Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Versive

Re: Action Bronson FIRES SHOTS @ Ghostface Killah

Post by Versive »

chapter thrive wrote:The consensus on this board and nearly everywhere is that he's been dull and playing it safe since fish scale.
I don't agree with this consensus at all, but even if you're not into the more recent stuff, let's not forget Big Doe Rehab.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Fire back? He's on Twitter apologizing like a madman.

I like Action, always have. However, in this case he needed to get checked.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

His team told him take the L quick. As popular as he is, there is no winning when you're dealing with a Wu-Tang following.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Plus he don't got the power to fuck with Ghost and his goons. Bottom line, he don't want any problems with these dudes, and it's understandable. Last thing he needs is to get his ass beat by some fuckin dirty goon looking to score points with Ghost.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

good thing the shooters will do it for nothin. otherwise ghost would have to finance the hit with another album release.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Action got sonned by Ghost now being called Guerilla White on social media.....

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Versive wrote:
chapter thrive wrote:The consensus on this board and nearly everywhere is that he's been dull and playing it safe since fish scale.
I don't agree with this consensus at all, but even if you're not into the more recent stuff, let's not forget the sole redeeming track off Big Doe Rehab, yolanda's house, which featured two other rappers.

imo he's not playing it safe, he's just playing

ps. bronson never seen no action imo #SOFTBATCH #CUDDLYBEAR #REDHEADMONDAYS
1. Nas
2. Drake

Versive

Post by Versive »

So many not-at-all veiled death threats in that video.

:lol:

Versive

Post by Versive »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Versive wrote:
I don't agree with this consensus at all, but even if you're not into the more recent stuff, let's not forget the sole redeeming track off Big Doe Rehab, yolanda's house, which featured two other rappers.
nah, you buggin
Shakey Dog was undeniable

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^classic joint but it's on fishscale
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

Picked up Big Doe a few years after it dropped and its actually ok. At the time it dropped I think I'd just heard too much of Ghost doing what he does but when you've had a break from it and need an alternative to Supreme Clientele, etc some GFK you havent heard before is always good. He's definitely been phoning it in recently abut even his sub par joints are better than most.

He hasnt done anything as cringeworthy and terrible as this at least

ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

big doe was a fun album with some strong tracks that nerds shitted on because it had too many familiar samples
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

step one

Post by step one »

drizzle wrote:big doe was a fun album with some strong tracks that nerds shitted on because it had too many familiar samples
Walk Around
Supa GFK
Yolandas House
Tony Sigel
Rec Room Therapy

are all decent
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

blown out of proportion much like most stuff on the net is today

someone above nailed it and said bronson fired off willy nilly cuz hes probably tired of the comparisons, moreso than anything he feels about ghost.

and most messageboard discussions of the last 3-5 years would say the same shit bronson said, if not worse.

ghost shoulda put a reply on a ill beat and fired that shot onto the net, aint that rap?

but had this all not happened, would we be talkin about ghost at all today? :killacam:

id love to hear a reinvigorated, battle ready ghost, and id love to hear big body bes shit talking about this situation

not watching ghost do his 'j. prince talking to diddy' impression on youtube tho, holler when some new music comes out bruv

and since action already apologized and is getting back to stacking his ancilliary market paper bundles, why is this still a thing

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

losts of washed up rappers tho now taking shots at Bronson mainly cuz of jealousy. :omgracist:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Versive wrote:
I don't agree with this consensus at all, but even if you're not into the more recent stuff, let's not forget Big Doe Rehab.
What about it don't you agree with? I asked neuro to do it, but he couldn't do it, so now imma ask you...

Post recent ghost songs you feel are legit...

#PUTUPORSHUTUP

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

pradadon wrote:Fire back? He's on Twitter apologizing like a madman.

I like Action, always have. However, in this case he needed to get checked.
I like action too, I even like his pseudo-celebrity persona outside music, but he clearly went too far with this shit.

Ghost's response was entertaining, but it still doesn't erase the fact that his music has been a joke lately...

