NASIR

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

stype_ones

Re: NASIR

Post by stype_ones »

And also super facts that Pete Rock or Primo would be a disaster for this based on recent out put.

Large Professor is the only producer I'd accept doing a whole Nas album besides Kanye at this point.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Someone upload all the best Nas tracks since IWW. Thanks.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Clean Hobo wrote:Someone upload all the best Nas tracks since IWW. Thanks.
I could do this next weekend and it will be a pretty large folder imo. He's had many great released and unreleased tracks.

For now, you can listen to this shit I made right before Life Is Good dropped. It's pretty ill. IMO, only scratches the surface.

https://soundcloud.com/the-planet-sumpr ... -is-coming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Fuck, I just listened to this mix and I ask anyone to argue with me who is a better rapper than Nas.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Agree with :gloss: regarding the "cult-like atmosphere"; not cool.

Strong work from :naswtf: , but I hear an aging dude trying to out Marciano Marci-A-Lago. In fact, at times it sounds like Roc wrote Nas's verses. Not a good look.

alpha

Post by alpha »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:
alpha wrote:Nas hasn’t been good since Gods Son. Gtfo
Nas has had fantastic verses since GS, even some great songs that I'd listen to alongside his 90s work.

Just no great albums.
I was just being lazy. That’s what I meant.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

stypeones wrote:
I could do this next weekend and it will be a pretty large folder imo. He's had many great released and unreleased tracks.

For now, you can listen to this shit I made right before Life Is Good dropped. It's pretty ill. IMO, only scratches the surface.

https://soundcloud.com/the-planet-sumpr ... -is-coming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My man (hideo nomo)!

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Yo

Nas is good on this.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Neuro wrote:Yo

Nas is good on this.
Yeah.

GROWN MAN THOUGHTS IN POEM FORM. Not a single pandering line or "choppy. MIGOS. flow." moment to cater to the charts of today. FUCK ALL THAT. Just beats, rhymes and life on 7 songs.

Disappointed as FUCK that Nasir didn't have the balls or the integrity to even address or refute the Kelis abuse allegations. That's the ONLY dark cloud over this album's existence silver lining. Ninja, Jay-Z cheated on Beyonce and said sorry on record, Kanye said the dumbest shit of his life and almost broke up his family and then apologized on record... but Kelis starts talmbout "I kept this secret for 8 years, but Nas beat my ass badly" and Escobar Season can't even reply to it in ONE fucking statement anywhere nor in the music??? :naswtf: :bunk: :larry:

there's a few heavy subliminals and he even talks about the mother of his children... but nothing REAL. :owens:

That being said: White Label is my favorite beat of 2018, Bonjour is bliss, and Kanye gave Nas lots of gold. Hip hop needed this more than ANYTHING else. I hope Nas drops the other album that DJ Khaled said was done in like November.

"white kids are brought in alive/ black kids get hit with like five" :copy:

not tons of standout lines on Nasir... just lots of truth. Which is some rare ass shit in the music these days :sherlock:

Kanye on his Slick Rick ish and it's cool even if its easy.

7 songs are not nearly enough, fuck that shit. EPs aren't albums like TV shows aren't movies. Dat shit cray.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Worst thing about this Nas album is that it prompted Mindbender to post some more of his terrible Perez Hilton gossip girl opinions on rap
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

:rofl: / :bunk: / :fail: / :owens:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Jay-Z with the :copy: once again on :naswtf:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Not so sure I concur with your analysis.

BeyJay will win the money, streams, merchandise etc. But Jay Z is in affront to masculinity and manhood in 2018. He's savvy, yes, but he's a guy hitching his fading star to his wife's perpetually-skyrocketing career. The single and video is demonstrative in that regard.

Nas let his nuts hang and did an actual rap album not involving any soft ass attempts at highbrow stunts designed to attract the attention of Eurocentric types.

Nas is on PCP in a Ford Explorer and Jay Z is debating seasonal pattee in a Volvo Hybrid Wagon.

Versive

Post by Versive »

I dig

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

LOL @ Sage Francis.

Watch this interview and tell me it's not true! Get the fuck out of here. And I'm sure they had fights, but who is to tell? That bitch might have come at him with an object, or went crazy and hit him and she may have gotten marks on her body from Nas grabbing her or throwing her around. She said they fought. Comparing that to Chris Brown, who literally beat the shit out Riri in the car is a joke. And she always happens to bring this shit up when there are court issues on going. This the same bitch who said she needed $50K a month to live.

