Funkmaster Flex Had Another Fit

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Versive

Funkmaster Flex Had Another Fit

Post by Versive »

Truly epic. Starts around 8:50.

https://soundcloud.com/djfunkflexapp/funk-flex-life-times-rant-on-hot-97
But I get it though. [BOMB!] But let me be so clear [BOMB!]. 'Cause I read through everything in that email that was sent to me. [BOMB!] I don't care about your website, your website's trash, y'all can't move with me in this digital space. [BOMB!] Maybe if y'all copied everything I was doing with the app, that app would've did better, it wouldn't have crashed the day your album dropped! [BOMB!]

I CAN TALK LIKE THIS. 'Cause I don't need nobody to do nothing, and I peeped that whole movement this week. [BOMB!] I peeped the whole movement this week, it wasn't even on my radar. [BOMB!] Don't play with me, man. 'Hehehe'—don't play with me, man. DON'T PLAY WITH ME, MAN. Don't play with me. [BOMB!]

I'm a different animal, I show respect, I give respect, I'm neutral. [BOMB!] I didn't take no sides in that situation. [BOMB!] Play me like I'm stupid? [BOMB!] You're gon' see a different dude firing off on YOU. [BOMB!] ON YOU! [BOMB!] I let you live in this town. Don't think I can't ruin YOU. [BOMB!] 'Cause that's a nice feather in my cap IF I RUIN YOU! [BOMB!] TODAY WE BUMPING HEADS.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Re: Funkmaster Flex Had Another Fit

Post by thekeentwo »

break his fucking "bomb" finger please
for fucks sake

Versive

Post by Versive »

blasphemy

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

talked about this in the action bronson thread. basically jay-z crew doesn't give him the proper attention and hugs he needs to feel validated for being new yorks hottest. he sides with cam'ron and other foes and makes claims like action b is the greatest because he wants to be that guy. man is a better publicist than dj these days.

Versive

Post by Versive »

He has a button that he pushes to make a bomb sound, and in this case, he pushed it in between every sentence, sometimes between every few words. He's one of the biggest characters in the world. It's unreal and making the universe a better place regardless of content and reason.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

what could have taken 1.45 seconds to say, took 11 minutes because of his self-inflated ego and those buttons.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

true he is a blowhard at times, but i've come to respect Funkmaster Flex for the fact that he knows his position in New York Hip Hop, and likes to play it how he has always played it.

if he is telling the truth about Jay-Z's Life + Times intern interviewing him about his In Flex We Trust website & app, and then not putting that info in the Life + Times article, and using Funkmaster Flex's IFWT insights into Jay-Z's own failing website, then Funk Flex has every right to air Jay-Z the fuck out.

any of these guys who are multimillionaires and still insist on stealing ideas from the people under them? :bunk: call them the fuck out

still, his ego and big mouth will definitely turn people off his case, no matter if it has genuine merit and Jay-Z is in the wrong

Jay-Z backstabs people and blackballs them all the time. He just goes about it silently and conveniently forgets people exist anymore, he doesn't hysterically burn bridges publicly. Silent murder. word to :naswtf: and :killacam:

this should make NYC interesting for the next little while

rap is outta control
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

People still like jay-z?
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

People don't like the music Jay-Z's made since American Gangster, but people still like Jay-Z. Don't be that guy.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:People don't like the music Jay-Z's made since American Gangster, but people still like Jay-Z. Don't be that guy.
Obviously I'm joking. But Jay's never been a factor for me at all. I don't see anything special about the guy. He's made some great songs, no doubt. I own and like a couple of his albums. I just never understood all the hype about him. And then when he rode the coattails of a couple dead mcs and started talking about how he was the the new king of rap I really started to dislike the clown.

But props to him for banging Beyonce. No hatred here. Just a personal thing I guess. Carry on.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

you made it a hot idea, i made it a hot app

Post by 907 »

Philaflava wrote:you made it a hot idea, i made it a hot app

:lol:
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

My crew, well they do apps, them dudes' developers

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Really hope jay ignores this. Keep winning. Cam and Jimmy look like scrubs after that awful Victory freestyle, and I am the biggest dip fan ever.

