Remember...The Soul Of Things

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hasenfefer

Remember...The Soul Of Things

Post by Hasenfefer »

http://www.camp-hero.com/Remember.mp3 - full length track.

http://www.camp-hero.com/The_Soul_Of_Things.mp3 - 2 min clip of a new track i'm messing with.

Ipl

Post by Ipl »

both are super tight.
u gotta let that meth be the hook for whoever rips this.

the 2 min clip is peaceful
it sits easy with me
thinkin talkrap

Has runnin :megaman: shit

The Iron Sheik
Loves Watching Lean On Me

Post by The Iron Sheik »

the soul of things - this sample is beautiful. i'm curious where you'll go with this. you always have great drums, but for some reason, these seem ill suited. i don't like the snap, for instance. this is something aceyalone would rap over on a book of human language.

remember - whoa the chop comes in really harsh, i love it. i'm a man of abrasion. and you're gapping it, cool. great drums, i like the piano, this is very professional. i think of this and say 'sixtoo'. i know a girl who dated sixtoo, i stayed with her in montreal last week. a lovely girl. she must have a thing for producers. hmmmm...but yeah, great beat.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

remember - shit. fuck with my ego a little more elegantly, why don't you? this is the sort of music i wish i could make, when i wish for things. the culminations come exactly where they need to, this is like the life history of the most rhythm driven person on the planet. jesus. brilliant work dude, the synthy vox stab is fucking retarded in the best possible sense. bananas. great money.

The Soul of Things - whoof. yeah, this is a fucking loop. Lord Finesse is going to set up a pup tent in your fucking hedgerow over this. this is absolutely perfect, homie. seriously, i dig your ear. wow. had me rhyming immediately, and well at that. good business, incredibly good business.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

remember - damn i've used that sample somewhere... this is alright drums kinda predictable... that low vocal is sweet tho... i think i've just heard this kinda track too many times now...

soulof things - i like this a lot better... upright bass great... only thing i don't like is how the hats play through over the other cymbals hits... good work tho

props

Naught

Post by Naught »

These are both ill. Nice work.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

appreciate all the comments.

Operator

Post by Operator »

So i've been around since the HHI days and I always thought your drums were nice technically you were dope and what not but....i never felt your melodies.

And now this.

Remember - the intro had me feeling like i would again be disappointed. but then you sped it up. and then FUCK! that synth is SILLY. the whistling type sample in the back and what sounds like a squeeky door closing all add to the track in a fresh way. don't think that kind of shit goes unnoticed. this will be getting some rotation in the whip if you don't mind.

The Soul of Things - very chill. feelin the horns. a little too mellow for my taste or maybe i'm just not in a jazzy mood.

but yeah. Remember is lovely.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 350 character limit.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

I'm glad you know how sick you are.

"Remember" is just that ill. It just is, man. I mean, the "Release Yo' Delf" sample? You're just fuckin' with people. And the shit sounds great. I wish for nothing more from something like this. You've done well. No, wait, I lied. The transition from the first to the second tempo is sloppy. It's like, "Here's how it starts, and now here's the beat." And it ends too abruptly. Not asking for anymore music, but it sounds like you just turned the shit off and pressed "convert." But both of these are such minor discrepancies. The beat is hot.

"Soul of Things" is smooth, very smooth, but the way the samples play into one another is almost too clean. That snap is overmixed. I feel like the kick should hit alot harder. The drum patterns are beautiful. I don't know, I'm really reaching for shit to bitch about. This shit is dope, just not "Remember."

aresem

Post by aresem »

im not very good at giving feedback, so i'll keep it short.

Remember - has an ill vibe to it. im lovin it.
Soul Of Things -this track is nice. another dope Has beat.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

Remember: I must be the only one who doesn't feel this so much, so it's purely personal taste but... it sounds like something non-hip hop heads would dig. Sorta DJ Shadow, even Moby-ish. I have the same problem with a lot of RJD2 stuff, even though I like most of it. The drums sound too real, if you get me, and the melody's kinda new-age. I like more synthetic or obviously sampled sounding stuff, which brings me to...

The Soul of Things: Fuckin lovely. Conjures images of a hot summer's day in New York. With an MC, I can imagine it being a classic reminiscing track.

young nova

Post by young nova »

i like soul of things

CitizenD

Post by CitizenD »

I really like The Soul of Things. No complaints on that one.

"Remember" is very well crafted and flawless, but I'm not really feelin it.
Sounds like it should be in a car commercial.

bishop headley

Post by bishop headley »

Rember is fuckin beautiful dude. I love the way the drums carry into this. The way you work the vocal samples in this is a perfect contrast.

Huge fuckin props
peace

clarity

Post by clarity »

Has,

"Remember" is lovely. Haven't heard a beat of yours in years, literally. Good to see that you're still doing the damn thing.

All best,
C

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

damn, what's up clarity? yea, it's been a while man. glad to see you're still around. just checked your site, that first joint with eternal sounds hot. e really stepped his shit up. feeling that listen up joint as well. going to download the rest over the weekend and check them out.

wilsan

Post by wilsan »

remember - dope piano sample and aaah sample. the rest is eh. keep those and replace everything else.

the soul - again, dope samples but the drums, although better, dont grab me. A decent MC would make this good.

equalibrum

Post by equalibrum »

remeber is sick...was listening to that the other day on the camp hero page...DOPE! my only beef with it is the vocal samples sounds off beat or something....the meth sample..but thats just being over picky. dope shit tho SOLID!

soul-of things - WOW...this is jsut a damn good beat overall...not so much instruemntally but with the right emcee this could be a killer fucking song for real...clean...smooth...dope...nice job on that man. no complaints

PZZZZ

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

hey man...

Remember--This is Ill. I LOVE that synth/voice thing. It totally makes the beat. Everything else sounds wonderful too. Beautiful track, and one of my favorites I've heard from you.

Soul Of Things--this is some dope introspective-type shit. Reminds me of something Common would rap over. The trumphet that comes in is great. I love the jazzy mood. excellent work. no complaints at all

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

The Red Scare wrote:Remember--This is Ill. I LOVE that synth/voice thing.
haha, everyone thinks thats a synth...fyi it's actually me cutting a female vocal off a record. thanks for the props.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

remember is heat. good job on that one. absolutely lovely. i want to hear em on this, even though i know you're not a fan.

soul of things... i like this a lot man, i can hear a nas type storytellin track over this. it's got a cloudy depressing broke ass street music musician vibe to it. good work has.