I'm not siding with Nas just for the sake of it, but Sage Francis is a clown when he is talking in certainties based off watching an interview. That's hilarious.

There is a difference between maybe grabbing and restraining someone and punching them in the face. I doubt Nas did what Chris Brown did. It's a big difference.

I don't condone or defend hitting women but just saying, who knows what happened? Taking her word as the only word is a joke.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Philaflava wrote:Jay-Z with the :copy: once again on :naswtf:
I love Jay but aside from a few lines, this album is a snooze fest. Him and B are straight pop stars in the middle of a world tour so of course it's a great time to drop something like this, but people on SM are already coming through the windows hailing this is an amazing piece of art. It's Jay and B, it's going to blow up regardless and we'll have to sit through days of people breaking their necks to say how good it is, but it really isn't.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Employee wrote:Not so sure I concur with your analysis.

BeyJay will win the money, streams, merchandise etc. But Jay Z is in affront to masculinity and manhood in 2018. He's savvy, yes, but he's a guy hitching his fading star to his wife's perpetually-skyrocketing career. The single and video is demonstrative in that regard.

Nas let his nuts hang and did an actual rap album not involving any soft ass attempts at highbrow stunts designed to attract the attention of Eurocentric types.

Nas is on PCP in a Ford Explorer and Jay Z is debating seasonal pattee in a Volvo Hybrid Wagon.
ALL OF THIS IS THE FUCKING TRUTH OF THE GODS THAT COMPREHEND REALITY'S HIGHEST LEVELS.

Nas is kinda sloppy and a lil janky like he was rapping a bit drunk on this album, but it's so human. I am fucking furious at Nas for being the lesser man compared to Jay-Z & 4:44, and beating Kelis and not apologizing or doing anything but making minor subliminals about her but the NASIR album is still original as fuck and not corporate modern (c)rap for a moment. Gotta love it.

Jay-Z's whole soul is in Beyonce's hands. I just heard the first song 'Apeshit' and it's Beyonce's song featuring a lil bit of Hova. I like Jay-Z dissing the NFL and his 0-for-8 run at the Grammys, but they still are lame enough to get Future to do adlibs on the goddamn song, and Jay-Z made a reference to Chief Keef in the first 4 bars, like the Carters are begging for attention from the youth. C'mon son.

Legends give no fucks. Nas ain't winning and Jay-Z is, on the surface of the rap business. But artistically, Nas is still ahead and Jay-Z is still behind.

Jay-Z still is a fucking asshole for dropping this Carters album the day after Nas/Kanye dropped. :rofl:

Rap is outta control, but June is the VERY BEST MONTH of hip hop in the ENTIRE 2000's, without question. And Aubrey finna drop on June 29th too!! :bunny: Man, if he has a song with Nas on that shit... I'ma fucking :rockout: but it's gonna be the biggest album of the year anyways either way, so Toronto finna win one agin, after Aubrey took that Maury Povich level L from Pusha Thanos :lol:

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
:ignore:
*goes to play White Label and Bonjour fifteen times in a row again*
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

God damn you’re a corny faggot.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

stypeones wrote:
I love Jay but aside from a few lines, this album is a snooze fest. Him and B are straight pop stars in the middle of a world tour so of course it's a great time to drop something like this, but people on SM are already coming through the windows hailing this is an amazing piece of art. It's Jay and B, it's going to blow up regardless and we'll have to sit through days of people breaking their necks to say how good it is, but it really isn't.
I don't mean lyrically. Nasir is the better album. I just mean when was the last time you ever heard an album being released on a SATURDAY? Let alone Saturday afternoon, hours after Nas figured out how to fucking upload his album? This shit wasn't a coincidence at all. Jay/Bey could have easily waited a few days, even a week. This was dropped for a reason. Maybe it has more to do with Kanye than Nas, but that's what I'm getting out with the :copy:

step one

Post by step one »

