New Kanye Rant; Yeezus Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

stype_ones

Re: New Kanye Rant; Yeezus Album

Post by stype_ones »

Dark Twisted Fantasy was pretty amazing. Let's not front.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

What bothers me most is his insistent need to repeat lines that aren't very notable for the sake of emphasis and modern lazy attention spans, and it wastes time while ruining songs.

:bunk:

JUST RAP, SON
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:What bothers me most is his insistent need to repeat lines that aren't very notable for the sake of emphasis
Rap is outta control.

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Philaflava wrote:I am never bored of Kanye backlash. Album will ultimately fail because a)it doesn't have the right people involved b)its not innovating like driz mentioned c)his association with kim forever tarnished him.
What's your definition of failure? I have a hard time picturing the follow-up to MBDTF to be a failure, critically or sales wise, regardless of the quality of what's released.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

of course it's not gonna be a failure. it will do gangbusters
when's the last kanye album you actually really liked? watch the throne sucks. dark fantasy is so overrated. graduation is terrible besides 'can't tell me nothing'. dude is good at making singles & pretty entertaining as a celeb asshole tho. plus he deviates a little from trends (aka puts it through a $10K givenchy lens) which is good for pop music overall

DLG

Post by DLG »

:lol: @ the mcdonalds quote

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

DLG wrote::lol: @ the mcdonalds quote
FOR REAL :liljon:

iz she fur reel?

:cas:

still wack that Chief Keef is anywhere near this album :bunk:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

Skrillex, Big Sean and Kid Cudi?

That'll be good then.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

ackbar wrote:graduation is terrible besides 'can't tell me nothing'. dude is good at making singles & pretty entertaining as a celeb asshole tho.
:cheers:

Granted Ive not even heard the last few albums in full but I also dont listen to most of the old ones either. Rap Game Beyonce for a number of reasons.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Hed have been amazing if he had better people ghostwriting, stopped writing himself altogether, stacked up the guests (he was always great at this eg Gone, Drive Slow, Slow Jams) got a better team in general rather than weak clones like Cudi and past it M.O.R. rap like Com and Pusha. He coulda been the 00s Dre if he was focused on making producer albums.

step one

Post by step one »

Larry2times wrote:
ackbar wrote:graduation is terrible besides 'can't tell me nothing'. dude is good at making singles & pretty entertaining as a celeb asshole tho.
:cheers:

Granted Ive not even heard the last few albums in full but I also dont listen to most of the old ones either. Rap Game Beyonce for a number of reasons.
:leon:
Larry2times wrote: He coulda been the 00s Dre if he was focused on making producer albums.
Yup. Generally has decent beats but I cant usually tolerate the people rapping on them. Be cool if he could find an unknown that has the potential to be great in their own right and then just produce an album for them (like Dre did with Snoop).
As it is he just puts on the the past it (Jay, Pusha), the fashionable (Skrillex, Keef) and the downright shitty (Sean, Cudi)
Last edited by step one on Wed May 22, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Do remember..

Kace

Post by Kace »

There seems to be a direct correlation between Kanye's tantrums/psychotic fits and his bouts of musical creativity.

However, unlike with MBDTF, the people involved with this album suck so I haven't got my hopes up yet.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Busta Ry

Post by Busta Ry »

Has there been a tracklist released with full credits? Who are these people involved that suck (other than Kanye)?
If Big Sean is featured on every track, then, well, God help my bleeding fucking ears, but I'm not full aware right about now.

seagrams hotsauce

Kace wrote:There seems to be a direct correlation between Kanye's tantrums/psychotic fits and his bouts of musical creativity.

However, unlike with MBDTF, the people involved with this album suck so I haven't got my hopes up yet.
Like 2/3rds of the people in that graphic worked on MBDTF, though. I'll tolerate a Big Sean verse or two if it means Gunplay and Keef show up, and hopefully Daft Punk will cancel out whatever contribution Skrillex makes. The production lineup is almost irrelevant anyway considering how Kanye just Kanye-izes everything he produces anyway.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Busta Ry wrote:Who are these people involved that suck (other than Kanye)?
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

DJCommunist

Post by DJCommunist »

Kace wrote:There seems to be a direct correlation between Kanye's tantrums/psychotic fits and his bouts of musical creativity.

