General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

"It is one of the worst releases in hip hop history..."

Post by Employee »

Big Jus: Plantation Rhymes
(2001, Subverse) CD: $9.00, VINYL: $7.00 @ The HHI Store
Imagine Company Flow's Funcrusher Plus filtered through the ears of your N*Synch-lusting little sister. Now subtract every single positive aspect of that groundbreaking LP, leaving only the sonic deficiencies and abrasive, arrhythmic nature. What you're left with is still at least twice the album as Big Jus's Plantation Rhymes.

Simply stated, this EP is beyond bad. It is one of the worst releases in hip hop history, and it baffles the mind to consider that someone, somewhere might actually enjoy this atrocity of sound. Take "Tongue Sandwich" for example. It sounds as if a mentally impaired lemur was allowed to wreak havoc on Jus's MPC-- pressing all those pretty buttons, making wack beats. No matter, as Jus pays absolutely no attention to the lack of rhythm in the background, rapping instead to the beat of his own drummer-- a one-armed chap with a serious inner-ear infection.

Jus's lyrics are somewhat decent. However, if you are able to focus on a single word he says, you're obviously impervious to torture. Most Navy SEALs would be crippled within minutes, if not by the god-awful "production," than by Jus's brain-drilling nasal vocals. If the ATF would have blasted this music into the Branch Davidian compound, countless lives would have been saved.

Some diehard Co Flow fans will pretend to like this album, even lauding it as "next level." The truth is that if Plantation Rhymes were submitted to HHI as a demo, it would be laughed at. Coming from Jus, it isn't funny-- it's sad. Thank god it's a "limited edition."

GUCCI CONDOMS

Re: "It is one of the worst releases in hip hop history..."

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Employee wrote:
Big Jus: Plantation Rhymes
(2001, Subverse) CD: $9.00, VINYL: $7.00 @ The HHI Store
Imagine Company Flow's Funcrusher Plus filtered through the ears of your N*Synch-lusting little sister. Now subtract every single positive aspect of that groundbreaking LP, leaving only the sonic deficiencies and abrasive, arrhythmic nature. What you're left with is still at least twice the album as Big Jus's Plantation Rhymes.

Simply stated, this EP is beyond bad. It is one of the worst releases in hip hop history, and it baffles the mind to consider that someone, somewhere might actually enjoy this atrocity of sound. Take "Tongue Sandwich" for example. It sounds as if a mentally impaired lemur was allowed to wreak havoc on Jus's MPC-- pressing all those pretty buttons, making wack beats. No matter, as Jus pays absolutely no attention to the lack of rhythm in the background, rapping instead to the beat of his own drummer-- a one-armed chap with a serious inner-ear infection.

Jus's lyrics are somewhat decent. However, if you are able to focus on a single word he says, you're obviously impervious to torture. Most Navy SEALs would be crippled within minutes, if not by the god-awful "production," than by Jus's brain-drilling nasal vocals. If the ATF would have blasted this music into the Branch Davidian compound, countless lives would have been saved.

Some diehard Co Flow fans will pretend to like this album, even lauding it as "next level." The truth is that if Plantation Rhymes were submitted to HHI as a demo, it would be laughed at. Coming from Jus, it isn't funny-- it's sad. Thank god it's a "limited edition."
Remove this thread, homie. :ironmike:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

DP
Last edited by GUCCI CONDOMS on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Y@k Bollox

Post by Y@k Bollox »

I remember picking up a promo copy of this many years ago. I thought it was completed wretched, but I have since wondered if I didn't give it a fair chance.

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

I thought that was pretty good
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

Versive

Post by Versive »

Probably my favorite EP in hip hop history :lol:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

I Smell Like Un Kasa wrote:

I thought that was pretty good
This might be, in all seriousness, one of his best songs.

"OUT DOIN' DONUTS AND GIANT SLALOMS, WATCHIN' THE WORLD GO ROUND-'N-ROUND, THINKIN' TO MYSELF I GOTTA VACATE OUT THIS TOWN..."

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

What's the status of Jay Seagraves political career? :killacam:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

totally thought this was going to be about lil xan.

ogie

Post by ogie »

wonder if that was written by the fat one with the septum piercing or the greasy limp-wristed one. in all seriousness though it took me a while to appreciate Jus, he is way out there but one of a kind and dope. orbital mechanics might be the hardest track of all time.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Versive wrote:Probably my favorite EP in hip hop history :lol:
This is not surprising.