They pretty much appeal to different audiences though, albeit with some overlap. It's not like anyone has to make a decision about which artist is getting their 12.99 this week anyway. Stream, rapidly form opinion for social media purposes and then forget it exists by the end of the month when something else comes along.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

step one wrote:They pretty much appeal to different audiences though, albeit with some overlap. It's not like anyone has to make a decision about which artist is getting their 12.99 this week anyway. Stream, rapidly form opinion for social media purposes and then forget it exists by the end of the month when something else comes along.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Philaflava wrote:
stypeones wrote:
I don't mean lyrically. Nasir is the better album. I just mean when was the last time you ever heard an album being released on a SATURDAY? Let alone Saturday afternoon, hours after Nas figured out how to fucking upload his album? This shit wasn't a coincidence at all. Jay/Bey could have easily waited a few days, even a week. This was dropped for a reason. Maybe it has more to do with Kanye than Nas, but that's what I'm getting out with the :copy:
I saw someone that worked for a publishing company that said Jay-Z and Beyonce's camp cleared a sample at 3 PM Friday afternoon for the album. Probably were working overtime down to the last microsecond. :ohsh: :omar: :copy:

THE CARTERS ARE THE ILLUMINATI :rofl:

but no seriously, they rushed this out, and this was NOT a coincidence that Beyonce and Jay-Z dropped a duet album the day after Nas/Kanye drop an album.

i think it's more to fuck with Kanye's actually unprecedented string of producing 5 different albums this summer, and totally taking some dominance back in the rap game since his chart absence, the mental health issues and the mediocre numbers for TLOP. Kanye kept his motherfucking TWITTER RANT word, and dropped all of the albums he said he was gonna. Teyana Taylor's is him just stunting now. Dude made some unprecedented history this summer but...

the Carters are like nice beats Ye, AND I'MMA LET YOU FINISH BUT WE RENTED THE LOUVRE TO SHOW OFF THESE HERE 9 NEW JAYONCE SONGS PISSING ON YOUR NAS WEEKEND, FUCK YOUR LIL 7 SHITS

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

http://www.nme.com/reviews/album/nas-nasir-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lyrically, it’s a classy affair as Nas mixes street with Shakespeare, referring to himself as “The ghetto Othello, the moor” on the sample-heavy ‘Adam and Eve.’ The samples and beat choices are slick and politically charged throughout, especially on this and the crushing ‘Cops Shot the Kids.’

The latter opens with a snippet of speech from Richard Pryor at a Stax Records benefit concert where he’s talking about police curfews against black teens in the 1970’s. Moments later, a breathless, frantic sampling of Slick Rick’s famous ‘Children’s Story’ appears and underscores the song throughout: “the cops shot the kids” is repeated with devastating urgency and emotiveness.

“The cops shot the kid, same old same”, Nas raps, exemplifying the fact that little has changed over the forty years period since Pryor’s comments. It’s a track full of evocative images – a burst fire hydrant in the summer, for example – representing the chaos Nas sees around him on the streets, often echoing Childish Gambino’s ‘This is America.’ Its abrupt ending and chilling final line – “the cops shot the kids, I still hear him scream” haunts long after the song’s ending. ...

It’s a deeply troubling conflict on an album that manages to be so successfully woke on one level and yet so blatantly archaic on another.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I like this. Nas raps as good as you could hope for in 2018. Cops is the only wack song because the beat is an absolute mess.

Typically for Nas I actually think the production is stopping this from being kind of great. The samples are nice but those paper thin drums really doesn't suit his style. If this album had proper kicks and snares I would enjoy it a lot more.

But overall it's a pleasant surprise. Doubt anyone but hardcore Nas fans will want to listen to it in a few months but that was a foregone conclusion.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

4:44 is pretty damn masterful.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

stypeones wrote:

Ayo Stype...Would you mind sending me the "Livin It" track?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Seen on another forum:
posted Monday, June 18, 2018 8:13:33 AM

Nas is promoting anti-vaccination parenting on his new album.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

djfilthyrich wrote:
https://www74.zippyshare.com/v/0lGp1Ol7/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not the best quality its a demo rip from the mix tape and the 2nd verse has a drop which I was I only used the 1st verse on that mix.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Employee wrote:Seen on another forum:
posted Monday, June 18, 2018 8:13:33 AM

Nas is promoting anti-vaccination parenting on his new album.

LOL, song analysis fail.

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

stypeones wrote:
djfilthyrich wrote:
https://www74.zippyshare.com/v/0lGp1Ol7/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not the best quality its a demo rip from the mix tape and the 2nd verse has a drop which I was I only used the 1st verse on that mix.
Thanks Stype