Maschine 2.0 thread.

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

the dead poet

Re: Maschine 2.0 thread.

Post by the dead poet »

yea their customer service is really shitty. If i didn't like their products so much I'd say fuck them all together.

I sent an email of friday to them asking them the status on my komplete 9 U. They answered back today saying they are out of stock for 2 weeks and asked if I wanted to cancel. hahaha. I just said no send it when you get it.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

so just found out my k9u has arrived and will be waiting for me when i get off work. i am gonna geek the fuck out tonight, will post results soon.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

What's the difference between the mk2 and the studio besides price? for someone just getting in to this and probably just making beats for fun, would the mk2 do the trick for me? thinking about getting myself a christmas present.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

odium-LSC wrote:What's the difference between the mk2 and the studio besides price? for someone just getting in to this and probably just making beats for fun, would the mk2 do the trick for me? thinking about getting myself a christmas present.
yes, absolutely. the studio has more midi outputs, bigger and nicer screens, and more buttons that don't require you to use a shift button. it also allows you to view a mixer on the screens on the controller. if you are just getting into this and making beats for fun, you don't need the studio.

in fact i would argue that you don't even need the mk2. i have the mk1 and it works just fine for me, and you can get one super cheap now. it might be a little tricky buying one used because of the license transfer process required by native instruments but there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the mk1 and the mk2. a slightly different layout, higher quality screens and colored pads. big fuckin whoop. if i were you, i'd snag a mk1 and use the money you saved to buy some monitors, an audio interface, or a midi keyboard.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

^the shift button still be getting a work out on the studio haha.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

my k9u finally came. and then i came. yay

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

^yea got mine xmas eve. still haven't installed yet, need to free up major space.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

i read somewhere that people who had projects with 1.8 updated to the 2.0 software and had issues in regards to them not being able to work on those old projects anymore. can anyone confirm or deny this? that would be a huge bummer if it were the case. i was going to hold out on purchasing the software update but i'm really in need of the multi-core support that it offers and i don't see myself being able to snag the studio hardware for some time so i might be doing this sooner than later.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

perabigail wrote:i read somewhere that people who had projects with 1.8 updated to the 2.0 software and had issues in regards to them not being able to work on those old projects anymore. can anyone confirm or deny this? that would be a huge bummer if it were the case. i was going to hold out on purchasing the software update but i'm really in need of the multi-core support that it offers and i don't see myself being able to snag the studio hardware for some time so i might be doing this sooner than later.
nah, there's a setting in the file tab that says "import 1.x format" you can easily do that to all your 1.0 - 1.8 projects really fast. I did and I haven't had any issues.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Anybody have a cracked version of http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ntent=1393

or know where I can find it?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

it's on audionews.org. if you make music and don't have an acct there yet - do it. I would send but it's 5 gigs almost...just make an acct. it's like 15 bucks or some shit. you'll get your money back in software and then some in the first 10 minutes on there.