Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sucka Ducka

Re: Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Yo Jason, is there a usability update that can be made to make external links pop a new window/tab up vs. directing users off of the P?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Philaflava wrote:That 'respect the culture" shit is annoying. How does somebody like Yelawolf not respect hip-hop enough? It's such a cheap way for somebody who is irrelevant and bitter to say. Does Mac Lethal or Alaska need to get a degree from the Temple of Hip-Hop in order to rap?
no, dude.

it's KEEP respecting the culture. you don't STOP learning about Black music history when you get a record deal.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:Yo Jason, is there a usability update that can be made to make external links pop a new window/tab up vs. directing users off of the P?
wrong thread, bruh. plus you might wanna see if Random Sample can hook that up.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Crooked I just shut Lord Jamar's racist ignorant bullshit the fuck up with this song: http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2013/11/cr ... y-dynasty/
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joints

Post by Joints »

YouTube was created by 2 white guys and an asian man. Lord Jamar can't just come into the house and start re-decorating shit.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Crooked I just shut Lord Jamar's racist ignorant bullshit the fuck up with this song: http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2013/11/cr ... y-dynasty/

dang, crooked can be so dope sometimes

"i really don't think your discussion is close/ put it in a rhyme, cause my niggas don't read the huffington post"

:lol: :lol:

khadafi

Post by khadafi »

Yo! I am black and I say fuck Lord Jamar and his bullshit talk. It's just music let all people enjoy whatever music they want.
What if the table turns and black folks have to bring back everythings whites invented. Black folks and Africa will be sent back to 4000 BC.
Lord Jamar get the F out of here god!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Balzac wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Crooked I just shut Lord Jamar's racist ignorant bullshit the fuck up with this song: http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2013/11/cr ... y-dynasty/

dang, crooked can be so dope sometimes

"i really don't think your discussion is close/ put it in a rhyme, cause my niggas don't read the huffington post"

:lol: :lol:

When he wants to, he can be fucking filthy.

Req

Post by Req »

khadafi wrote:Yo! I am black and I say fuck Lord Jamar and his bullshit talk. It's just music let all people enjoy whatever music they want.
What if the table turns and black folks have to bring back everythings whites invented. Black folks and Africa will be sent back to 4000 BC.
F.U. MOOLAH

Sylissez

Post by Sylissez »

Yo! He is black!

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Joints wrote:YouTube was created by 2 white guys and an asian man. Lord Jamar can't just come into the house and start re-decorating shit.
Al Gore ain't havin' it.

Req

Post by Req »

Sylissez wrote:Yo! He is black!
Yo!
What is up my negro!
F.U. MOOLAH

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

necro comes through with the best commentary.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Hiphop should be open to all ethnicities but homosexuality doesn't have a place in hiphop. Hiphop will never be feminist. Hiphop will never be about some meek pacifist turn-the-other-cheek bullshit. It is what it is and if you don't like it get the fuck out.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

observe911

Post by observe911 »

khadafi wrote:Yo! I am black and I say fuck Lord Jamar and his bullshit talk. It's just music let all people enjoy whatever music they want.

You really have no knowledge of your history
PAWGing

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

sleazy_j wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Man, I'd love to hear what is going through G raps mind while Necro was talking.

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

^ ^^ :rofl:
Joints wrote:YouTube was created by 2 white guys and an asian man. Lord Jamar can't just come into the house and start re-decorating shit.
:lol:
Last edited by DJCommunist on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

Blockhead wrote:
sleazy_j wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Man, I'd love to hear what is going through G raps mind while Necro was talking.

right? he was just sittin there like a puddin
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

:lol:

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i feel like g rap should be wearing that jacket, and hes pondering the same thing in the video while necro is talking

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

damn that tower records comment made was :lol:s
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

observe911

Post by observe911 »

That nigga Kool G is on that "yes yes" shit..he knows that Hip Hop is a black culture, but he's not saying shit cuz his fans which are mostly white buy his music..

Beastie Boys? C'mon breh..MTV's darlings? Niggas wasnt fucking with them like that back in the days..not any hood I've been in..

Lord Jamar is 100% correct..it's part of our culture..ya they can participate in it, but it's beginnings were black..it's like saying rock, jazz , soul, disco, house, techno, blues and gospel have nothing to do with our culture..our pain and struggle is in the music..it's like the African Diaspora..shatter our whole family lines with no knowledge of our roots..

I don't care what Kool G rap or Necro have to say cuz they don't speak for all black people..especially Necro..he shouldn't be speaking at all..hip hop never started out as white..the rap originated from pimps in the south and then came the music which originated from a Jamaican..so how is it part of any other culture than black ...we speak it, we talk it, we walk it...fuck up outta here before act like Kanye and parade with a confederate flag claiming that that is my culture..
PAWGing

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i dunno, licensed to ill was #1 on the "black music" charts when it dropped, and a thing like the "black music" charts existed.

and that album is still sampled heavily by black, hood rappers. more than any other white rapper music that could be sampled.
mostly the end part of "the new style".
observe911 wrote: I don't care what Kool G rap or Necro have to say cuz they don't speak for all black people.
good to hear that you do. either way, your opinion is in the minority. how are you going to fix that?
hip hop never started out as white
you must forgot who has cutting record deals, managing groups, and cutting checks.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

Black people did start rap music and while it has transcended racial lines, that point should not even be up for debate. Who really gives a shit what anyone says anyway, people just need to understand the actual root of any of this is because LJ was asked a question and he answered it honestly saying what he said, not giving 2 shits who likes it like you supposed to. Same way Macklemore did what he's supposed too, say what he gotta say, not giving 2 shits who likes it.
NICE CAT!

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

tons of potential emoticons of G Rap while Necro talks.

observe911

Post by observe911 »

sleazy_j wrote:i dunno, licensed to ill was #1 on the "black music" charts when it dropped, and a thing like the "black music" charts existed.

and that album is still sampled heavily by black, hood rappers. more than any other white rapper music that could be sampled.
mostly the end part of "the new style".
observe911 wrote: I don't care what Kool G rap or Necro have to say cuz they don't speak for all black people.
good to hear that you do. either way, your opinion is in the minority. how are you going to fix that?
hip hop never started out as white
you must forgot who has cutting record deals, managing groups, and cutting checks.
Minority of what? Minority to the white people who listen to hip hop that would even dare to say its there culture...compared to almost every black that would say other wise..you can't even say I'm in the minority cuz then you would have to bring up numbers and analytics which you have no way of proving....so to even say that is fallacious ..

Record deals? That didnt start out as the hip hop culture.,there were no record labels.it started out in the parks, before Sylvia Robinson exploited it and watered it down..

Yeah I'm the minority on this site since its believes are Eurocentric...and of course you want ya precious music that you hold dear to feel like something your part of..but it's not your music,,it will never be..no matter how hard you steal it or if your favorite rapper says other wise..Kool G's beliefs hold no weight to what I reflect..all he can do is rap..he can't preach..he just showed it and he lost
PAWGing

observe911

Post by observe911 »

What's that line when Eminem was talmbout stealing black music like Elvis..even Em knows its black music..he grew up around blacks and got taught well..Necro didn't..to even say that hip hop is white music is crazy
PAWGing

observe911

Post by observe911 »

Edit
PAWGing

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

I USED TO STEAL MAD SHIT FROM TOWER RECORDS
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

:cheers:
MC Homeless wrote:I USED TO STEAL MAD SHIT FROM TOWER RECORDS
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;