9%
Aesop Rock
9%

Total votes: 43

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Re: Pick your favorite rapper

Post by Blockhead »

A word to describe Wicked's taste in rap might be "rigid". Pause.

Versive

Post by Versive »

WiCkEd22 wrote:I'm sorry, but that list is gay as fuck!! [1]

Gaysop [2] & Open Mike are both corny as fuck [3]. Drake is the biggest fuckin fgt [4]. Young Thug = L-O-TO-THE-FUCKIN-L [5]!! KA and his lame whispering raps [6] over drumless "beats" is fuckin retarded [7]!! And no thanks to the moron known as ScHoolboy Q [8]. Kendra [9] Lamar is OK for a Mainstream Rapper [10] but still, no thanks... his alien voice is pretty fuckin annoying [11].

I picked Your Old Droog [12]. Roc Marciano is cool, but I liked him a lot more a few years ago and early in his career [13]. *shrugs*
[1] Don't like them; unfavorable; not good; very bad.
[2] Reference to a diss by rapper Esoteric.
[3] Weird; like Anticon not Kool Keith; would've been picked on in school.
[4] The worst; very, very bad; more of a singer than a rapper.
[5] Laughable; shouldn't be in the discussion; this is how the kids speak nowadays, but fuck the kids for listening to this idiot.
[6] Too effeminate for hip-hop.
[7] Sounds more like spoken word than boom-bap; not hip-hop; see above.
[8] Irony.
[9] Girl's name; see 6-8.
[10] Not as bad as Drake or Young Thug, but also not good.
[11] See 3.
[12] Because Beneficience wasn't on the list.
[13] Before he started using less drums; see 6-7.

Versive

Post by Versive »

Voted Roc but would change that.

Spekt
Roc
Aesop
Ka
OME
Kendrick
Droog
Drake
Q
Thugga

step one

Post by step one »

Roc has a few tunes I really like but I cant listen to him for the length of an album. Same with Ka. They get a bit samey. I'd probably have loved that shit when I was 15 though.

I've never heard anything by Mark Spekt, Young Thug (got a rough idea of what he sounds like and know that its not for me), Open Mike Eagle or Aesop Rock. Maybe one or two tracks by Schoolboy Q but nothing memorable. Drake is obviously horrific and possibly one of the most boring artists ever. Still can't understand why he's so popular with grown men.

Droog got some decent beats, a bit of variety in his tracks, a sense of humour and clever punchlines without being corny.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

step one wrote:Drake is obviously horrific and possibly one of the most boring artists ever. Still can't understand why he's so popular with grown men.
did u like hov in the late 90s?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Versive

Post by Versive »

step one wrote:I've never heard anything by Mark Spekt
Not to be a dick, just letting you know in case you look him up, it's MarQ Spekt. I highly recommend you listen to MacheteVision, The Unveiling (album he did with Karneige as Invizzibl Men), JusPlayWitIt and KeepPlayin (albums he did with Blockhead).

You can also check this thread: http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

honestly as much as I like him Spekt shouldn't be in this list. Definitely not popular enough to be here and his lane is nothing like these dudes. He's more of an Mc's Mc.

As far as list i'd probably go Roc marci but as someone said there's been a pretty substantial fall from Reloaded.

Droog is very overrated and thats my unpopular opinion. Other than riding off the strength of maybe being Nas, it's pretty telling that as soon as people found out he wasn't Nas the interest in him dropped significantly.

NY has to get an identity. It's either sound like someone else from another region or try to sound like the 90's. Need something new, new.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Sebastion Shaw wrote:Need something new, new.

1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
step one wrote:Drake is obviously horrific and possibly one of the most boring artists ever. Still can't understand why he's so popular with grown men.
Yes. Alot. I really hope you aren't retarded enough to think there's any sort of similarity between late 90s Jay Z and Drake though.

step one

Post by step one »

Versive wrote:
Not to be a dick, just letting you know in case you look him up, it's MarQ Spekt. I highly recommend you listen to MacheteVision, The Unveiling (album he did with Karneige as Invizzibl Men), JusPlayWitIt and KeepPlayin (albums he did with Blockhead).

You can also check this thread: http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks but my interest in new rappers decreases year on year. I'm 38 and will probably have stopped giving a fuck altogether by the time I'm 40. I'll probably never be bored enough to listen to him.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

step one wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Yes. Alot. I really hope you aren't retarded enough to think there's any sort of similarity between late 90s Jay Z and Drake though.
combat jack & AZ seemed to think so in that interview u posted
1. Nas
2. Drake

step one

Post by step one »

They're talking about in terms of current commercial impact. In terms of talent and ability there's no comparison. He's got 1 vote in this poll ffs. If you want to gush over Drake there's a thread for that.

Versive

Post by Versive »

step one wrote:
Versive wrote:

Thanks but my interest in new rappers decreases year on year. I'm 38 and will probably have stopped giving a fuck altogether by the time I'm 40. I'll probably never be bored enough to listen to him.
In the time you spent posting in this thread, you could've listened to at least a few of his songs. This is all very strange.

step one

Post by step one »

I'm not a fan of listening to shit on my phone. It never does it justice. Also, the 4 line post took 20 seconds max and i'm really not interested anyway

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

step one wrote:They're talking about in terms of current commercial impact. In terms of talent and ability there's no comparison. He's got 1 vote in this poll ffs. If you want to gush over Drake there's a thread for that.
no, they specifically address both topics. they say how diddy had the business side locked but "he never sounded sharp". that is respect for the craft, albeit maybe not the writing side.
1. Nas
2. Drake

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

step one wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Did u like hov in the late 90s?
Wow, what a fuckin moron comparing late 90s Jay-Z to the R&B singing Rapper Drake. ZERO comparison. And who gives a fuck what Combat Jack thinks. His taste is HORRIBLE!! He's a fuckin try hard talkin about all these new current Trap Music fuckbois. He probably likes Lil Yachty, Young Dolphin and Lil Suzie Squirt too. smfh

I really still to this day don't get how the fuck people consider Drake HipHop.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:lol: @ Lil Suzie Squirt

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Spartan wrote: :lol: @ Lil Suzie Squirt
My man Clockworx over @ UGHH coined that term... :boobeyes:

step one

Post by step one »

Spartan wrote::lol: @ Lil Suzie Squirt
Just assumed this was the legit name of a new rapper tbh.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

AZ says drake is the new hov. real question: you fuck with "always be my sunshine" ? "i know what girls like" ? to us these are not the tracks that define hov but if he kept dropping RD type albums he never woulda took over
6GOD wrote:i used to wanna get signed to roc then i turned into jay
1. Nas
2. Drake