Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sebastion Shaw

Re: Lord Jamar vs. Yelawolf

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

Only way HipHop would remain strictly black music is if you could be persecuted for doing it and had to sneak around doing it for fear of being lynched or hosed down like black folks used to go thru just for being black. That's the only time that white folks would say "nah that's black stuff and we ain't doing it" lmao!

Racism exists in subtle ways. I remember seeing kids whose mom had bought them Eminems Marshall Mathers LP but wouldn't buy them "HipHop" only Eminem. Not knowing that what dude was spewing on those records was more heinous than most black artists at the time, but it was all good cuz it was a white dude with blonde hair on the cover.

What Necro doesn't understand is that although he had the choice to hang out in the projects if he wanted, he also has worlds of opportunities not available to black kids. He can choose to rap or he can throw a suit on and go into an office building to get a job. Even if Kool G Rap cleaned himself up and threw the same suit on, with the same qualifications Necro would be looked at as the better candidate. It is Amerikkka regardless of how thugged out he wants to act or cuss or do whatever.

I've made jokes about it before. White rappers and producers can throw their "HipHop uniform" on partake in the culture and do what they want, but I've seen some of those same kids put they suits on and shave then totally forget about anything to do with HipHop and assimilate right into the upper middle class with ease. Most blacks can't do that and white artists need to continue to pay homage to the origins and the culture. Shit ain't never been equal and will probably never be. No one should be offended by what Lord Jamar is saying. The origins of the culture are clearly defined. No matter how you grew up or how down you are you can't change the origin.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Lord Jamar's main point was about how the LGBT community is pushing their agenda on hiphop, Macklemore's race was just a side issue to all of this. Yet EVERYONE is discussing race instead of homosexuality cause race is a 'safer' subject these days (say ONE word against the gay lobby and they CRUCIFY you).

But if you start talking about black population control your're immediately a conspiracy theorist.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

Sebastion Shaw wrote:Even if Kool G Rap cleaned himself up and threw the same suit on, with the same qualifications Necro would be looked at as the better candidate.
yeah, it's "white privilege".
unrelated is how rap has a "male privilege" to it, also. 9 times out of 10, i don't want to hear a female rapper.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

I bet Lord Jamar fucks dudes when nobody is looking.
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Req

Post by Req »

Kace wrote:Lord Jamar's main point was about how the LGBT community is pushing their agenda on hiphop, Macklemore's race was just a side issue to all of this. Yet EVERYONE is discussing race instead of homosexuality cause race is a 'safer' subject these days (say ONE word against the gay lobby and they CRUCIFY you).
Dude we get it, you think gays are icky. Please don't hide behind words like "agenda" and "lobby." They don't make your homophobia look any smarter.
F.U. MOOLAH

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

In what world is race a 'safer' subject than LGBT rights?
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

Kace

Post by Kace »

Req wrote:
Kace wrote:Lord Jamar's main point was about how the LGBT community is pushing their agenda on hiphop, Macklemore's race was just a side issue to all of this. Yet EVERYONE is discussing race instead of homosexuality cause race is a 'safer' subject these days (say ONE word against the gay lobby and they CRUCIFY you).
Dude we get it, you think gays are icky. Please don't hide behind words like "agenda" and "lobby." They don't make your homophobia look any smarter.
Dude we get it, you think gay rights are the new fad (the media and Obama say it is so it must be hip right?). Please don't hide behind words like "homophobia". They don't make your pretentious self-righteousness look any better.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

Req

Post by Req »

Kace wrote:the media and Obama
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

literally jumped the shark into Fox News territory.

DEM GAYS IS TRYNA TEK MAH JESUS
F.U. MOOLAH

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Kace wrote:
Req wrote:
Dude we get it, you think gay rights are the new fad (the media and Obama say it is so it must be hip right?). Please don't hide behind words like "homophobia". They don't make your pretentious self-righteousness look any better.
:wtf:
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Kace

Post by Kace »

Kony Montana wrote:In what world is race a 'safer' subject than LGBT rights?
Take the Zimmerman case for example. Imagine if Trayvon was a gay white boy. His killer would be frying in the electric chair. There would be no endless stream of disgusting insults and death threats against the victims supporters.

Gays in America don't have it that hard. I bet there's much more discrimination against Blacks, Latinos and Jews than there against gays.

Anyway, bottom line is that gay rights simply is not something that should be talked about in hiphop. It can coexist OUTSIDE of hiphop. Why do LGBT activists have to stick their nose into everything?