Silly stuff.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cleanhobo wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:People don't like the music Jay-Z's made since American Gangster, but people still like Jay-Z. Don't be that guy.
Obviously I'm joking. But Jay's never been a factor for me at all. I don't see anything special about the guy. He's made some great songs, no doubt. I own and like a couple of his albums. I just never understood all the hype about him. And then when he rode the coattails of a couple dead mcs and started talking about how he was the the new king of rap I really started to dislike the clown.

But props to him for banging Beyonce. No hatred here. Just a personal thing I guess. Carry on.
Essentially, it comes down to "consistency". Not of quality of music, because I WISH Jay-Z was as consistent lyrically as he was around Blueprint/Black Album. He would REALLY be some kind of rap king. He's just a business king now, but yes, he's an icon that has done things for hip hop that shouldn't really be downplayed.

Yet at the same time, yes: he hasn't really done too much new, musically. Ever. His whole thing about "8 straight summers" is kinda the thing that put him where he is. Just consistently doing things until he could skate... on the rink inside his private plane. :bunny:

Nas was smoked out, fighting with Kelis, too complex and too introverted to play king of the people.
Cam'ron was too sociopathic and destructive to be king.
Prodigy got locked up.
Fabolous was always one step behind everyone.
Jadakiss was always two steps behind everyone.
Noreaga went apeshit and AWOL and did reggaeton.
Fat Joe stopped trying to be king when Big Pun died.
Busta Rhymes was never taken seriously enough.
so basically, that just left Jay-Z to be the leader of the new school.

he just kept putting out songs. just enough collaborations, cash grabs and cool ideas to keep himself afloat.

he did mediocre as Def Jam President, but he was a fucking Def Jam President.

then more music and Roc Nation and whatever whatever

next thing you know... look around... and nobody else is on Shawn Carter's level. :KANYESHRUG:

BUT CHECK A MOFO IF A MOFO NEEDS CHECKIN, FLEX. i like when celebrities get grimey and secrets-in-the-closet real widdit :mrcee:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

I think what actually happened was he put out a hit record every year for a decade-plus.

Not speaking direct to Bender specifically/exclusively but this whole thread needs to get a sense of humor.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Versive wrote:He has a button that he pushes to make a bomb sound, and in this case, he pushed it in between every sentence, sometimes between every few words. He's one of the biggest characters in the world. It's unreal and making the universe a better place regardless of content and reason.
X2

https://soundcloud.com/hannibalburess/funkflex-parody-by-hannibal

Jedisdope

Post by Jedisdope »

Larry2times wrote:
Versive wrote:He has a button that he pushes to make a bomb sound, and in this case, he pushed it in between every sentence, sometimes between every few words. He's one of the biggest characters in the world. It's unreal and making the universe a better place regardless of content and reason.
X2

https://soundcloud.com/hannibalburess/funkflex-parody-by-hannibal
incredible :bow: :bow: :bow:
http://www.jedirosenberg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@broodbabyjed

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I know I'm listening to New York hip hop on the radio when I hear that bomb drop tho... it's annoying but it's also comforting :mrcee:

I wouldn't be mad if Jay-Z's only reply to Flex was: "puh-pause" :rofl:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Image wrote:

:cheers:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:
Image wrote:

:cheers:
Funkmaster Flex threatens more on-air accusations after Jay Z allegedly tries to reach out to him multiple times via phone/text.

Apparently, Funkmaster Flex's feud with Jay Z isn't over, or hasn't even cooled down.

Taking to Instagram last night, the Hot 97 DJ didn't decide to let up his frustrations with Jay and his website. Flex posted a picture of a text HOVA allegedly sent him and threatened more on-air accusations via his radio show. The text read "This is HOV."

"Really? After calling private for hours you texting with CAPITAL letters????? This guy thinks it 1997 ????" Flex relayed in the post's caption. "Tomorrow 7pm I got this???? I see you need a tune up and lesson in respect!!!!!"
Jay-Z really doesn't sound like the coolest dude sometimes. Ego like :ohsh: long after some :naswtf: and :bunk:

Just, cut the bullshit, Shawn. What's really good

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

ETHER wrote:"In 2015 you are a commercial, corporate rapper that drops a little catchphrase every three months," Funk Flex says.

