General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Total Slaughter battle

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

anyone see this? thoughts?

so far:
-Arsonal was decent, actually. I thought he is normally vastly overrated, but he came solid vs. Big T. A good battle.
-Daylyt was fucking corny as a curled log of hot feces in Arkansas in late August. Amazing Spawn costume. Not ONE good :copy: to T-Rex. Round three was definitely the most :roper: shit to ever happen in battle rap history. Daylyt has officially jumped the shark to me, and probably to many other people too. I always thought he was overrated, but this just put the nail in his problematic coffin. Content is king, son. Fuck the bells and whistles. Yeah it's entertainment, but "half of it is what you say, and half is style." And your style ain't even that ill, bruh. Plus you ain't said shit. T-Rex deserved better. :arrow:
-Royce the 59 is funny and also kinda bitter.
-ebro isn't anything to me. ugh.
-Sway's voice is so shaky, LOL. But he's a good dude.
-it's really fucking weaksauce that Eminem supposedly isn't there. No matter HOW busy he is, he should be there. cool to see Busta Rhymes there :cheers:

other thoughts?

:sherlock:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Total Slaughter battle thread

my favorite line of the battle:

"we live and breathe this shit... meh... "throw them a couple of G's, that's it."/ wow! G's? that's it?!/ JIMMY IOVINE: DIE PLEASE, AND PAUL ROSENBERG: EAT A DICK!"

Hollow's first round is PURE FUCKING :copy:

:rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dusty Fingers

Re: Total Slaughter battle thread

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Apparently Star approached Ebro and told him he would slap the shit out of him and Vlad caught it on tape...

Any info on this?
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Re: Total Slaughter battle

dunno. :bunk: x :sherlock:

in other news: SOMEWHERE ON EARTH, CANIBUS IS. LAUGHING. HIS. MOTHER. FUCKING. ASS. OFF. MORE. THAN. ANYONE. ELSE. ON. THE. PLANET. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl.: :rofl: :copy:

Joe Buddens went out like a SUCKA in the third round. STRAIGHT CHUMP STYLE! You put the mic down... you basically done pulled out a book of 30 pages of rhymes, LOLOLOL

it was over in the first round, for real. SOOO much respect for Hollow da Don for MURDERING the whole Total Slaughter corporate juggernaut using the secret ugly truth as the most lethal lyrical weapon. At the end of the ~first round~ when Hollow was done, it was TOTALLY a reincarnation of the moment in 8 Mile when Rabbit killed Clarence and everyone was like OHHHHHHHH just waiting to see what he could say in response... the answer: nothing. Joe Budden just got slaughtered... IN HIS OWN HOUSE :copy:

round 2 was just more devastating revelations, and round 3 was 'super ugly' time. this was not a mistake, but this was a huge win for Hollow da Don, and a huge loss for the Shady brand. Except money-wise. They probably caked up regardless. But reputation wise? Ha. This was a bloodbath. The "homey gon' clown this n!gga/.... I'm rappin circles around this n!gga" part was the end of the end. Hollow bodied Joey.
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

they should have found him a better rapper to take on... where was raekwon?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

LOL. Raekwon wouldn't do this. He's waaay too much in other dimensions. But it would be a dream to see Rae body someone on video with Shaolin battle slang.

I actually thought Joe Budden was going to win... until Thursday, when I heard he got on the radio saying "yeah, I haven't really prepared my verses yet. I been busy." :bunk: :bunk: :bunk: :fail:

YOU HAD LIKE THREE MONTHS TO PREPARE, JOEY. gtfoh :arrow:

he got outperformed so very extremely. there was almost not a single moment where i thought it was equal. and i'm not a Hollow fan like that. i expected Joe's writing to be A LOT better. it was pretty substandard at almost all points in time. Like shit that would NOT make a Slaughterhouse mixtape level verses, for real. a few good-hitting bars, but nothing showstopping at all.

Hollow said LOTS of super real down low shit that TOTALLY would make the corporate sponsors fucking NERVOUS and even make Eminem look like nobody special. WHICH IS THAT REAL GLADIATOR BATTLE DOPENESS :copy:

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: I actually thought Joe Budden was going to win...
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: I actually thought Joe Budden was going to win...
:rofl:

well, I thought he was going to at least make it close, and that they were going to vote him to win, because he's signed to Shady Records, and shit is corrupt like that.

But Joe Buddens did SO BAD, that there was no way in the world anyone could have voted for him to win. :rofl: pure :copy:

thatkidnero

Post by thatkidnero »

Previously I'd only seen that Loaded Lux/Hollow battle but I fully expected homeboy to destroy Budden. By my standards that most definitely didn't happen. All the Eminem/Shady shit struck me as corny and the only round Hollow took was the one Joe gave up on.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

any video links?

are these kotd style battles or the old kind?

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

thatkidnero wrote:Previously I'd only seen that Loaded Lux/Hollow battle but I fully expected homeboy to destroy Budden. By my standards that most definitely didn't happen. All the Eminem/Shady shit struck me as corny and the only round Hollow took was the one Joe gave up on.
:naswtf:

that Shady shit was :ohsh: to me. Because it was all fucking TRUE.

Hollow had the TITANIUM BALLS to scream in all their faces: "we all know this shit is about Slaughterhouse's album sales being low!"

unbreakable :copy: by Hollow - "besides Em, Drake and Hov/ most of y'all rappers are barely breaking gold!!!" :omar: :copy: :omar: :copy: :lock:

and he just hogtied and roasted the whole major label system's attempted exploitation of the battle scene. eternal quotables!

