7%
YG – My Krazy Life
8%

Total votes: 88

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Hip-Hop Album of the Year

Post by Employee »

J. Cole is one of the worst mainstream rappers living and recording music in 2014. His success is a tribute to all that is wrong in the world.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Philaflava wrote:People hate on J Cole because he looks like a guy who constantly calls fouls on the bball court.
I think they hate on him because he always looks like he is on the precipice of a good cry.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

It's not that bad...it's actually pretty good. fuifudisagre :megaman:

c.h.

Post by c.h. »

a-wax

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.syffal.com/favorite-albums-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2. ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron: A tour de force by any conceivable calculation; running the gamut from gallivanting in his glory on the proud, pumping paean "Hell of A Night" to barrel's and bottle's bottom in his Goliath, grinding confessional "Prescription/Oxymoron." A Swami Sweating Swag, ScHoolboy Q carves a colossal crease into California's fabled conurbation of Los Angeles. Not only does he bang out his bona fides, but he burnishes it by basking in a basket of boiling, bilious beats and luring one of Kurupt's superlative studio shots from the Living West Coast Legend. Oxymoron's mosaic is menacing and momumental; Q's pedigree is potent and placed alongside the day's prosaic Pop penchant, it is a rebuke of Ronnie Gardocki-screaming-at-Vic Mackey proportions. Instead of embracing the emblematic, lethargic, lithium-disguised-as-lightning-in-a-bottle major label boilerplate ScHoolboy Q oxygenated an opus that is sympathetic, psychotic, SWAG'd-The-Fuck-Out, and insanely ingenuous.
5. clipping. - CLPPNG: This tornado-of-a-ternion turned in what is surely the starkest, most startling scorcher in Hip Hop this year. Daveed Diggs dances inside of dutifully designed vignettes; vivisecting visages of vapid verses and replacing them with automatic-fire, nail-biting novellas. Each discordant yarn unraveling frantically like they were each isotopes from the future. Diggs' pulverizing plinth on his quantum quests consists of William Hutson and Jonathan Snipes; production panthers bearing a crushingly conjectural credo. "CLPPNG" continues in the West Coast's ambitious arc of unleashing alien and influential Hip Hop that doesn't bother bending the continuum; it patently shatters it so that the shards shred all suckers and sycophants.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

cool alliteration bro

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

:lol: it's like Dr Seuss' rejected Pitchfork writing samples
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

waxfase.

Post by 907 »

seagrams hotsauce wrote::lol: it's like Dr Seuss' rejected Pitchfork writing samples

:lol:

Is that shit supposed to be a joke?

Some of the worst writing I've ever seen online pertaining to rap, and that's saying quite a bit.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

907 wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote::lol: it's like Dr Seuss' rejected Pitchfork writing samples

:lol:

Is that shit supposed to be a joke?

Some of the worst writing I've ever seen online pertaining to rap, and that's saying quite a bit.
Knowing Emp on here for over a decade, I'm gonna have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was joking. Nobody in their right mind could type that garbage without a tongue planted firmly in their cheek (and a finger in a random dude's anus).
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

I found them both actually pretty good, well written, on point, and enjoyable reads.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

My critics and detractors (all the greats have them) should really start their own thread to discuss my expositions; don't derail a Year End thread to project your own weird envies and insecurities.

Actual Thread Title: "Hip-Hop Album of the Year."

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:My critics and detractors (all the greats have them) should really start their own thread to discuss my expositions; don't derail a Year End thread to project your own weird envies and insecurities.

Actual Thread Title: "Hip-Hop Album of the Year."
Did your message board posting style or your writing fall off first?

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

siLLy KiD wrote:I found them both actually pretty good, well written, on point, and enjoyable reads.
u wOulD
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

Grizzly Adams did have a beard

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

Voted for a Big K.R.I.T. I would have loved to to have seen Logic's "Under Pressure" on this list. Dude is a beast on the mic, and the production is impeccable. I have it on constant repeat.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

:rofl:
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

blueprint respect the architect

atmosphere southsiders

run the jewels 2

sage francis copper gone

step brothers

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

I have only listened to two of the albums: RTJ 2 & Oxymoron. Right now I am trying to get into the Freddie Gibbs & Madlib collab album, but it's just not working out. The production is somewhat repetitive and dull & I have never been a Freddie Gibbs fan. But I had similar reservations when I was trying to get into RTJ so I will wait until it sinks in before giving out my opinion.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;