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Piff Tannen wrote:blown out of proportion much like most stuff on the net is today

someone above nailed it and said bronson fired off willy nilly cuz hes probably tired of the comparisons, moreso than anything he feels about ghost.

and most messageboard discussions of the last 3-5 years would say the same shit bronson said, if not worse.

ghost shoulda put a reply on a ill beat and fired that shot onto the net, aint that rap?

but had this all not happened, would we be talkin about ghost at all today? :killacam:

id love to hear a reinvigorated, battle ready ghost, and id love to hear big body bes shit talking about this situation

not watching ghost do his 'j. prince talking to diddy' impression on youtube tho, holler when some new music comes out bruv

and since action already apologized and is getting back to stacking his ancilliary market paper bundles, why is this still a thing
It's def blown out of proportion, and it's true bronson said that shit out of frustration more than malice, but ghost responded accordingly. He couldn't let that shit slide.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

ADR

Post by ADR »

Philaflava wrote:His team told him take the L quick. As popular as he is, there is no winning when you're dealing with a Wu-Tang following.
Or. for that matter, a 350 pound Wu-Tang weed-carrier:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:good thing the shooters will do it for nothin. otherwise ghost would have to finance the hit with another album release.
:lol: :lol:

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

"Stephen A Skip" :lol:

LOL @ ghost lumping Wizard of Poetry in with SC, Ironman, and BW. I love that he wanted to do that album so bad that it's still on the shortlist of his personal highlights.

I had my phone on shuffle the other day and it played Brand New Car and Cherchez La Ghost back to back and made me realize what a placeholder Bronson has been to me. He's solid, but there's a detachment in his music that makes it impossible to really connect to the way Ghostface does. Ghost isn't spilling his life story out on every record, but when he's not completely bored (almost everything post BDR imho) he comes across as way more personal than anything Bronson has ever done. AB is a good rapper but his shit is pretty sterile.

Y@k Bollocks wrote:
seagrams hotsauce wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Y@k Bollocks wrote:He is right, but Action Bronson needs to watch it as he's making some pretty fucking dull music too already.
I agree bronson's music hasn't been great lately either, he seems to want to be more of a celebrity than a rapper at this point. However, he hasn't been flat out embarrassing himself on a music level like ghost has.
Oh yeah, I totally agree. But he's wandering in that territory. Also agree about him wanting to be a celebrity more than a rapper. I also think Run The Jewels is going that way too. Great YouTube content, increasingly dull music.
The fuck?
I like them a lot but I thought that album was boring, personally. I'm also not interested in their Podcast for Apple or an album made of cat noises. That, to me, is dull.
I feel you, and you probably realize in the minority on thinking the second album sucks, but they only have two albums+two loose tracks. Calling their music 'increasingly dull' implies there's some kind of decline, but there's only two points on that graph. I will play defense force and say that the WRTJ playlists are pretty cool though. Getting to hear the music that's influenced these dudes output, especially El-Ps production, is a pretty cool insight if you're a rap nerd.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Post by 907 »

I'd pay at least a bill for a Big Body Bess vs. Shawn Wigs battle, and twice that for a fight between the two.

Ghost > Bronson, but Bess > any current Wu weed carrier.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

This is Ghost at his finest. He needs to pick a quotable off this and make it a mixtape. "I want you to have a good summer, you know, a lot of people don't make it thru the summer." Mixtape. Bam. Sold.

Versive

Post by Versive »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^classic joint but it's on fishscale
Wasn't the sequel to it on Big Doe Rehab with basically the same title?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Ghostface Killah Rejects Action Bronson’s Apology In No Uncertain Terms
“First of all you little fat fuck, who gives you the right to even mention my name out your motherfucking mouth,” Ghost says in the video. “Boy you done made a mistake boy. You done fucked up. Because listen man, you could never fuck with my pen, my nigga. My sword, my blade, whatever you want to call it, I’m too nasty for you. This is why the fuck you look up to me, and sound like me.”

Versive

Post by Versive »

Employee wrote:Ghostface Killah Rejects Action Bronson’s Apology In No Uncertain Terms
“First of all you little fat fuck, who gives you the right to even mention my name out your motherfucking mouth,” Ghost says in the video. “Boy you done made a mistake boy. You done fucked up. Because listen man, you could never fuck with my pen, my nigga. My sword, my blade, whatever you want to call it, I’m too nasty for you. This is why the fuck you look up to me, and sound like me.”

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Big Doe Rehab is dope. So is Theodore Unit - 718.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

907 wrote:I'd pay at least a bill for a Big Body Bess vs. Shawn Wigs battle, and twice that for a fight between the two.

Ghost > Bronson, but Bess > any current Wu weed carrier.
I wonder if Bes is as tough as he makes himself out to be. I'm sure he is tough dude but the way he makes it seem is as if nobody can fuck with him. I read an interview with him on Complex a while back and dude was talking crazy. Maybe he is that thorough.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

ADR wrote:
Philaflava wrote:His team told him take the L quick. As popular as he is, there is no winning when you're dealing with a Wu-Tang following.
Or. for that matter, a 350 pound Wu-Tang weed-carrier:

Ain't nobody scared of no wutang clan. Are you fucking joking???? Bronson's decision to backpeddle was purely economical.