[iBattle] - DIRT VS. BENDER

Post by ardamus »

iBattle Worldwide Presents: Dirt Vs Bender *MOD'S CHOICE*
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: [iBattle] - DIRT VS. BENDER

Post by ardamus »

Couldve been a damn classic. Mad they had to rush thru their rounds.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

ardamus wrote:Couldve been a damn classic. Mad they had to rush thru their rounds.
Why were they rushing like that?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

apparently, they battled like around 2am and the venue was closing. bender explained it on his FB. i'll find it and post it up.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Debateable given the rushing. Dirt did way better than expected.

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

That's the way Dirt always raps.
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

But Bender doesn't rap that fast. Plus he was drunk.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Bender wrote:My breakdown on my iBattle Worldwide match vs dirt. First off, I though dirt would be a prick. Upon meeting him tho he's a real ass down to earth dude. I met Justin TheLyricist before and he's the homey but down there I met Stainless Gpg who was also mad cool and a slept on battle/actual rapper. I was supposed to get my down deposit(half of the total pay) a month before the battle happened. There was a bit of trouble rounding up pay and Ruckus Logic McGuinness asked if it was ok if he was a bit late getting the money to me that was agreed in the contract. I know nothing ever runs as smooth as planned so I said of course that's no problem. When it got close to the battle, logic messaged me saying a sponsor dropped out and asked if I was willing to bus down to ct. I said no. Now, being the drunk idiot I am I got drunk and missed my flight. I called logic and apologized and he was understandably bummed. I said dont worry I'm gonna make it right so I went out of pocket(as I should have) and paid for a bus ticket from Ottawa to Albany. I got to Albany the morning of the event and crashed. I woke up early aft and messaged logic saying I'd be there before the time when he told me my battle would be. It was unprofessional for me to miss my flight and I owned up and solved it best I could. When I got there at 8, it turned out a lot of people must have been late because the majority of battles had not yet went down. Logic had a personal problem that was beyond his control that he was forced to go deal with shortly after I arrived. I was told I would battle an hr later. Then an hr later. Then an hr later. There was some chaos involved and although there was an effort to organize, with that many performers and a lot not showing up on time the schedule obviously suffered. By 1:15am I was told there was 2 battles before mine. By this point I was drunk. My fault 100 percent. I was told the battle would not happen. I'm not sure who the promoters were at that point or who was running it. At 1:45, 15 minutes after last call in ct, I was told that if we got on stage, we had 8 minutes to finish our material. I looked at dirt and said "should we even do this, should we just go to a park.?" We decided to rap for the15-20 there with the club owner grilling and saying shit for us to stop.
I regret rapping but I felt I was in a situation where I needed to get paid to even get home. Me and dirt both rushed through our material and got it all out for the crowd. I was very happy with my material, but pretty bummed with ho I executed it. In the end I got drunk, my own decision on pulled of a poor performance. I think dirt feels the same way, tho I will give him the win because I don't think he slipped up as much and he had quality material. Shouts to iBattle for having me, wish it could have went smoother. I know they put a lot of time and money in and I think all parties had best intentions. Much love and continued success to them. Just wanted to break the night down how I saw it.