mostly Roc beats. He self produced Marci Beaucoup right? Can't wait to hear the heat on there with all the self produced gems on this one that didn't make the cut. Also seems a little more introspective on here which is great.
just a guess, but i assume at least some of the songs are on the mixtape because of the samples. if it's all stuff that just didn't make the cut, Beaucoup should be crazy. either way can't wait to hear what he did on the actual album. he's said in a few interviews it's supposed to be him producing with a bunch of features. who knows though, i haven't seen a tracklist

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Ned Ryerson wrote: he's said in a few interviews it's supposed to be him producing with a bunch of features. who knows though, i haven't seen a tracklist
In that case the mixtape is virtually guaranteed to be better than the album. Especially if those features are culled from the Man Bites Dog roster, which includes such shining talents as Stu Bangas and Copywrite

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

A birdie told me he got about 30K for this deal with MBD, which pays him for this mixtape and the new album and they gave him some title like VP of the label. Sounds awfully low but apparently Decon lost $ on his last album despite its reviews.

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

drizzle wrote:
Ned Ryerson wrote: he's said in a few interviews it's supposed to be him producing with a bunch of features. who knows though, i haven't seen a tracklist
In that case the mixtape is virtually guaranteed to be better than the album. Especially if those features are culled from the Man Bites Dog roster, which includes such shining talents as Stu Bangas and Copywrite
yeah i didn't think he was gonna be rapping on it when i first heard him talking about it and therefore was not all that excited. after this mixtape though i'm not really sure what to expect

wasn't the illogic/blockhead album on man bites dog?

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

From the interview I posted above:

Collaborating with other MCs on Marci Beaucoup

“During the process of making Reloaded, I made more beats than I ever made in my life. So I had a lot of music. Marci Beaucoup was something I always had in mind, because I wanted to hear other cats rapping over my beats without actually having to go solicit beats to them. You know, hit a dude with a batch of beats, and then wait for him to hit me back and tell me what he like. I wasn’t interested in that. I just wanted to put my beats on a platter, and then just collaborate with everyone I want to collaborate with. Then I get a chance to hear them spitting over my beats.

“That’s pretty much how it came along. It was organic. I was already working with a lot of people that I wanted to put on the project, so it worked real smooth. I wasn’t in the studio with most of them. I just sent it out to them, and they got it right back to me.

“Guilty [Simpson] said some crazy shit [on the new album]. He said, ‘I smoke good in your hood like I blew a gasket/But still I’m mobile enough to creep on your truck and let it buck on your crew in traffic/Karma, lettin’ off hate I harbored/The barber, I line ‘em up and cut parts….’ There are a lot of crazy rhymes on this album. Ka said some ridiculous stuff. There’s a lot of wild rhymes on it.

“The [new album] is looser. It’s not as calculated as a solo effort, because other people are a part of it. It has more of a looseness to it. I think people are gonna love that.”

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

XXL wrote:The veteran MC and producer explained that Marci Beaucoup will be his first producer album, and will boast features from Freeway, Boldy James, Ka and Knowledge the Pirate. He explained that he feels the album will offer fans a chance to hear other artists rap over his original productions.

“It’s really not different – my approach to making music is pretty much the same no matter where I’m putting the project out at,” he said. “I think it’s just going to be exciting for the people just to hear other artists rapping over my beats because I don’t do feature-heavy projects as far as concerning my own projects. This is going to be actually an opportunity for a lot of people to get a chance to hear that. I’ll give a few guys up [on Marci Beaucoup]: Freeway, Boldy James, Knowledge the Pirate, Ka.”
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/04/roc- ... s-a-waste/

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

"Ice Cream Man" is such a phenomenal track. That song gives a nigga chills....

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

drizzle wrote:
He's rapping on a majority of the album. It's supposed to have heavy features from Ka, Action, Knowledge, Maffew Ragazino, Sean P, and Guilty Simpson.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Philaflava wrote:A birdie told me he got about 30K for this deal with MBD, which pays him for this mixtape and the new album and they gave him some title like VP of the label. Sounds awfully low but apparently Decon lost $ on his last album despite its reviews.

Surprised they lost money on Reloaded. Thought I heard somewhere it sold close to 10k overall. Definitely could be wrong about that. Also would have thought the budget for it would have been very low.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Lotta flavor on this tape. Best project out right now.