Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Escobar305

Re: Dr Dre "Compton" album? aug 7th

Post by Escobar305 »

wow, this sounds great. can't wait to bang this in the whip

None

Post by None »

This is better than it has any right to be given how lackluster Dre's loosie production has been in recent years. That said, it is very good and I ain't mad at it.

step one

Post by step one »

Escobar305 wrote:wow, this sounds great. can't wait to bang this in the whip
Only another 2 years til you pass your driving test right?
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I spoke with DJ Premier for Complex about making "Animals," working with Dre as well as that alleged Nas/DJ Premier album that's supposedly been in the works - http://www.complex.com/music/2015/08/dj ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

What's the likelihood of Eminem ghostwriting the "one shot one kill" verses?

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

sleazy_j wrote:What's the likelihood of Eminem ghostwriting the "one shot one kill" verses?
thought the same thing.

i need to listen to the record a few more times. the one really sticking out to me is "Animals." first impression is: adult contemporary rap. kendrick era is definitely my least favorite dre era writing-wise. i like when people get dre to sound smooth and get the bass in his voice booming, not lyrically lyrical weird voices.

i don't know if i'll be returning to any of these songs for years to come like i do with "let me ride" or "xxxplosive" or "i just wanna fuck you" or "nuthin but a g thang" but time will tell.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

I just grabbed the "iTunes plus" torrent copy of this and although it sounds better than the leak version that was full of bitrate drops, this newer version is full of badly mixed vocals on the rap verses. Every time I hear a word with an "s" in it, it overpowers the entire song. Pop filter, anyone? Strange thing is non-rapping vocal tracks like Jill Scott, DJ Premier, Dem Jointz all have great sounding vocal mixes on their parts.

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

What the fuck is this shit. :fail:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

need to really get this into the whip, for that is the truest test
moved by duck muscles

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

sleazy_j wrote:I just grabbed the "iTunes plus" torrent copy of this and although it sounds better than the leak version that was full of bitrate drops, this newer version is full of badly mixed vocals on the rap verses. Every time I hear a word with an "s" in it, it overpowers the entire song. Pop filter, anyone? Strange thing is non-rapping vocal tracks like Jill Scott, DJ Premier, Dem Jointz all have great sounding vocal mixes on their parts.
it's "sibilant." i noticed that for sure, a lot of esses were painful in the mix. i was surprised listening to the stream yesterday because i thought the record sounded kinda tinny (heavy on the high end) overall.

dre's older records were industry standards in mixing and mastering, but sound quality-wise this hasn't blown me away.

perlman

Post by perlman »

This sounds like tranny music.
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Beats knock

Deep water is dope
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

vinylfiend

Post by vinylfiend »

my diary is my favorite track so far, it sounds like the most orignial DRE sound.

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

Can someone plz pm me a link to the mp3s. My comp is busted and I can't get itunes to work on my android. I literally went to best buy to buy it today and it's ONLY on apple. :-/
Moolah wrote:
Smithee wrote:I'd like to personally thank Andrew Bogut.
:cheers:

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

this shit sucks. couple of ok songs...but hearing dre do his kendrick impression is laughable. This should've got the detox treatment.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tomdervan

Post by tomdervan »

the dead poet wrote:this shit sucks. couple of ok songs...but hearing dre do his kendrick impression is laughable. This should've got the detox treatment.

That's crazy... i've heard only good things from friends. But I haven't been able to peep it yet

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

its a bangin album, but ive noticed only a couple songs actually have the Dre feel to it, ill listen more and let it marinate, but im kind of letdown because i was expecting some present day OG westcoast type shit, that layed back funk ooze , kendricks albums feel more in line with that style.

snoops verse i will say was a fucking aggressive flow , and dope as fuck, i havent heard snoop in that mode for awhile

ill give it some more spins, but yeah, chronic and 2001 have the definitive dr dre style, this does not.

jamrage

Post by jamrage »

I thought this was pretty boring and uninspired. Sounds like everything else that's out right now, definitely doesn't have that California vibe like the previous two albums which is hilarious given that it's called Compton.
[i]Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.[/i]

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

intuition wrote:
sleazy_j wrote:I just grabbed the "iTunes plus" torrent copy of this and although it sounds better than the leak version that was full of bitrate drops, this newer version is full of badly mixed vocals on the rap verses. Every time I hear a word with an "s" in it, it overpowers the entire song. Pop filter, anyone? Strange thing is non-rapping vocal tracks like Jill Scott, DJ Premier, Dem Jointz all have great sounding vocal mixes on their parts.
it's "sibilant." i noticed that for sure, a lot of esses were painful in the mix. i was surprised listening to the stream yesterday because i thought the record sounded kinda tinny (heavy on the high end) overall.

dre's older records were industry standards in mixing and mastering, but sound quality-wise this hasn't blown me away.

that's because the album was mixed with/to sound good on Beats, which are absolute garbage-mouth dogs masquerading as headphones.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

great album for the car. i really have no complaints about the production but the rapping is pretty whatever. genocide might be the best track.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

tomdervan wrote:That's crazy... i've heard only good things from friends. But I haven't been able to peep it yet
yo when you get to peep, get it in the whip asap. get it in the whip, get it wet, for that is the true test
moved by duck muscles

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

vinylfiend wrote:my diary is my favorite track so far, it sounds like the most orignial DRE sound.
word, noticed this too.

@neuro imo kendrick's album had more of a straight funk sound than a g-funk sound

all in all this is probably more comparable to dre pesents aftermath than the chronic series
1. Nas
2. Drake

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

always found it weird/amusing that most of the rappers on that aftermath comp i never heard of before or after. (besides the obvious east coast west coast killaz lineup)

though i still bump that king t track off that album every now and then.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

hi king mez, bye king mez
1. Nas
2. Drake

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

sleazy_j wrote:always found it weird/amusing that most of the rappers on that aftermath comp i never heard of before or after. (besides the obvious east coast west coast killaz lineup)

how fucking terrible was that album? It had a track called "LAW Lyrical Assault Weapon." LYRICAL ASSAULT WEAPON. It's like the name of some shitty rapper posting lyrics on UGHH.

that album was so bad the best song on it got remixed and infinitely improved by a bunch of Death Row also-rans.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

listened to it 3 times. will throw "Animals" into my ongoing playlist, will more than likely not return to listen to the rest again.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

I don't have a Mac or PC and I can't find this anywhere online (I also don't know where to look these days). Somebody want to do me a favor and PM it to me?

Post by 907 »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
sleazy_j wrote:always found it weird/amusing that most of the rappers on that aftermath comp i never heard of before or after. (besides the obvious east coast west coast killaz lineup)

how fucking terrible was that album? It had a track called "LAW Lyrical Assault Weapon." LYRICAL ASSAULT WEAPON. It's like the name of some shitty rapper posting lyrics on UGHH.

that album was so bad the best song on it got remixed and infinitely improved by a bunch of Death Row also-rans.

No way that was the best song on that album. RBX >

hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Kid That's Lifeless wrote:I don't have a Mac or PC and I can't find this anywhere online (I also don't know where to look these days). Somebody want to do me a favor and PM it to me?
Go to
search.twitter.com
Type in "Compton download"
Hit enter.

Personally I downloaded the torrent on an android phone.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Here is a popular site that pretty much has everything when it drops.

http://gangstaraptalk.com/category/new-albums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;