Hollow da Don isn't my favorite kind of MC, but he has my undying respect from now on. Totally Canibussed the homie Joey Budddens. :rofl:
Balzac wrote:any video links?

are these kotd style battles or the old kind?
:rofl: as in 'freestyle'? 'off da head'?? ARE YOU CRAZY, BRO :rofl:

of course it's all pre-written. that's how battle rap is today.

sorry, Shady Records took down the link I found :cry: it's gotta be out there on the interwebs somewhere tho

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... gvm516h2q1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i thought hollow was going to slap the shit out buddens. lol

step one

Post by step one »

Still find shit like this really hard to watch.
I enjoyed Budden's freestyles when he first came out in 02/03 (and that Last Dayz freestyle he did on Sirius around 07/08) and he probably still makes more off Pump It Up than that Hollow dude will in his whole career.

Also, does anyone have a full/untagged version of Budden/Fab/Paul Cain's version of In Da Club pls?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

step one

Post by step one »

Still find shit like this really hard to watch.
I enjoyed Budden's freestyles when he first came out in 02/03 (and that Last Dayz freestyle he did on Sirius around 07/08) and he probably still makes more off Pump It Up than that Hollow dude will in his whole career.

Also, does anyone have a full/untagged version of Budden/Fab/Paul Cain's version of In Da Club pls?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Hey guess what, guys, we also a fucking forum that talks about battle rap, too. I think its called Check The Rhyme.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

AXEWOUNDFISTER wrote:http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... gvm516h2q1

i thought hollow was going to slap the shit out buddens. lol

rofl

i don't know why popular "established" rappers ever think its a good idea to battle on this level.
budden looked like a fool there.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

ardamus wrote:Hey guess what, guys, we also a fucking forum that talks about battle rap, too. I think its called Check The Rhyme.
Thun wrote: I think we can grow from 5 to 10 to 50 quickly. And think in a few months we'll have fodder for a blog.
Alas...

Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:
ardamus wrote:Hey guess what, guys, we also a fucking forum that talks about battle rap, too. I think its called Check The Rhyme.
Thun wrote: I think we can grow from 5 to 10 to 50 quickly. And think in a few months we'll have fodder for a blog.
Alas...

:copy:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:
Alas...

:copy:
Well, hey, it was either have a forum for battle rap or join team alpha when it crumbled as it started. I'm good with my decision. :cheers:

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

absolute most unwatchable garbage of all time... hollow isn't nice and none of these dudes are... i promise you on my life i would rip every one of them to pieces and i don't even rap

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Dusty Fingers wrote:absolute most unwatchable garbage of all time... hollow isn't nice and none of these dudes are... i promise you on my life i would rip every one of them to pieces and i don't even rap
:lol: man, this place gets more ridiculous by the minute

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

spoke to tahiry, told me how you went in it
said wu tangs forever, joe barely last a minute
raekwon pop eye... shoulda ate your spinach

and i didn't even need three months

get the fuck out of here... hollow is wack

duhhh (insert retarded gun punchline here)

omgz pump it up... let me just directly bite inspectah deck (pump it up... pump it up... and pump it up?)

joe ate him and they both were wack as fuck

hollow yells and throws a few hand movements around and you cream your panties... fact

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

did he REALLY use a budden up line? LOL okay, so he bites both deck and jay...

then he spends another 4 bars repeating the retardedly horrible line...

then he spends another 4 bars making the lamest shady references...

another 4 bars bringing up irrelevant 90s rap song references...

does a classic lame scheme where he names a bunch of one thing (rnb singers this time around)

(insert another awful gun punchline here)

then he spazzes out and stops rapping and threatens to punch joe for hitting a chick?

dude is straight ass and is a fake thug to boot

i mean literally might have been the worst 45 minutes of television ever

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

joe battle rapping, that's like mike playing baseball
got 6 rings... cause all your wifeys went awol
ice pack rap, hot when hell freeze over
drop a dope bar, finally... me sober
only take one line for me to show ya
i know this, just witness joe/hova
watch da don steam roll ya
one punch i'll fold ya
then bring out all your exes
now that's one cold shoulder
(get him another icepack sway) *crowd goes nuts

"I SAID, I SAID, I SAID"... ehhhhhh

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Dusty, how are you gonna diss this shit and say its unwatchable but you had to rewind the vids to quote everything? In 3 back to back posts? On top of that, do you or anyone else who doesnt keep up with current battle even know where they got the format from to do this? I agree this event in terms of battle was not great. But if you kept up the scene, I think some of you would have a more valid opinion.

Anyways, Hollow took it, 2-1. And that wasnt Hollow at his best. Joe did better than expected. Heard Tsu Surf gave him some pointers on how to do it.

step one

Post by step one »

Unwatchable garbage : watches repeatedly to take detailed notes :lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

moving to the proper forum. maybe we would have more dialog there if people posted this stuff there.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Told MB this before and he played it like he doesn't get into the battle rap scene. Yet he wants post one of his battles and then post about Total Slaughter in M2C. And that fool is at almost every KOTD event in Canada.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I was there live. Here's my on-sight coverage for the Village Voice - http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/201 ... _recap.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, Hollow 3-0 because he was actually rapping and not reciting rhymes from memory with the enthusiasm of a middle-aged man browsing through books of wallpaper samples.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

Thun

Post by Thun »

Locking this thread because it sucks.