After threatening to take aim at the rapper a second time yesterday after his initial rant about Jay Z and Life + Times stealing his app idea was released on Thursday (January 15), Funk Flex returned to his radio show last night and blasted Jay for a text message he sent and his status as a "commercial, corporate rapper" in 2015.

"I did an interview for Life + Times whatever," he started, recapping the original rift. "I talked about the app or whatever. Yes, I feel like I was jacked but it was okay. He OG. Anything for the OG. I understand his personality, what it is. We good. We move on. App and everything came out. All I did was support and support it real big because it was a big accomplishment. Great for the movement. Yes, I go to the 40/40 club and security's always complaining when I play Dipset records. Is that petty? Yeah. Cornball move? Absolutely."

Referencing his own rant on Thursday, Flex went on to call out Jay Z for the way he reached out personally to try and reconcile the issue.

"I said my piece Thursday, I kind of left it alone after that," he said. "My phone is getting called private and I know 'cause whenever he does call me he calls me private. So it's cool, I'm alright with that. Makes sense. Then he texts me and spells his name in capital letters. Now, some people said, 'Hey, maybe it was the phone that automatically capitalized it or something.' You should have lowercased bruh. You should have redid that and lowercased it. Even though I have this respect, I have such respect, I'm not gonna let somebody try to handle me. For the simple fact, in 2015 bruh, I don't do the caps in the texts. I don't work for you. I'm not a worker. I want you to understand what my opinion is of this in 2015. In 2015, you are a commercial, corporate rapper that drops a little catchphrase every three months. There's nothing wrong with that, I think that's super dope. Don't talk to me funny in the text bro. I don't work for you. I'ma tell you why I am the only deejay, radio personality that can talk like this. You know why? For the simple fact, we not scared of you. This radio station doesn't need you or care. Actually, the whole company doesn't need you. You can't call the bosses like you do other things.

"I can have my opinion bruh because look, when you address a rapper, I'ma give you what you do: you wait for a hot song to come out, you jump on the remix, and then you throw a shot," Flex added. "Which I respect by the way. If you ever plan on taking a shot like that at me or any sublim, I will be on this radio every day going at you. I just want you to understand, just 'cause I'm talking a little lower bro, that's what it is."

Switching lanes, Flex called out Jay Z for not congratulating Roc Nation artist J. Cole on the recent commercial success of his new album.

"By the way, on another tip, why don't you sometime congratulate J. Cole on that 300,000 he shot out and stop acting like that album don't exist?" he said.

Wrapping up, the Hot 97 deejay offered, "Moral of the story bro, this is my city. You ain't above me bro: your talk game and your happy game and your dumb laugh. That laugh is disrespect and people he does it to you should take it as that too. That's some clown like—he's clowning you."

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Cam'ron :ohsh: "take shorty's advice and 'say my name' (Beyonce vocals in the background)"

Jim Jones gets some props for keeping Biggie's flow, but his content is iffy.

Kinda sad to see grown men still beefin over whatever whatever but :kanyeshrug:

Jay-Z's spot on the throne suffers from reasonable doubt

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Now, some people said, 'Hey, maybe it was the phone that automatically capitalized it or something.' You should have lowercased bruh.
your dumb laugh. That laugh is disrespect and people he does it to you should take it as that too.
:rofl:

jay is a cornball. imho beyonce outrapped him in 2014.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

yeah she did... except for his verse with Jay Elec over 'We Made It'. That was actually the best Jay-Z verse in 10 years. He also actually had the balls to swing at the throne and try to jostle King Aubrey Graham for telling the truth about Hov's Basquiat fetish in Rolling Stone :rofl:
"By the way, on another tip, why don't you sometime congratulate J. Cole on that 300,000 he shot out and stop acting like that album don't exist?"
:rofl: :copy: :rofl: :copy: :rofl:

it's funny BECAUSE IT'S TRUE :lol:

Hov stays cheap with his love

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i think something wrong with flex

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

taking about apps. "your website trash" capital letters. lol wtf this guy is on one so emotional

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i feel bad for flex but i'd be lying if i said i want him to stop this baiting

Thun

Post by Thun »

Wait people her stopped liking Jay's music a decade ago.... But like him as a person somehow? Are some of you literally fawking retarded?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

That victory freestyle is hot garbage