Eminem: 'Revival'

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Eminem: 'Revival'

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

http://rgf.is/albums/51907-eminem-revival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:fail:

it's so, so, cheesy. Marshall has lost touch with Eminem. He's a parody of himself now.

People say Nas used to pick shitty beats? EMINEM has yoinked that crown off and firmly drilled it onto his confused cranium. Oh Rakim, why can't have nice things like a 2-bar loop of a throwaway Dr. Dre beat from 2005? 'Crack A Bottle' is a piece of shit beat, but it's levels of excrement above THESE sonic abominations.

:bunk: beats, :naswtf: rhymes, :mrcee: life.

:shittylikesometp:

'Framed' is track 12, and was the first song kinda creative. 'Untouchable' is a well-meaning song, but why isn't that beat actually epic or impressive? Who makes these skin-searingly mediocre plastic pop soundscapes for Marshall to blather his mid-life existential angst upon? 'Offended' is okay. 'Castle' is okay. 'Arose' is the best beat on the album, and a nice sentiment. But he totally doesn't know what to rap about anymore. I'm not going to want to listen to MOST of this in 48 hours. 'Revival' is dead on arrival.

Rap is outta control. :kanye:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Re: Eminem's 'Revival' leaked

Post by step one »

lol at anyone bothering to listen to this. Of course it's shit, it's an Eminem album.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

tehgiftofgab

Re: Eminem: 'Revival'

Post by tehgiftofgab »

worst thing that happened to Em was he got hooked on current battle rap. current scene consists of long verses, acapella, well thought out punches. Em tries to rap like that now but the problem is that only works in that setting. It doesn't work on record. That's why all his beats at this point are almost non existent. They are as close to acapella songs as they can be. This shows he forgot how to flow on a beat or write a hook because he's stuck in that style which leads to pretty much no replay value.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

tehgiftofgab wrote:worst thing that happened to Em was he got hooked on current battle rap. current scene consists of long verses, acapella, well thought out punches. Em tries to rap like that now but the problem is that only works in that setting. It doesn't work on record. That's why all his beats at this point are almost non existent. They are as close to acapella songs as they can be. This shows he forgot how to flow on a beat or write a hook because he's stuck in that style which leads to pretty much no replay value.
I totally agree 100%. Eminem has sounded like a dude that watches Dizaster obsessively, and tries to make song versions of Dizaster verses far too often now. Marshall doesn't leave his mansion, he just watches rap battles and thinks he's keeping up to the culture. Nah, bruv.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

who he make this shit if proof was still alive?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
tehgiftofgab wrote:worst thing that happened to Em was he got hooked on current battle rap. current scene consists of long verses, acapella, well thought out punches. Em tries to rap like that now but the problem is that only works in that setting. It doesn't work on record. That's why all his beats at this point are almost non existent. They are as close to acapella songs as they can be. This shows he forgot how to flow on a beat or write a hook because he's stuck in that style which leads to pretty much no replay value.
I totally agree 100%. Eminem has sounded like a dude that watches Dizaster obsessively, and tries to make song versions of Dizaster verses far too often now. Marshall doesn't leave his mansion, he just watches rap battles and thinks he's keeping up to the culture. Nah, bruv.
:ohhh:

his wackness all makes sense now. frustrating is the odd time he records a real song it's pretty dope.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Monotonous

Post by Monotonous »

You guys nailed it on the head.

His flow is like the BET cypher with Royce in the auditorium. Except kinda sorta half assed over a beat.

It worked well in the Acapella cypher. It doesn't work well as music.

step one

Post by step one »

His problem isn't watching rap battles . It's a horrible taste in beats, terrible awful really fucking bad concepts and choruses and general lack of awareness that everything he's done in the last 10-15 years (depending on your tolerance) is very very shit.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I can't fathom how anyone could stomach to even attempt to listen to Eminem in 2017

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

The comments in here could easily apply to Em's last album, which was what, 4 years ago? And he's been noticeably wack since the album before that, save a couple tracks.

Rap is not something anyone should do after the age of 35...unless you're Fat Joe or Lil Fame.

Not Nas, not Jay, not 50, not anybody from our era. Even Biggie would've jumped shark by now.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

bad would be an upgrade. this is the worst album i've heard since ralph dog.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:The comments in here could easily apply to Em's last album, which was what, 4 years ago? And he's been noticeably wack since the album before that, save a couple tracks.

Rap is not something anyone should do after the age of 35...unless you're Fat Joe or Lil Fame.

Not Nas, not Jay, not 50, not anybody from our era. Even Biggie would've jumped shark by now.
:roll:
It's not 1995 anymore.