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Kace wrote: Anyway, bottom line is that gay rights simply is not something that should be talked about in hiphop.
why not?
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Req

Post by Req »

Kace wrote:Take the Zimmerman case for example. Imagine if Trayvon was a gay white boy. His killer would be frying in the electric chair. There would be no endless stream of disgusting insults and death threats against the victims supporters.
lolwat. The fucking President of the United States intervened....
Kace wrote:Gays in America don't have it that hard. I bet there's much more discrimination against Blacks, Latinos and Jews than there against gays.
LOL, what is this, the fucking Oppression Olympics?
Kace wrote:Anyway, bottom line is that gay rights simply is not something that should be talked about in hiphop. It can coexist OUTSIDE of hiphop. Why do LGBT activists have to stick their nose into everything?
Guaranteed this the type of dude to go super saiyan mad when he sees two guys holding hands in a State Farm commercial.

BOYCOTT MODERN FAMILY YALL.
F.U. MOOLAH

Kace

Post by Kace »

Req wrote:

LMAO Fox News? First, I'm Atheist (SHOCKER :ohsh: ). Second, I don't watch any 'news' on TV and republicans disgust me, bunch of cavemen braindead zombies. Get a clue, just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Same sex marriage is fine and I'm all for equal rights. Just don't talk about it in hiphop.

Do you support the idea that hiphop from now on should be about feminism, gay rights, pacifism, fluffy bunnies? We might as well take any form of competion out of hiphop too, because that is 'evil' and only leads to individualism and selfishness.

Damn I'm talking to a bunch of :ohcanada: here.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Kace wrote:
Req wrote:

LMAO Fox News? First, I'm Atheist (SHOCKER :ohsh: ). Second, I don't watch any 'news' on TV and republicans disgust me, bunch of cavemen braindead zombies. Get a clue, just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Same sex marriage is fine and I'm all for equal rights. Just don't talk about it in hiphop.

Do you support the idea that hiphop from now on should be about feminism, gay rights, pacifism, fluffy bunnies? We might as well take any form of competion out of hiphop too, because that is 'evil' and only leads to individualism and selfishness.

Why should these things not be talked about in hip hop? Why should anything be off limits? because user "Kace" from the online forum Philaflava says so?

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Indivisual wrote:
Kace wrote:
Req wrote:

Why should these things not be talked about in hip hop? Why should anything be off limits?
LOL yeah. Explain this to me too. Especially the part that I bolded about "not talking about equal rights in hip hop."

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Ye are missing the real lulz
Kace wrote:I don't watch any 'news' on TV
Kace aint no zionist media puppet, wake up white ppl and watch real infowars and davidicke.com news on the internet

step one

Post by step one »

Kace wrote: Why do LGBT activists have to stick their nose into everything?
:pause:
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Unless Jamar and Yela both fight, at this point, its a boring argument with two different points of view. Still, the best thing to come out of this is that Necro and Kool G Rap interview.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Kace

Post by Kace »

step one wrote:
Kace wrote: Why do LGBT activists have to stick their nose into everything?
:rofl:

Kace

Post by Kace »

Echo Leader wrote:
Indivisual wrote:
Kace wrote:
Req wrote:

Why should these things not be talked about in hip hop? Why should anything be off limits?
LOL yeah. Explain this to me too. Especially the part that I bolded about "not talking about equal rights in hip hop."
Of course I'm talking about equal GAY rights here. Hiphop never was about that. Why should that suddenly change now? Because hipsters want this?
Indivisual wrote:
Why should these things not be talked about in hip hop? Why should anything be off limits? because user "Kace" from the online forum Philaflava says so?
It's not just my opinion, 90% of rappers think so too.
Last edited by Kace on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

'Cause rap music that stays "true to the kulcha" always turns out great, right?

W/e tho. Bottom line is that this is more or less attention grabbing behavior by Jamar, a dude whose artistic impact (not INFLUENCE, mind you, before any of you have a seizure) has definitely waned in the past 10 years. I think it's funny that XL8R started covering sissy bounce with that Dre Skull mix & photo spread 5 years ago no one said a damn thing, and those dudes are rapping about cross-dressing and swooping a woman's man. (They've also been around since the late '90's, when Jamar was still a commercially viable rapper). But when a white dude makes a largely forgettable, harmless, radio-friendly song about marriage equality, it becomes a vast gay Illuminati conspiracy. GTFOH.

LOL @ "pushing an agenda." This is all very, very stupid.

