Little Bit Of This, Little Bit Of That...

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hasenfefer

Little Bit Of This, Little Bit Of That...

Post by Hasenfefer »

http://www.camp-hero.com/Symphony.mp3 - not sure where this is going to go, but it's on it's way.

http://www.camp-hero.com/PeterPan.mp3 - little funky piece i'm playing with.

http://www.camp-hero.com/Soul.mp3 - red hot chili peppers remix that will probably go no where since the rest of the song has drums.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Symphony- this is dope... i like the drums in particular. those horns that come in are cool too, and I really like the bass. The main organ(?) sample seems a bit overbearing though, like it was drowning out the other sounds. small complaint though, great work.

Peter Pan- cool guitar sample, the saxophone is a real nice touch too... this track is really funky, I dig it. would sound great with an emcee.

Chili Peppers- sweet... i really like this song. this is an ill remix, I like how you did the drums. too bad you can't remix the rest of the track.

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

where have i heard those horn stabs!!!

shit's gonna kill me for weeks

nice ish, i peeped the first one, leaning back, nice veibes, kid koala-esque

Henessee Williams

Post by Henessee Williams »

that first joint is tight, what else does it need? hot.

second- its good, doesn't do too much for me.

the drums on Chili Peppers shit is real tight. IMO you could just loop the beginning bass, without any lyrics, and add some eerie reverb horn stabs, maybe some other elements.....you could take it to another level...your ode to the Peppers. i dont know about remixing the whole song with lyrics, chorus, etc. the bass line is referential enough.

keep it greezy brethren!

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Henessee Williams wrote: the drums on Chili Peppers shit is real tight. IMO you could just loop the beginning bass, without any lyrics, and add some eerie reverb horn stabs, maybe some other elements.....you could take it to another level...your ode to the Peppers.
word, i was thinking about just using the guitar and drums and adding some shit to turn it into an instrumental joint....i'll fuck with it. thanks for the comments.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

"Peter Pan" = The guitar and horns are alot of fun. Those claps sound very uncomfortable in the mix. The drums move the piece along but remain unremarkable. Good stuff.

"Soul" = Great. Best piece among the three. Grabbed me from the start.

"Symphony" = Smooth as fuck, but something about the song just sounds too damn familiar. Particularly the drums. Just sounds too easy. Still hot shit. Just lacking something.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

soul - homie, you're programming game is getting damn near godly. you're making jesus dance and shake with your hats and breaks. again, you're more ballsy with ideas than i will ever be, and i'm feeling the courage. you improved a great song, so props due.

peter pan - maybe because i've been listening to Felt 2, but this is on some straight ANT shit. or rather, PBWolf business, like a Charizma b-side or some'm. throw on some cuts of a Smooth B adlib, and you've got some good ol' trueschool business. props on keeping the bridge chops nice and unoverbearing.

symphony - awww, man, the chord changes in this are fucking lovely, like, the way the vibeline leans from the 2nd bar into the 3rd is absolutely beautiful. the drums are coconuts, and the horn section makes it all the more dramatic. great job!
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

unAuthorDeezy

Post by unAuthorDeezy »

not bad, not bad... Symphony is real dope, im feelngth entire piece so far... Peter Pan, felt like it was gonna go somewhere else, you might still be workin , real boom bap shit but missing something, and soul ... i like the guitar, its ok... drum programming is mad intricate and precise, but im not really diggin it.... for the chili peppers its cool but not to rhyme on, ha. good stuff though.... im curious to know your plans for symphony. PM ME!peace
unAuthordox's "Help... The Ep LP" available at www.ughh.com/store, www.cdbaby.com/cd/unauthordox, www.towerrecords.com
-"fuse one... dood smokes a blunt like a chick holds a virginia slim. "

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

Symphony - Hmm. A little stutter funk over some ghostly high pitched drones, eh? Pretty nice. Kick and horns can be brought up here to really emphasize the conflict between the two styles. I wanna hear how this one evolves but the track just ends. Hopefully you will post a full fledged version later on.

Peter Pan - Oooh! Hot! This got me movin. Love the sax shit. Break doesn't really fit though. I'd like to hear a sizzling snare and nice open hat punctuating the funkiness of this. I can hear it now.....Wow. This shit is nice. can't get enogh of that sax, its like grover washington jammin with the JBs.

