New beats up. been a while.

Post by ROSARIO »

http://www.zebox.com/rosario/

5 of them,

Day to Night

The Whistle

Midnight Marauder

The Ninja Hustle

Boogie nights (my first attempt at not sampling, go easy on it lol)

twob

Post by twob »

I liked the whistle quite a bit, though, the breakdown around 2:40 or wherever kind of throws it off, or that's how it seemed to me. I'll try and check out the rest later though.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

yea yea yea. i posted this quick then went to work. thats why i had no time to post on others. figured i would have some credibilty.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

ROSARIO wrote:figured i would have some credibilty.
58 posts and 2 threads in this forum where i had to remind you of the rules doesn't do a whole lot for your credibility.

for future reference, it's cool if you can't drop replies right away, just leave a note in your post letting the mods know you're aware of the rules and you will be replying when you get a minute.

on to the beats...

the whistle: this is fresh. drums are crispy sounding. little breakdown section was appreciated. real nice joint.

day to night: pretty familiar drums, but they work well. samples are pretty damn sweet....especially those horns. this is some good ol' fashioned emcee friendly funk. nice job.

midnight marauder: you're definitely a break man, i can appreciate that. this is very smooth. mix sounds clean, samples are subtle but well placed. this goes real well with the two vicodin i ate an hour ago. this might actually get downloaded and thrown on my ipod.

ninja hustle: nice guitar...i dig the vocal but it's been used a couple times before, i wouldn't let that stop you though. digging this too.

boogie nights: another cool guitar sample, chopped i'm guessing. horns are a nice touch. nothing really to bitch about here but this doesn't stand out nearly as much as the first 3.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

Hasenfefer wrote: boogie nights: another cool guitar sample, chopped i'm guessing.
nope. everything on this song is keyboard. people are sleeping on the capabilities of reason 3.0

reason can do some realisitic soundin stuff.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

ROSARIO wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote: boogie nights: another cool guitar sample, chopped i'm guessing.
nope. everything on this song is keyboard. people are sleeping on the capabilities of reason 3.0

reason can do some realisitic soundin stuff.
for real? that's dope. is that a pre-set?

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

the whistle: bang bang. kit is butter, commands the track. whistle chops are decent, the little horns are nice, i'd maybe freak them a little more make a melody outta it or soemthing...wait, just got dense and dark. this is dope in a madlib sorta way. real gritty, lotta atmosphere...i dig. cool, little break is coolin, all of this sounds like it shouldn't work as well as it does, there's some wierd harmonys, but they defy the odds and make it all choppily good. ever hear that first kid koala album?

day to night - nice, recognizable break, but works nicely in context. horn chops are pretty gravy. your mixes almost make me cringe, but then they make me smile instead and it all works when i think it isn't going to. the main trumpet melody holds this together like muselage. dope.

midnight marauder;. i like this mudy vibes. dense. dj shadowesque. nice break. lotsa atmospher in this one. develops really smoove, this is a nice track, you've got a real good sense of space, if that makes sense. what're you using if ya dont mind me asking?

check rest later if i get time, pzz

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

wait a second...those horns in boogie nights?! those are midi?! i gotta get reason...been tryna make a nice 70s horn sound like that for awhile...damn

decent track too by the way, lol

zp

LiQuiD6

Post by LiQuiD6 »

the whistle - i like the way you used the whistle.....shit sounds dope....overall the beat has a very odd feel to it....cause some of the samples you layered on top of each other dont really.....fit together...in the sense of tones and chords....it seems like you was on some rjd2 type ish....but its missing some of the musical correlation between samples....like you thought a lot about the rhythm of the samples and how they fit on top of each other...but not how they sound together as a whole......as i keep listening and more things get added on...it starts to just sound cluttered.....not a bad beat......but its got some chord issues with the sample choices......for all i know....that could have been your purpose from the get go.....

