Trinidad James

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Piff Tannen

Re: Trinidad James

Post by Piff Tannen »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
I wish all young black men the best success in life, I really do. But if they want to act like they never learned from the history before them... then they are doomed to repeat it.
Piff Tannen wrote: tonk for the money
givin no fucks

those are the two that lasted for me
Because you're a person I respect, I listened to those songs.

No disrespect to you, but I will never voluntarily listen to those songs again.

preeeetty pretty bad rap music, even by my most base, iggy, drunken, cheap thrill, guilty pleasure low-ball standards.

I'd rather just listen to classic Cam'ron if I want to hear degenerate NYC hood hop

Cameron Giles in 98 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trinidad James now and/or forever

oh and Drizzle... I'm okay with my journey.

God doesn't need a co-sign.

:leon: thats whats up, but still, check the article if thats the only keef related shit you check

as for trinidad, pretend he's Jerome from Martin, thats what i do

Dap

Post by Dap »

are u faggots really feeling this shit? or is this the next big internet joke i'm missing out on

this shit is fucking incredibly awful. just checked out the mixtape thinking some of the rapping would be better..but nope.

step one

Post by step one »

the whole thing with people claiming to like shit like this just so they dont seem out of touch/boring is getting ridiculous.

he looks like the kind of guy that would find traffic lights confusing
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Has Mindbinder had a nice thing to say about any rapper, besides Drake, who blew since '05? I can't think of a single one. You reek of envy and insecurity bro.
This is precisely why Mindbender should win the worst poster poll. He's unbearable in M2C.

Trinidad James does suck, though.

step one

Post by step one »

still amuses me that Bender constantly goes on about music with substance and integrity and then rides for the most lightweight faggot pop shit out there.

Dap

Post by Dap »

step one wrote:still amuses me that Bender constantly goes on about music with substance and integrity and then rides for the most lightweight faggot pop shit out there.

this.

never fucking understood that shit at all.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Dap wrote:
step one wrote:still amuses me that Bender constantly goes on about music with substance and integrity and then rides for the most lightweight faggot pop shit out there.

this.

:naswtf:

you mean, just because I don't mind listening to the Drake songs where he's RHYMING CLEVERLY, that I'm some kind of hip hop hippie hypocrite? LOLZINO and 108 :ironmike: s in Da Sauce.

I barely liked 'Take Care', looking back. After the first week, all I was really playing was 'We'll Be Fine' and 'Lord Knows' cause of the Just Blaze beat and one of the Rick Ross verses I enjoy listening to. Some of Drake's most embarrassing lyrics are on that song though and I was SO deflated by the Stevie Wonder song, I wanted Stevland vocals and got none. I still respect Drake immensely and I'm happy to say he's a friend. But I don't agree with everything he puts out. I don't listen to his singing songs.

Any other example of things you don't understand? Because my values and morals sound pretty damn clear to me. Holla

Noreaga wants his spot back :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

How fun is it that a guy like Trinidad James can tap for a month, poorly and without much effort, and get signed to the genres premier label, while mind bender sleeps in abandoned buildings when he visits NYC and has only found marginal regional success commercially. Smiles.

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Belizean James is that dude though.

Dap

Post by Dap »

Dap wrote:

this.

you mean, just because I don't mind listening to the Drake songs where he's RHYMING CLEVERLY, that I'm some kind of hip hop hippie hypocrite? LOLZINO and 108 :ironmike: s in Da Sauce.

I barely liked 'Take Care', looking back. After the first week, all I was really playing was 'We'll Be Fine' and 'Lord Knows' cause of the Just Blaze beat and one of the Rick Ross verses I enjoy listening to. Some of Drake's most embarrassing lyrics are on that song though and I was SO deflated by the Stevie Wonder song, I wanted Stevland vocals and got none. I still respect Drake immensely and I'm happy to say he's a friend. But I don't agree with everything he puts out. I don't listen to his singing songs.

Any other example of things you don't understand? Because my values and morals sound pretty damn clear to me. Holla

"Has Mindbinder had a nice thing to say about any rapper, besides Drake, who blew since '05? I can't think of a single one."

did you miss that post you dumb faggot? you just wasted 5 minutes of your life typing that FAGGOT ASS POST about drake.

your music sucks, you suck, and anyone who has ever genuinely defended your music sucks too.

the odd thing is, i don't know you, i dont want to hate you, but your TYPING ALONE makes me want to. it's all good though bro, you met *insert rapper* and i didn't so your life is OBVIOUSLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mine

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

blastmaster wrote:How fun is it that a guy like Trinidad James can tap for a month, poorly and without much effort, and get signed to the genres premier label, while mind bender sleeps in abandoned buildings when he visits NYC and has only found marginal regional success commercially. Smiles.
Can't front on the effortless effort. The DIY shit these days on the internet is a little fabricated. Pay off a few publicists/PR folks with the right connections and you can make the moves you want. Crazy how many of these kids you come across that you find out shell out a few grand to get out there.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Req

Post by Req »

Of course Mindbender doesnt fuck with any other rappers other than Drake who've blown since 05. Why fuck with anyone else when you're listening to the best?

