Re: Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

Post by hellriser »

i like action blue chips 1 , the rest is meh.... ghostface is better of course

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

unbelievable dickhead wrote:
pradadon wrote:
unbelievable dickhead wrote:exactly, he's black, which makes him 50% tougher and more dangerous. right?
Not at all, but I just always see Action throwing some skinny white kid off the stage and you know that gets him gassed up thinking he is tough. Yes, I know most of the kids bring it on themselves and it's like this corny little thing that seemingly takes place at all his shows. I get it, it's not the streets or whatever, I'm just saying. When you talk shit in this world, regardless of your race, you gotta know that there is a good chance you're gonna get checked, or someone is gonna try to check you at least. My whole point was its a different ballgame when a 6'1 dude comes at you ready to knock your head off instead of some little punk kid who waited all year to hop on the stage and let himself get thrown off.
i do get your point. just spidersense reacting to a (yes) racist tendency i've seen on this board (usually on white rapper thread) to equate white people with harmless and black people with dangerous.
I get what you're saying, but I think that attitude is less 'black people are scary' and more 'white rappers are not convincingly menacing'. I think most people recognize that making music is one of of the least intimidating professions in the world that one can choose, but affected bravado has long been a tradition in rap, and ultimately there are a million Machine Gun Kelly's for every, let's say, Stitches.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

For people saying Action Bronson hasn't made any good songs, I encourage you to listen to Dr. Lecter or Well-Done. Both good albums, particularly Well-Done.

Ghost is still miles ahead of him though. Haven't heard much of his new stuff to be honest. Last album I heard by him was Apollo Kids, and that was not up to par. People seem to have liked Twelve Reasons to Die though.
Last edited by aeokq on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

True Dough

Post by True Dough »

Philaflava wrote:^ you waited 7 years for that post?
Lol
I see how you guys do and stay out of it lol
I just don't think this Action shit has been cool at all
This is way too far now
There's no excuse for this
I'm no Wicked but fuck apologies for this guy
Somebody should check dude

Post by 907 »

12 Reasons to Die had some joints on it, pretty much every Ghost album still has one or two. Plus he had some decent verses on OBFCL 2, the Wu Massacre record, and all those other Rae led albums around that time. He's nowhere near what he used to be, but he's far from trash. I also don't get the hate Bulletproof Wallets gets, you add the two songs he couldn't get sample clearance for and I think it's a great album, third only to Ironman and SC.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

907 wrote:12 Reasons to Die had some joints on it, pretty much every Ghost album still has one or two. Plus he had some decent verses on OBFCL 2, the Wu Massacre record, and all those other Rae led albums around that time. He's nowhere near what he used to be, but he's far from trash. I also don't get the hate Bulletproof Wallets gets, you add the two songs he couldn't get sample clearance for and I think it's a great album, third only to Ironman and SC.
OBFLC2 and Wu Massacre were a while ago already tho. Ghost's sharp fall off was after that, imho. Bulletproof wallets is a good album, I didn't know people hated it...

Post by 907 »

I like a lot of Bronson's songs too though, and Ghost is in my all time top 3, so maybe I'm in the minority here.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

907 wrote: I also don't get the hate Bulletproof Wallets gets, you add the two songs he couldn't get sample clearance for and I think it's a great album, third only to Ironman and SC.
i dunno i remember at the time of its release everybody absolutely loving the album , even with the fucked up tracklist and missing songs

Ghosts new stuff is fire, 12 reasons 2 is very nice, the badbadnotgood collab is really nice, 36 seasons another dope concept album, APOLLO KIDS even if its more of a mixtape way better than most , everything he puts out is quality.

:wutang:

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Forgot that I own The Brown Tape, which is really dope (I'm admittedly a huge Apollo Brown fan). There was a cool storyline going on, seemed like the lyrics were there.

Ghost did indeed have some good verses on the Wu Massacre album.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

12 reasons to pop the disc
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Philaflava wrote:^ you waited 7 years for that post?
:rofl:

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:He is right, but Action Bronson needs to watch it as he's making some pretty fucking dull music too already.
I agree bronson's music hasn't been great lately either, he seems to want to be more of a celebrity than a rapper at this point. However, he hasn't been flat out embarrassing himself on a music level like ghost has.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But he's wandering in that territory. Also agree about him wanting to be a celebrity more than a rapper. I also think Run The Jewels is going that way too. Great YouTube content, increasingly dull music.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:He is right, but Action Bronson needs to watch it as he's making some pretty fucking dull music too already.
I agree bronson's music hasn't been great lately either, he seems to want to be more of a celebrity than a rapper at this point. However, he hasn't been flat out embarrassing himself on a music level like ghost has.
He's paying bills. Whatever.

36 Chambers
Wu-Forever
OB4CL 1+2
Supreme Clientele
Ironman
Pretty Toney
Fishscale

lol, that legacy is fine

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But he's wandering in that territory. Also agree about him wanting to be a celebrity more than a rapper. I also think Run The Jewels is going that way too. Great YouTube content, increasingly dull music.
The fuck?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Post by 907 »

Bulletproof Wallets > Pretty Toney, IMO. The Missy song on that album was wack as fuck, and the rest is just kind of forgettable. I'd take Fishscale over it as well.

Did anyone else ever listen to the Theodore Unit album? It was surprisingly good and has some fire Ghost verses on it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I thought Trife was dope as well.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^i member bumping t-unit pretty hard but looking at the tracklist is not ringing any bells. one way to find out.
seagrams hotsauce wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:I also think Run The Jewels is going that way too. Great YouTube content, increasingly dull music.
The fuck?
their second album is better imo
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

907 wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I thought Trife was dope as well.
Superb > Trife

Doogs

Post by Doogs »

907 wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I thought Trife was dope as well.
Superb > Trife
:fail: I have to agree

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

seagrams hotsauce wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:
The fuck?
I like them a lot but I thought that album was boring, personally. I'm also not interested in their Podcast for Apple or an album made of cat noises. That, to me, is dull.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Employer

Post by Employer »

Last edited by Employer on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

best GFK track in years? Shit is up there with Holla.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

lol... this whole thing seems staged at this point

Versive

Post by Versive »

Philaflava wrote:best GFK track in years? Shit is up there with Holla.
Ripped audio: http://mfi.re/listen/2r2v17b5yl4iwqh/GH ... RONSON.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

amazing

"this nigga done deleted the tweets... so you playin with me"

Versive

Post by Versive »

If there's a heaven, Sam Kellerman is up there enjoying all this more than anyone in the universe.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

You need to learn how to watch your mouth. I guess you ain't never been taught that cause you ain't no real nigga. Walking around the club with no shoes on :lol: with a big ass beard that one day I might set on fire :lol: just for sayin my name, b

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

if bronson doesn't fire back he's over imo
1. Nas
2. Drake

Versive

Post by Versive »

he fired back an apology.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Why? I think he accomplished what he set out to do. Put a fire under ghosts ass. The consensus on this board and nearly everywhere is that he's been dull and playing it safe since fish scale.

Bronson has obvious influences from that era and rapped nearly in homage to it until blue chips.

At this point it's almost prerequisite to just do throwaway songs to keep at the front of mass attention. It wouldn't surprise me to have a convo with Bronson where he reveals he doesn't give a shit about blue chips 3. I would imagine he'd prefer to be able to rap with hologram and mayhem all the time and I think this was only a way he could inject Somme fuel in that east coast style.