MPCx

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

twob

Post by twob »

The Red Scare wrote:^cool man, appreciated!
Yeah, definitely appreciated.

bizzlestiltskin

Post by bizzlestiltskin »

props for those drum kits man. most of them in the dre pack are fruity drums in different pitches, but there's some good kicks in there.
"I'm platinum, bitch. And I didn't have to sell out." -- Ice Cube

http://www.myspace.com/doledrums
http://www.soundclick.com/lilbizzo

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

proppers to all

M:akai

Post by M:akai »

daaaaammmnnnn, i've been sleeping :ohsh: this is dopeness, i'll post up some stuff up at a later date if i can dig up my software cd, i'm on my dad's laptop right now so ya>

everyone ignore that accapella threads i posted :lastweek:

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Anybody have the link to all of those drum breaks that's not Phatso's? I'll post a new topic 'bout this.

twob

Post by twob »

Can somebody up those Windows programs when they get the chance? My office just switched out their computers and I just came up, I've got my music set up on both my Mac and PC now, so any help would be appreciated.

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Hasenfefer wrote:Steinberg Hypersonic v1

Steinberg Hypersonic is the music workstation that adds more power, more versatility and more sounds to your system than you've ever dreamt of. With it's excellent sound-per-system specs, uncompromised sound quality, fast and easy tweaking options, Hypersonic is the ultimate sound factory for every computer-based musician.

Steinberg Hypersonic is both a compositional workhorse and an expandable, high-performance sample player / synthesizer. It takes the musical instrument workstation concept to computer-based music production environments with higher quality, easier use, and more effective playability than ever before.

With 5 high quality sound generation engines, a large built-in patch library with 1000 patches from more than 50 categories featuring Wizoo's acclaimed sound design, it delivers an unbelievable amount of sounds, effects, voices and outputs, allowing you to generate more high-quality sounds in a given system than ever before.

A fully integrated database makes finding the right sounds a breeze; "hyper knobs" allow for quicker, easier and more "intelligent" sound-tweaking than ever before at the turn of a single knob. Thanks to its proprietary and unique optimization engine, Hypersonic dramatically reduces CPU load, RAM/disk space requirements, and patch/combi loading times.
i had to break this into two parts;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j7gswo - part 1, this is the main folder.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5f3kps - part 2, this is the H20 setup file.

unzip part 1 (it's a zipped folder so you won't need to make a folder when you unzip it)

unzip part two, it will be the H20 setup file. copy and past it into the folder from zip one and run it from there and you should be good to go.
how do i set it up after everything's installed? do i have to download a license?

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

axel foley wrote:
Hasenfefer wrote:Steinberg Hypersonic v1

Steinberg Hypersonic is the music workstation that adds more power, more versatility and more sounds to your system than you've ever dreamt of. With it's excellent sound-per-system specs, uncompromised sound quality, fast and easy tweaking options, Hypersonic is the ultimate sound factory for every computer-based musician.

Steinberg Hypersonic is both a compositional workhorse and an expandable, high-performance sample player / synthesizer. It takes the musical instrument workstation concept to computer-based music production environments with higher quality, easier use, and more effective playability than ever before.

With 5 high quality sound generation engines, a large built-in patch library with 1000 patches from more than 50 categories featuring Wizoo's acclaimed sound design, it delivers an unbelievable amount of sounds, effects, voices and outputs, allowing you to generate more high-quality sounds in a given system than ever before.

A fully integrated database makes finding the right sounds a breeze; "hyper knobs" allow for quicker, easier and more "intelligent" sound-tweaking than ever before at the turn of a single knob. Thanks to its proprietary and unique optimization engine, Hypersonic dramatically reduces CPU load, RAM/disk space requirements, and patch/combi loading times.
i had to break this into two parts;

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j7gswo - part 1, this is the main folder.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5f3kps - part 2, this is the H20 setup file.

