the biting epidemic

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Re: the biting epidemic

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

step one wrote:I hate being reminded that J Cole has a Rap career
:lol:
even at his most experimental & high weezy is still way more about "bars" than thugga
true. he sounds like if wayne truly went off the deep end.

req dude i know it was hard to stay outta the droog thread. but the fact that so many out there bought into the conspiracy should tell you something. but you gotta see for yourself. so light one and listen to droog's EP with the vocals pitched up

you know you want this
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Versive wrote:As I've said earlier, I think Droog's current material is better than Nas's latest material. Others have echoed this and are rightfully mad about it.
100%
Req isn't gonna let us have this one no matter what though so might as well drop it.

Req

Post by Req »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:but the fact that so many out there bought into the conspiracy should tell you something.
that there's a shit load of people whose ears are about as useful as an arse on the elbow?
F.U. MOOLAH

Kace

Post by Kace »

Yeah basically it's like KRS-One said "You got to have style, and learn to be original".
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

bronson gives due reverence

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Kace wrote:Yeah basically it's like KRS-One said "You got to have style, and learn to be original".
another good point.

I simply always always ALWAYS refer to THE GOD RAKIM'S RULE: "No biting allowed." Period.

Busta Rhymes says in some article recently: "These kids nowadays all sound alike. Back in my time, we had a De La Soul. A Queen Latifah. A Tribe Called Quest. An E-40. A Dr. Dre. And everyone sounded different. It's all messed up now." Lil Wayne said something similar. Nas said basically the same shit too in an interview this summer.

We all know this and we've all said this. It's just time to fucking drill the point home until thousands of new school MCs who have debuted in the last few years ACTUALLY STOP FUCKING BITING DRAKE AND WAYNE AND JAY-Z AND WEEZY AND JEEZY AND T.I. AND WHOEVER ELSE IS RICH AND FAMOUS :fail:
step one wrote:I hate being reminded that J Cole has a Rap career

we actually agree on something :rofl: :cheers:

I MAJORLY :bunk: x :naswtf: as that song he did about Nas. Holy fuck was that ever LAAAAAME, word to Jay-Z.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

peanut butter

Post by peanut butter »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Busta Rhymes says in some article recently: "These kids nowadays all sound alike. Back in my time, we had a De La Soul. A Queen Latifah. A Tribe Called Quest. An E-40. A Dr. Dre. And everyone sounded different. It's all messed up now." Lil Wayne said something similar. Nas said basically the same shit too in an interview this summer.
No, they didn't say that.

PEACE

step one

Post by step one »

Trying to act like the biting thing is a modern phenomenon is ridiculous though. Pick a hot rapper from any era and you'll find at least 4 or 5 imitators who found varying degrees of success.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

step one wrote:Trying to act like the biting thing is a modern phenomenon is ridiculous though. Pick a hot rapper from any era and you'll find at least 4 or 5 imitators who found varying degrees of success.
:lock:
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

Wait this kid Droog is white? Couple people asked me about him. Supposedly there was an article about him in the Times today. Surprised based off the fact everyone was saying how much he sounds like Nas.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:When I first heard action bronson it was on RZA's chamber music joint featuring him & ghost. I heard the first verse and i'm like damn, ghost is a little off today. Then ghost starts rapping.

Since then I've kind of dismissed bronson. I will check for the odd joint. I liked the stuff with party supplies. But I even went so far as to miss a free show cause 'fuck it' (incidentally ghost & rae were performing 2hrs later, made it for that).

Now i'm in a crisis though. I like yung thug & droog even though they are biters of perhaps a higher caliber. I wish nas was still nasty & wayne was still rapping. These young dudes won't blow my mind with some real next shit, but i can slip into their music comfortably like an old pair of sneaks.

Can't a rapper fall off in peace anymore?? You miss a couple albums and then some young dude comes out sounding like you and scoops up your fanbase. Is this how kool moe dee felt?

I don't want to eat teriyaki wok with a bitch look like an ewok. I do want to save that hoe like danny glover. And... fuck it, i might just ride off into the sunset with bronsolinio...
And if the song you're talking about is Meteor Hammers, I think Ghost has the first verse and Bronson the second. And I think Bronsons is better, but whatever.

jukeboxvandal

Post by jukeboxvandal »

jukeboxvandal

Post by jukeboxvandal »

its 2014..

we are post biting..shit dont matter anymore like it usta.. the internet killed regional styles in rap just like it did to graffiti. ASAP raps like he grew up in houston instead of harlem.. shmurda makes chicago drill music. baltimore thugs rap like they are from baton rouge .. Nas is a white kid .. and ghostface is a fat chef.. and joe badass does his best Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka impression.

who fuckin cares anymore maaaaaaaaan

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Good post
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

jukeboxvandal wrote:its 2014..

we are post biting..shit dont matter anymore like it usta.. the internet killed regional styles in rap just like it did to graffiti. ASAP raps like he grew up in houston instead of harlem.. shmurda makes chicago drill music. baltimore thugs rap like they are from baton rouge .. Nas is a white kid .. and ghostface is a fat chef.. and joe badass does his best Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka impression.

who fuckin cares anymore maaaaaaaaan
:lock:

all that is really left now is your own personal stance on the matter, but in the big scheme of things that's been a wrap
NICE CAT!

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

most rap is :bunk: now

the fact that nobody has the integrity or balls or cunt to call out any of these fake fuck style biters, clones, wannabes and second-rate versions of real MCs is another reason rap sucks ass and nobody cares when anyone releases music anymore

too many motherfuckers ain't got no god damn integrity. fuck skills, promotion budget, connections, ambition, sex appeal, or internet presence: people will steal any sound to try and get a minute of fame and fortune. shit is disgusting, B.

looks like Ras Kass was right about "hip hop fags" :rofl:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Req

Post by Req »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: looks like Ras Kass was right about "hip hop fags" :rofl:
smh homophobia tho?

same love, bro
F.U. MOOLAH

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

1300 BC: Sin-leqi-unninni bites the epic of gilgamesh from an unknown series of scribes

1994: biting so little as an album cover can get you called a shark nigga on a commercially released album

2014: dudes are coming out sounding like dudes to the point heads think they are dudes and dudes don't say shit about it let alone on wax
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.