Killa Sin Arrested for Attempted Murder

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sucka Ducka

Killa Sin Arrested for Attempted Murder

Post by Sucka Ducka »

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... ted-murder
Killa Sin facing a second-degree attempted murder charge after reportedly shooting a man in the chest several times.

Wu-Tang Clan affiliate Killa Sin was arrested following a shooting, which took place earlier this month in Staten Island, New York. According to the Staten Island Advance, Killa Sin (real name Jeryl Grant) shot a man in the chest several times outside of the Sangita Shala night club.

The rapper was reportedly leaving a birthday party at a local hall when he discovered a group of men hanging around his parked truck. The confrontation with those men is what allegedly led to 33-year-old Darnell Brown being shot numerous times. Brown’s injuries were not fatal.

Killa Sin, who is currently on parole until October 2015, was arrested on Wednesday, November 20 and now faces second-degree attempted murder and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon charges.

If convicted, this will serve as the third time the Killarmy emcee has found himself in prison in a span of only 10 years.

As a Wu-Tang Clan affiliate, Killa Sin has appeared on records with Method Man, RZA, Ghostface Killah, and more. Earlier this year, he appeared on Ghostface's Twelve Reasons To Die track "Murder Spree" alongside U-God, Masta Killa, and Inspectah Deck.

The rapper is also known as one of the members of Killarmy, a Staten Island-based Hip Hop group with ties to Wu-Tang. And along with rapper/producer MC Mastermind, Killa Sin was also a part of the Killa Masterminds duo.
Bummer.
Last edited by Sucka Ducka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Echo Leader

Re: Killa Sin Arrested for Murder

Post by Echo Leader »

Goddammit.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Stories sounds sketch.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

welp, there goes another one. fuck.......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

you should change the thread title. he was arrested for attempt murder, not murder.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

Echo Leader wrote:Goddammit.

thebohdan252

Re: Killa Sin Arrested for Attempted Murder

Post by thebohdan252 »

The day before he started recording a solo lp with 4th disciple

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

thebohdan252 wrote:The day before he started recording a solo lp with 4th disciple
there is no god :owens:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
thebohdan252 wrote:The day before he started recording a solo lp with 4th disciple
there is no god :owens:
Yeah, did know know that. Fuuuuuuu.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Sucks. One of my favorite rappers.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Last edited by Combo7 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ain't no peace without war :sad:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

Even RZA tried to feed him...

Huldrich Bullsh!t

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

best rappername-criminal charge-combo

Shiftshock

Post by Shiftshock »

killa stole my bike back in 97. fuck dat nigga. karma a bitch

GentleJonesReturns

Post by GentleJonesReturns »

Shiftshock wrote:killa stole my bike back in 97. fuck dat nigga. karma a bitch
do tell

Versive

Post by Versive »

Shiftshock wrote:killa stole my bike back in 97. fuck dat nigga. karma a bitch
:lol:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.silive.com/eastshore/index.s ... ts_16.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wu-Tang Clan affiliate gets 16 to life in gun case; maintains innocence

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Seven weeks ago, a Staten Island jury convicted a Wu-Tang Clan affiliate of criminal weapon possession stemming from a shooting incident in the fall of 2013 in Concord.

But in an impassioned plea, Jeryl Grant insisted at his sentencing on Tuesday that jurors got it wrong.

"I was, in fact, the victim in this case. What you see in the video (of the incident) is me picking up the gun that man put to my head," Grant told Justice William E. Garnett, referring to Darnell Brown, whom he was accused of shooting and wounding.

"It's killing me inside," continued Grant. "I'm facing the rest of my life in jail and this man is running around doing the same thing. I feel there is no justice in this system. I appreciate leniency in any way you think (appropriate). This is my life in front of you."

Garnett, who sentenced Grant to 16 years to life as a persistent felony offender, said he had "no doubt" after looking at the surveillance videotape that the defendant illegally possessed a gun on Nov. 16, 2013.

Grant, 39, has prior convictions for criminal weapon possession and attempted criminal weapon. The sentence was the minimum he could receive as a persistent felony offender.

In late March, Grant was found guilty of second-degree criminal weapon possession, but acquitted of attempted murder in connection with the shooting and wounding of Brown outside El Pollo restaurant at 560 Richmond Rd.

The panel deadlocked on a charge of first-degree assault. Prosecutors had that count dismissed on Tuesday, citing the victim's lack of cooperation.

In her closing argument during the trial, Assistant District Attorney Natalie Barros told jurors that Grant "intentionally tried to kill" Brown, then 33, and succeeded in wounding the victim six times.

Brown survived.

Ms. Barros, who prosecuted the case along with Assistant District Attorney Kyle Reeves, said videotape surveillance at the location showed Grant holding an object in his right hand and extend his arm toward Brown in a manner "consistent" with firing a gun.

Brown attempted to return fire, but his gun jammed.

Neither Grant, a St. George resident, nor Brown testified.

In his closing argument, defense lawyer Mario F. Gallucci maintained Brown was the aggressor and his client didn't have a gun.

Brown, he said, accosted Grant as the defendant turned on to Richmond Road from Mary Street and pointed a gun at his head.

Grant grabbed one of Brown's friends who was standing nearby and fell to the ground and Brown dropped the gun, he said.

Gallucci told jurors that Grant picked up Brown's gun, ran around the corner, put the weapon in his pants pocket and drove off.

Gallucci repeated that refrain on Tuesday, telling Garnett he believes Grant acted in self-defense.

"He had a gun to his head," said Gallucci. "I truly feel he's a good person."

Garnett told Grant that Gallucci "did a wonderful job" representing him, but jurors concluded, as did he in watching the videotape, that the defendant possessed a gun.

Grant has served two stints in state prison, according to public records - a three-year sentence for a 2003 weapon-possession conviction, and a four-year sentence for a 2007 attempted-weapon possession conviction.

He has contributed to several albums by the borough's globally known Wu-Tang Clan, and his track, "The Archer," can be heard on the soundtrack of the 2012 film, "The Man with the Iron Fists." He's considered a key member of the Wu-Tang affiliated Killarmy.

True Dough

Post by True Dough »

maybe Obama can pardon him