Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hasenfefer

New Beat: Black Moon

Post by Hasenfefer »

http://zebox.com/sumone/ - black moon

a straight up emcee type joint.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

wow, REALLY feeling this. favorite thing i've heard from you in a long while, i think. no complaints at all...the guitar, horns, bass, drums, and the ambient samples you use are all dope. top notch stuff right here. damn.

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

wow yeah, man. this is awesome. those piano samples are sick. great chopping. bass is great, minimal but perfect. probably one of my favorite beats i've ever heard from you. I would love to hear a good rapper kill this.

the only super tiny criticism is that the kool g rap lyrics sound like 1ms off at parts. like the got a lot of reverb on them or something.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

yeah,samples are on some Vakill steez,drums a little more liver than your avg mc track,really raw shit here,I'm digging this alot too,get one of those angry type mc's on this immediately,or if not settle for a cheesy prowlers netcee,I thought all the additional elements of vocal samples added the cherry on top,don't tell me all these different elements came from the same sample source?jesus

dope track,would probably DL this if it had an mc on it

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

nestle quik wrote:don't tell me all these different elements came from the same sample source?jesus
hah, no. the guitar and horn came from one source, drums from multiple sources, vocal is another source, piano is from a vsti (hypersonic i believe) and the ambient part over the hook is from another source.

glad heads are feeling this one...i'm on a grimey streak lately.

agent b

Post by agent b »

yeah i loved this when you first played it for me and its even better with the g rap hook, great work. the piano on here is the perfect minimalist addition.

put up that "hum drum" joint you were fuckin with next man, that shit is just as dope.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

dirty. i especially like the bassline. kool g's vocals could be a tad louder. the shakers or whatever you have going through out the track give it a real nice rhythm. good shit has. stay up.

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

i wouldn't describe this really as grimy but its moody as hell... some late night chainsmoking crime novel typewriting shit... vox seem offbeat but yeah this is nice..

dope

Zeed Stun

Post by Zeed Stun »

<---Really feelin that g rap sample.

Is the guitar sample chopped? Sounds real nice.

Nacho Vidal

Post by Nacho Vidal »

this like the second of your tracks I really ever liked. and I like it alot. everything falls into place. i would prefer a more programmed drum sound, especially the snare, but I know that aint your style. good work, man.
"Word is bond, I am the baddest...and all the honeys out there, word is bond, you know my status"

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

first thing i noticed when this started playing. i was like. wow this mix is done really well, good job on the compression. this shit is dope, dammmn the chorus. but honestly i see more of an interlude vibe on this than a mc. but a mc would deff sound nice on this.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I like this alot

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

black moon - awww, dude, i HAVE this fucking guitar loop. can't remember where i got it from, country joe and the fish or some'm. fuck, you're gonna have me sneezing and sweating, tilting records around for the next four hours until i find this jawn.

fuck.

beyond my small minded annoyance, this shit is banoodles. the drums are friggin marvelous, and the bassline squirts around behind it all on some golden globe winning supporting actor business. the quiet synth line that slides in on the 1 every 4 bars is really subtle and extraordinarily effective at adding a whole other color to the image. great job, dude.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.