smhz bros
F.U. MOOLAH

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

ardamus wrote:
blastmaster wrote:How fun is it that a guy like Trinidad James can tap for a month, poorly and without much effort, and get signed to the genres premier label, while mind bender sleeps in abandoned buildings when he visits NYC and has only found marginal regional success commercially. Smiles.
Can't front on the effortless effort. The DIY shit these days on the internet is a little fabricated. Pay off a few publicists/PR folks with the right connections and you can make the moves you want. Crazy how many of these kids you come across that you find out shell out a few grand to get out there.

i think this is oversimplified. i know plenty of kids paying for pub and twitter followers, even youtube views. if it ain't hot, it won't catch.

paying a publicist might get you a blog post on XXL, or Complex, or whatever...but there is about a 15 minute window of people giving a shit about that. if your song sucks, it's paying for a fart in the wind.

point is, people actually continued to talk about TJ because the song is a hit, which made it worth whatever money he spent.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Because a black man cooning, shucking and jiving and doing dumb shit to satisfy the masses will always sell more than someone trying to enlighten the world to the fact that they are all god's children simply being manipulated and controlled by their devilish egos.

I LITERALLY am bridging the worlds of Jesus Christ to the world of Jam Master Jay. "Commercial success" does not validate my words. I already won in life. I'm in heaven on earth and have been for many years. I'd rather be YOTMB than be a superstar MC who believes in Christianity, Capitalism, America, or any of the other atrocious systematically and psychologically genocidal lies that have been used to enslave the masses.

If I can't tell the world that "we're God's in Heaven" and still be signed to Def Jam... I wouldn't want to be on Def Jam.

I remember when you guys were dissing me for not having Tay Zonday's success. It's all good. I know some of y'all refuse to see my vision. It's okay, I'm not done, and neither is rap

keep on doubting. it only makes me stronger :ironmike:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Dap wrote:
Dap wrote:

this.

"Has Mindbinder had a nice thing to say about any rapper, besides Drake, who blew since '05? I can't think of a single one."

did you miss that post you dumb faggot? you just wasted 5 minutes of your life typing that FAGGOT ASS POST about drake.

your music sucks, you suck, and anyone who has ever genuinely defended your music sucks too.

the odd thing is, i don't know you, i dont want to hate you, but your TYPING ALONE makes me want to. it's all good though bro, you met *insert rapper* and i didn't so your life is OBVIOUSLY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mine

u mad bro? :rofl: jeeeez chill :rofl:

i love lots and lots of hip hop and always go out to concerts. anyone who knows YOTMB knows that. (last night i went to see Afrika Bambaataa, and bumped into DJ Maseo of De La Soul and DJ Kid Capri. They apparently like to chill in Toronto on a Friday night, just for fun. Had a good chat with Maseo :cheers: )

AS IF I'm some uber-hater like one of yall (even more :rofl: )

and i couldn't care less about how hard you feel now that you hate me

i dont like style biters, followers or clones. so i don't like anything that came out in the last 2 years, almost

besides that, i love hip hop like a religion that i worship daily

what's your purpose in life? :killacam:

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

I don't understand why someone would be entertained by him.

step one

Post by step one »

I LITERALLY am bridging the worlds of Jesus Christ to the world of Jam Master Jay
I'd almost forgotten what a complete fucking moron you are.

Dap

Post by Dap »

Dap wrote:
Dap wrote:

this.

u mad bro? :rofl: jeeeez chill :rofl:

i love lots and lots of hip hop and always go out to concerts. anyone who knows YOTMB knows that. (last night i went to see Afrika Bambaataa, and bumped into DJ Maseo of De La Soul and DJ Kid Capri. They apparently like to chill in Toronto on a Friday night, just for fun. Had a good chat with Maseo :cheers: )

AS IF I'm some uber-hater like one of yall (even more :rofl: )

and i couldn't care less about how hard you feel now that you hate me

i dont like style biters, followers or clones. so i don't like anything that came out in the last 2 years, almost

besides that, i love hip hop like a religion that i worship daily

what's your purpose in life? :killacam:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

intuition wrote:
ardamus wrote:

i think this is oversimplified. i know plenty of kids paying for pub and twitter followers, even youtube views. if it ain't hot, it won't catch.

paying a publicist might get you a blog post on XXL, or Complex, or whatever...but there is about a 15 minute window of people giving a shit about that. if your song sucks, it's paying for a fart in the wind.

point is, people actually continued to talk about TJ because the song is a hit, which made it worth whatever money he spent.

I did oversimplify it. My bad. I wasn't trying to include that whole demographic of buying fans on YouTube/Twitter/Facebook/etc. cluster. But as you know as well as I do, there are certain media outlets now in hip hop via online (and still print) that folks pick up on that get the buzz going. And paying publicist can give you a 15 minute window depending on how you handle it and who you go through. Some shit isn't hot enough for a buzz and gets popular and vice versa. Its a saying that I've heard from folks in the business: talent and luck are two things that you need.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Nope

PEACE

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

glad they made a video for this, it was one of the better joints. i woulda been cool with a video for team vacation too. i havent had much of an interest in listening to him on any features hes done since his tape dropped. but i still bump tonk for the money on the regular. such a great beat, and for some reason it reminds me of Supreeme

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

http://soundcloud.com/trinidad-jame/home-hating-on-me-prod-sonny-digital

digging this, mainly because Sonny Digital makes dope beats.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Makonnen is killing it

Sumthin_Funky

Post by Sumthin_Funky »

Damn that shit bangs.

jukeboxvandal

Post by jukeboxvandal »