day to night - this is nice...lovin the delayed guitars over the bassline......the horns work well.....this is fire.....aint shit negative to say about it

midnight maurader - this is nice....got a real dope and smooth vibe...the break is perfect for the samples.......fire beat.....

ninja hustle - classic sample.....nice flip on that......i notice the way you layer samples and shit......that shit is dope right there.....ive gotten too lazy to keep doin that shit ...lol

boogie nights - hah......@ the reason trumpets......i love those things.....dudes are sleepin on reason.....shit is my bread and butter.....this is nice for something completely composed......dont know if i can really hear anyone rapping on it........it would work very well behind some video...like a commercial....or a movie scene....feel me?
The best hip hop producer you never heard of:

www.myspace.com/liquid6dustmightz

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

-Whistle-hah,I like your thick filtered basslines,really unique for beats nowadays,unique sample,strangely catchy,got a kinda apocayptic yet honkytonk feel,clever use of that break,damn the amount of changeups makes my beats feel anemic,the horns are a dope way to climax the beat,this feels very much like it could go in a movie at the end of something like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' or something similarly pulp-ish

Day to Night-you use some reconizable breaks,but that to be just adds to the feel of these,this one has ghostface written all over it to me,could've seen this on Supreme Clientele or BW,this is definately a nice fraking of the filtered sample approach without it seeming anemic,good work

I'm starting to get upset with how lazy my beats sound compared to this so ima stop

young nova

Post by young nova »

day to night was my favorite, the drums were dope, likin the swing on em.

tayoisnt

Post by tayoisnt »

the whistle - god bless the lopass. that's what the sweet fancy mariah i'm talking about. dude, your ear is everything that i ever wanted hip-hop to sound like when i spoke and thought in such absolute terms. thanks for bringing the black and white back in such a brilliant way. the break bangs, the bassline lopes, the whistle fucking shines, and that sax stab is '94 in a brass nutshell. marvelous. argh. fuck, the stabs on the chorus section is a little dissonant. no need to even add it, shit is fine as is, dude, trust me.

day to night - your kicks are squeaking, which makes me think you downloaded that break from the same place i did. *looks sheepish*. the guitar loop is leggy enough to not even sound like a fucking loop, which is quite a trick within itself. the stuttered kicks to move from section to section really helps the product to change gears. the hornline fell from god's girlfriend's tongue right into your sample, so good money.

midnight mauarauder - gotfuckingdamn in my bathroom with an old mop. this is a loop that will save a life, or at least keep her sleeping comfortably for another 20 minutes. if you could stick a less staggered hihat line underneath it all, i swear, it'd shake everything together absolutely marvelously. as it is, there are a few dead spots in the walls. but, such walls as these will keep the cannonballs and creditors out for years. well fucking done dude.

ninja hustle - jesus christ. look. get in touch with any one of the cella dwellas or the boogiemonsters or any other plural group of dude's from red hook immediately. this is my shit, period. thanks for making this dude, you've honestly improved the hell out of my day. absolutely nothing wrong with this beat, the stop and pop that slides from the chorus back into the verse section is absolutely marvelous. brilliant. fucking brilliant.

boogie nights - i've gotta get my vst game up, this shit sounds legit as hell. only thing i'd suggest is to maybe swing some kicks behind the main pillars of the beat, like, just to add an extra level of groove to it all. otherwise, this shit is beyond reproach. great batch dude. i'd love to see your creative process, for some reason, i think i could learn a gang of shit from how you handle the concept of beat building. props.
got more records than god.

www.myspace.com/tayoisnt is where i show how i use 'em.

ROSARIO

Post by ROSARIO »

tayoisnt wrote: day to night - your kicks are squeaking, which makes me think you downloaded that break from the same place i did. *looks sheepish*.
nope, young holt unlimited(or trio) - wah wah man

man i love tayos comments, they are always so wierd and humerous.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

can't really offer any critique, just droppin to say i peeped all 5. great batch of beats man. day to night and whistle being the ones that stuck out to me, but they were all pretty good man. alright, stay up.