Soul - The drum pattern sounds like marching band music. Really tedious over the singing, a little better over the guitar. Nice sample actually, I'd run with that.

dj_pi

Post by dj_pi »

Yo Has...all three of those beats were really dope. I like your style.

young nova

Post by young nova »

listened to the first two, not really my style but well done if that makes sense. shit sounds like they got launched out of a timewarp from early 90s or mid 70s not sure which. id say pick better samples and make ya beats stand out but thats not really your style i guess.

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

i'm definitely diggin' the first track... alot as a matter of fact.

the other two ain't my steez tho, so no comment.

Orale Holmes

Post by Orale Holmes »

Wow man...best shit I've heard from you in a minute. Soul is really really dope. Nice drums. Good overall...

have any 808 drum oriented beats?

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

symphony--sweet ass drums, really live and kicking. i don't really like that reallly high pitched droning sound. the horns that come in sound tight though. more horns less droning keyboards! nice though.

peter pan--this is tight, sounds like something produced in 1991 or something. once that deeper bass sound comes in, it's really dope. that sax is what makes this sound like some good ass golden-era rap. nice shit has. i could see redman rocking over this beat back in the day. or maybe the artifacts or something.

soul-- cool song. recognize the break, but you chopped it up sufficiently and even put like 1/64th note drum rolls in there! this shows off your talent as a producer that doesn't only do hip hop.

keep em coming!
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

Symphony- Your drums have always been your highlight. I like the samples on this too...however, that high sound gets a tad abrasive to the ears after awhile. Drop it out, please and let those drums thump alone! The horn chops are right on point. Joint moves.

Peter pan - nice chops with the funk. Once again, nice with the drums. You amaze me what you do with FLStudio homie!

Soul - Maybe a little too crazy with the drums?! :lol: Nice transitions. It all works well

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Orale Holmes wrote:have any 808 drum oriented beats?
yea, i do...most of my older beats are single hit, 808ish type drums but for the last few months i've pretty much just been rocking chopped breaks.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

I gotta say i was feelin peter pan the best out of these. that shit was mad funky. just like you said. the other two werent really my cup of tea, but they were still well done. your peter pan beat reminded me of a track my boy made.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus »

yeah symphony is solid. i love the play on that break, really nice. those horn stabs are really good too. reminds me of some rjd2.

oh man. this track is fucking hot sauce and a half. this is nice. the sax fuck man funkiest i've ever heard.

i really like this rhcp remix i think this could be really dope if some more shit was intertwined within the music. damn those snare triplets are nice. lovley lovley indeed.

Aloe

Post by Aloe »

sup has.. long time..

listening to symphony.

like the sample in the begning... beat kickin in... i like this. its got a real laid back n chill vibe to it. and its good enough to just listen to by itself, w/o anybody rhymin over it

props.

i`ll try to check the other two out later

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

yo...what up loe...havent seen you around in a while. you should post up some new shit if you have any.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

symphony - dirty atmosphere on this one... lovely drums... filthy

peter pan - oldschool funk... seems like you could go farther and get really sick with the drum programming because the vibe of the samples is so familar...

soul - you tricked me, thought it was gonna be 'soul to squeeze'... yeah this is cool... interesting choice in direction with the drums... i think it works...

props

e-styles

Post by e-styles »

dope stuff has. your drums are heet! great sound and programming and great atmoshpere in all 3, welldone!

Cimmerian

Post by Cimmerian »

Im digging the new music... especially the peppers remix.

Keep doing, Has.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Cimmerian wrote:Im digging the new music... especially the peppers remix.

Keep doing, Has.
cimma ya boom boom.. whats up homie?.. post some new shit in Pen n Pad
ImageImage
ImageImage

CitizenD

Post by CitizenD »

I liked all three of these. I really dig your drum patterns, they're way more advanced than mine.

Cimmerian

Post by Cimmerian »

T-Wrex wrote:
Cimmerian wrote:Im digging the new music... especially the peppers remix.

Keep doing, Has.
cimma ya boom boom.. whats up homie?.. post some new shit in Pen n Pad
What's up T... it's been a while. I posted a little something in there.

wilsan

Post by wilsan »

Symphony - i like the drums ALOT. the horns are dope and well placed also. My only gripe being that the organ/keys are too loud and repetitive- I think they would drown out an MC on this.

Peter Pan - this is SUPER dope. just what I want to hear MCs over these days. Dope sample - not fucked with - respect. fuck a chop.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

wilsan wrote: Dope sample - not fucked with - respect. fuck a chop.
haha, actually...the samples i used for that track are from different records (guitar and horns) and i chopped and resequenced them. i'll take it as a compliment to my chopping skillz that you couldn't tell. :grin:

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

wilsan just doesnt know shit and talks anyway