Rap is an artform. Artists create FOR LIFE. Expand your little brain.

Hip hop is still growing around the world. There's sooooo much more possible in the future of rap.

Too bad Eminem won't be a part of the evolution. He used to be on the cutting edge. :bunk: :fail:

Money Daniels

Post by Money Daniels »

I'm gonna say Eminem has 15 good songs total.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:The comments in here could easily apply to Em's last album, which was what, 4 years ago? And he's been noticeably wack since the album before that, save a couple tracks.

:roll:
It's not 1995 anymore.

Rap is an artform. Artists create FOR LIFE. Expand your little brain.

Hip hop is still growing around the world. There's sooooo much more possible in the future of rap.

Too bad Eminem won't be a part of the evolution. He used to be on the cutting edge. :bunk: :fail:
stop trying to open the door for a 65 year old mindbender dropping albums... #QUITRAPNOW
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

When he did that Trump freestyle it made me feel really old. Eminem went from being controversial, rebellious and edgy to being a conformist pantywaist aping mainstream celebrity-politics.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... e-of-trump" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The woke Slim Shady – understanding Eminem in the age of Trump
Marshall Mathers became a megastar by tapping into the same disaffected white rage later mobilised by the ‘alt-right’.

:lol:

It's like a perfect circle. White rage!
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

step one

Post by step one »

He stopped being "controversial and edgy" about 10 years ago. Still not sure why people are acting like its a recent thing and why they're surprised the album is awful

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Haven't listened to this album and I hope I never have to, but I will say that that song with beyonce is easily the worst song I've heard this year.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:When he did that Trump freestyle it made me feel really old.
because you realized you betrayed everything you ever believed in and essentially became the type of person you hated as a teenager?

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:When he did that Trump freestyle it made me feel really old.
because you realized you betrayed everything you ever believed in and essentially became the type of person you hated as a teenager?
:lol:

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Im usually not as harsh on eminem but this shit is fucking awful

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

I dug "Offended", "Framed", part of "Untouchable", and "Tragic Ending". Other than that, Em is trippin' with this album. Just get up with Alchemist, Denaun, and Dre and give us classic head nodder that's 12 tracks deep of that crazy shit and call it a day. That "Any Man" Eminem that may not return would be nice to hear from.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

ScholarWenis

Post by ScholarWenis »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:Haven't listened to this album and I hope I never have to, but I will say that that song with beyonce is easily the worst song I've heard this year.
Hold up Gucci, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Beyonce & Eminem had one of the WORST SONGS OF ALL TIME............OF ALL TIME
No more Sasso. Now everybody call me Ron!

Hush

Post by Hush »

ardamus wrote:Just get up with Alchemist, Denaun, and Dre and give us classic head nodder that's 12 tracks deep of that crazy shit and call it a day. That "Any Man" Eminem that may not return would be nice to hear from.
This.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Money Daniels wrote:I'm gonna say Eminem has 15 good songs total.
List?

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Money Daniels wrote:I'm gonna say Eminem has 15 good songs total.
nah his run from 99-03 was pretty great after which he became a parody of himself.

most rappers who peak really only get 5 years before they turn unlistenable.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

My problem with eminem has always been the sound of his music

Like you couldn't ever be a DJ playing hip hop, and then throw an Eminem song in the mix, it just doesn't fit

My fav era of eminem was G Unit era eminem, as his songs with 50 alleviated this problem a bit

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

your booty is heavy duty, like diarrhea...

I actually just shit on my last chick, and she has what my ex lacks...

so let's get turnt like a shish-kebab, twist it ma, like an air conditioning knob

some serious bars here
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

gusty wingers wrote:your booty is heavy duty, like diarrhea...

I actually just shit on my last chick, and she has what my ex lacks...

so let's get turnt like a shish-kebab, twist it ma, like an air conditioning knob

some serious bars here
THIS.

In the last few years, Eminem has been saying some lines that are SO FUCKING CORNY, you can tell he's just not inspired anymore, and things that he'd NEVER say in the Dr Dre/Slim Shady prime years are lines he's totally spitting straight faced this year. :bunk:

It's like the "Just Lose It" version of Eminem came back to haunt him on what could be the last album? :clay:

SMH x Infinite, word to 96 Marshall Mathers :shittylikesometp:

aeokq

Post by aeokq »

Eminem's music is dog shit and I'm amazed anyone other than white suburban kids listen to it. I think I've heard like two songs from him I ever liked, Guilty Conscience and Stan. Can't deny he is a good lyricist, but his beats suck.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Has anyone mentioned the album cover yet ?

Who decided on that? And why . terrible so terrible