unzip part 1 (it's a zipped folder so you won't need to make a folder when you unzip it)

unzip part two, it will be the H20 setup file. copy and past it into the folder from zip one and run it from there and you should be good to go.
how do i set it up after everything's installed? do i have to download a license?
nope, once it's installed go to Channels / Add One / More...then click the Refresh button at the bottom (Fast Scan) and it should show up in the list. click on it and close that window. go back to Channels / Add One and select it from that list and it'll open in FL like any other plug in / generator.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

i just discovered this place, anybody got a fresh link to them Dre drums and the Engineer's Handbook?

wow, this should be where I shoulda been long ago!

so much to catch up to...
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

any re-ups of any of this would be more than appreciated. in the meantime i will get some things off my other computer to up onto here.
thanks in advance.

peace

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Akai kits (program/wavs)

Allright here is a few things I got - I will up some reason refills too. Anybody who will help me out with some AKAI kits would be greatly appreciated.

- STEREO CONGAS

_ Roland MC202

- Boss Dr 550

More to come. Thanks for any REUPS of previous shit in advance

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I'm thinking about trying to get into making some of my own stuff. What would be the ideal program for a newbie like me to use? I don't mind tackling a more complicated program either. The description of the program Has posted sounds great, is that the way to go?

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

ChristPuncher wrote:I'm thinking about trying to get into making some of my own stuff. What would be the ideal program for a newbie like me to use? I don't mind tackling a more complicated program either. The description of the program Has posted sounds great, is that the way to go?
I'm not positive, but I think that Steinberg Hypersonic is mostly a tool to be used in conjunction with other programs.

You should get either Fruity Loops or Reason 3.0. I prefer Reason, but both programs would be great to get you started.

DeffEnders

Post by DeffEnders »

ChristPuncher wrote:I'm thinking about trying to get into making some of my own stuff. What would be the ideal program for a newbie like me to use?
Are you familiar with any other multimedia software? For example, I knew how to use Adobe Premiere, so a sequencer with a similar layout like acid or cubase made a lot of sense to me. Consequently, Reason and Fruitly loops took me a lot longer to learn.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

The Red Scare wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:I'm thinking about trying to get into making some of my own stuff. What would be the ideal program for a newbie like me to use? I don't mind tackling a more complicated program either. The description of the program Has posted sounds great, is that the way to go?
I'm not positive, but I think that Steinberg Hypersonic is mostly a tool to be used in conjunction with other programs.

You should get either Fruity Loops or Reason 3.0. I prefer Reason, but both programs would be great to get you started.
yea, hypersonic is a VSTi that you use with Fruity Loops.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I'm not familiar with any other multimedia software. I figured Fruity Loops was the way to go, just wanted to get some second opinions.

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

FL is tremendously user friendly,you could start how I started by making beats on windows soundrecorder,I think I got all you beat on hard to learn

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

nestle quik wrote:FL is tremendously user friendly,you could start how I started by making beats on windows soundrecorder,I think I got all you beat on hard to learn
haha i started on soundrecorder as well. Back in windows 3.0 days. Man that shit was wack as fuck. It turned me off beat making for years.

nestle quik

Post by nestle quik »

I remember every beat I had would be rocking the same Roots-Adrenaline drum kit like it never got old,lmao

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

here's a convenient package of all the drum loops from Phatso's (http://www.phatdrumloops.com)

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Damn this sendspace stuff must go down quickly :(

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

^^^those acapella links still work

still illiterate

Post by still illiterate »

Hypersonic is great. I use it all the time. Thanks to Has

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

I want Hypersonic!

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

still illiterate wrote:Hypersonic is great. I use it all the time. Thanks to Has
you're welcome...maybe when you have a minute you can reup it for brazen?

if not i will when i get a chance.

phil connors

Post by phil connors »

Hasenfefer wrote:
still illiterate wrote:Hypersonic is great. I use it all the time. Thanks to Has
you're welcome...maybe when you have a minute you can reup it for brazen?

if not i will when i get a chance.
Is it for Mac by any chance?

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

^no, Windows only

Brazen

Post by Brazen »

That'll be superspectacular for whomever does it. Good lookin btw Redscare. You're always on the up and up.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

axel foley wrote:The Mixing Engineers Handbook
http://download.yousendit.com/4CD6617A4774397F
Can a brother get a quick re-up?