Yeah, I'd go out on a limb and say he definitely uses that shit for promotion. I'm always sick of Kanye being in the headlines at least a month prior to him actually releasing anything

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I hate Kanye the person as much as the next man, but I can't believe the hate his music gets. Some of it is phony avant garde bullshit, but for the most part the dude makes really good music. His 4 proper solo albums have all been good to great if you look at the songs individually. Watch The Throne was pretty fuckin dope too, despite the fact that Jay was pretty sub par on some of it (he had great moments as well). It hasn't always been Hip Hop in it's purest sense, but it's been pretty good.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

my expectations dwindle

me thinks Kanye has really quite possibly jumped the shark

he is up too high on his ego to hear criticism or mediocrity

the art is cool but not his best material

no longer evolving, just exploding

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

ackbar wrote:of course it's not gonna be a failure. it will do gangbusters
when's the last kanye album you actually really liked? watch the throne sucks. dark fantasy is so overrated. graduation is terrible besides 'can't tell me nothing'. dude is good at making singles & pretty entertaining as a celeb asshole tho. plus he deviates a little from trends (aka puts it through a $10K givenchy lens) which is good for pop music overall
shock post.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

impressive mediocrity

Employee II
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee II »

"I don't define my experience, my experience defines me."

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

DLG wrote::lol: @ the mcdonalds quote
Sounds like his attempt to recreate Nas' "Fried Chicken."

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Image >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :bow:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Word on the streets is that Kanye is actually making an attempt at re-recording Yeezus because of the lukewarm reception to the first songs? I’m not sure. I have not really heard those songs. As far as I know they aren’t on iTunes and have not been sent around. But, I think the second rumor is more feasible. And, that rumor says that Yeezy is adding some additional songs that are more commercially viable. Everything can’t be dark and gloomy songs about slaves and black skinheads. Insiders say that Kanye isn’t scared or anything. He’s just doing what he does to create the best product possible.
:killacam:

i could see this being true. i'm not impressed by the songs.

seagrams hotsauce

Yeah, two weeks before this thing goes out he's re-recording the whole thing because it's not commercially viable enough. Okay. Kanye could fart over fruityloops stock samples for 75 minutes and the shit would still go platinum

Kace

Post by Kace »

Employee II wrote:http://idolator.com/7461137/kanye-west- ... k-official

Official album artwork.
A CD-R? Very retro. Bet all the young hipster stans will go :jiz: on that one.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Kony Montana wrote:Yeah, two weeks before this thing goes out he's re-recording the whole thing because it's not commercially viable enough. Okay. Kanye could fart over fruityloops stock samples for 75 minutes and the shit would still go platinum
it's not about it going platinum. it will eventually get there.
it's about it exploding to platinum, or trickling to platinum.

they spend MAD money on Nicki Minaj. I mean, they LOSE MAD MONEY on Nicki Minaj. nothing's guaranteed with anyone. you see Lil Wayne's album sales on I Am Not A Human Being 2? A fraction of Carter IV, even though it's a superior album. Things are just different. You never know these days. Why? BECAUSE RAP IS OUTTA CONTROL :rofl:
but seriously:

'Watch the Throne' wasn't a super blockbuster album sales-wise, but it's anticipation was. it took a while to reach platinum, and didn't have huge first week numbers.

Kanye is still Top 5 in the industry, he's rap royalty, multi-millionaire, blah blah blah
but that doesn't mean this might not be a mediocre success. people hate his guts sometimes. maybe enough people are not impressed enough to counter the fans who love it, and it's not astounding enough to be more than hot for a few weeks, then on to the next thing for 2013 (Nas, Wu-Tang, Drake, etc.)

it's not inconceivable that Kanye West's ego got the best of him this time around. we shall see if he's really YEEZUS or if its 'WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE" *hov*

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »