We should turn this forum back into a thread...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

The Ivy League Nigga

We should turn this forum back into a thread...

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

I am a fan of this sub-forum and am probably one of 4 or 5 posters who checks it out daily.

With that said, most of these threads Ardy starts aren't even getting five views. I think when it was in the M2C forum as a single thread it generated more views and more discussion. I for one would be more vocal if there was a more robust discussion when a new battle was posted.

Thoughts?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Re: We should turn this forum back into a thread...

Post by ardamus »

I've been busy as hell between dropping this new album. work, and my new girlfriend. So I haven't been able to do as much like I would like to lately.
I still keep up but I can't put in work with posting battles like I would like to.
Either way is fine with me. I don't know what's up with Thun but, I'm cool either way at this point.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Nah Ardy, you're cool. This is not about you (or Thun) as a mod. I just thought it might generate more discussion/interest/discussion if it was a thread in M2C again.

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

Yea, ardy you're a peach, but this will probably work better in a single thread context.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

i'm fine with it. just busy as fuck. i still watch this shit a grip when i'm in transit. just don't have the time right now to post them.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The idea was great but it's hard to do alone and with the little interest, it was always a battle (pun). I am not so thrilled with losing all of these threads though. The forum isn't hurting anyone and it does serve a purpose, it's just not appreciated or utilized the way it should. The keystyle days are long gone, but it doesn't mean there can't be an attempt to share writing with one another. If you want to do one gigantic thread in M2C, go for it. But sometimes one thread can be very overwhelming. A lot can get lost in the sauce too.

If you want to clean up this place a bit, by all means do so. But for now, I think it'll stay put. There are a few forums that can get consolidated if we're being honest.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:leon:

all good, man. thanks y'all.

Thun

Post by Thun »

One thread is a bad idea but posting every battle that happens as a poll isn't working either.

I think we can try starting threads that would lead to some debate/schooling.ike for example you could start a thread about hilariously one sided battles and have people post the ones they think fit that description. I'd be way more likely to check for battlers I've never heard of in such a thread than if they are just posted without context along with dozens of others. Thoughts?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Worth a shot. Agree, not a fan of one thread for this.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

If that's the case then, everyone has to do their part. I post these battles because they showcase the talent in different leagues. Best way to get some of you guys attention about certain battle rappers. Most times, people don't even give certain battle rappers the time of day with even a simple view. So that's why I was doing that. We can go back to posting in the league threads with the battles. Bigger battles get the main page.