Rob Sonic

Post by Rob Sonic »

How have I never seen that video for Hip Hop Live I had no Idea HIP HOP was initials for so many things, especially the chemistry stuff.
NICE CAT!

seagrams hotsauce

Post by seagrams hotsauce »

Kace wrote:
Of course I'm talking about equal GAY rights here. Hiphop never was about that. Why should that suddenly change now? Because hipsters want this?
Indivisual wrote:
Hip Hop was never about Instagram, but that's become a relevant thing in society, so people rap about it. Pretty simple stuff. At no point did the 'hipster lobby' come around and say "now now, we like your threatening black people music, but lay off the homos or else we won't buy it!" Rap changed from within, not as a result of external pressures to be more politically correct.

Gay people make you uncomfortable, I get that. A lot of guys are less than firm in these areas, so I can get why you'd feel threatened by something kind of foreign to you, but it's sad that you associate equality and feminism with being weak.
Gucci Condoms wrote:I'm a "convicted rapist" tho

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

hip hop been gay

step one

Post by step one »

Kony Montana wrote:
Gay people make you uncomfortable, I get that. A lot of guys are less than firm in these areas, so I can get why you'd feel threatened by something kind of foreign to you
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ackbar wrote:hip hop been gay
FOUNDING FATHER
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kace

Post by Kace »

Kony Montana wrote:
Kace wrote:
Indivisual wrote:
Hip Hop was never about Instagram, but that's become a relevant thing in society, so people rap about it. Pretty simple stuff. At no point did the 'hipster lobby' come around and say "now now, we like your threatening black people music, but lay off the homos or else we won't buy it!" Rap changed from within, not as a result of external pressures to be more politically correct.

Gay people make you uncomfortable, I get that. A lot of guys are less than firm in these areas, so I can get why you'd feel threatened by something kind of foreign to you, but it's sad that you associate equality and feminism with being weak.
Nah man, we've all known for years that Afrika Bambaataa, Mr Cee and Erick Sermon are gay or bi or whatever. I don't care, they are pioneers of hiphop and deserve every respect they can get. They never felt the need to rap about it though, why should that change now? Then the whole 'coming out thing' became hip and look were that lead to, that Ebro guy embarassing Mr Cee making him cry on radio.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Kace wrote:
Kony Montana wrote:In what world is race a 'safer' subject than LGBT rights?
Take the Zimmerman case for example. Imagine if Trayvon was a gay white boy. His killer would be frying in the electric chair. There would be no endless stream of disgusting insults and death threats against the victims supporters.

Gays in America don't have it that hard. I bet there's much more discrimination against Blacks, Latinos and Jews than there against gays.

Anyway, bottom line is that gay rights simply is not something that should be talked about in hiphop. It can coexist OUTSIDE of hiphop. Why do LGBT activists have to stick their nose into everything?

yer a fag
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Pimp C rolling in the grave like a pudding

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I have to admit, he knows how to stay in the news.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -anything-

Lord Jamar Says White People "Don't Create Anything"

by Soren Baker

Exclusive: Lord Jamar also says we are heading in a direction where it will "seem odd for a black man to do Hip Hop."

In September, Lord Jamar said that Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ "Same Love” pushed an agenda that he did not approve of. In a new, exclusive interview with HipHopDX, the Brand Nubian rapper says that he doesn’t think that a White rapper should push an agenda that goes against the principles upon which Hip Hop culture was founded.

“As a White person, who is a guest to the house of Hip Hop, you don't have the right, okay, to come in and try to decide where this shit should go,” Lord Jamar says during an exclusive interview with HipHopDX. "Make a Rock song saying that. Make some EDM shit promoting that. Like don't try to use our vehicle, our vehicle that we created, to promote some shit that you know we don't fuck with. That's all I'm saying.

"I'm not saying White people can't make Hip Hop,” Lord Jamar continues. "I'm not saying you can't talk about pretty much what you want to talk about, but then again, there are boundaries to everything. If I'm making wine, I can't just put fucking beer in there and call it wine. It's no longer wine. It's something else. Don't try to tell me that, ‘Oh, Hip Hop is self expression.' Yeah Hip Hop is self-expression. It is all those things. You're right. But, everything has its parameters, and to say that Black people don't own this music is ridiculous. All cultures want to highlight their accomplishments and there's nothing wrong with that."

Lord Jamar says that he takes issue with the fact that things created by Black people are appropriated by White people, a practice that has taken place, in music in particular, since Black people arrived in the United States.
“They [White people] don't create anything,” Lord Jamar says. "Look at all the remakes they did. Look at all the remakes they did with movies. They're not creative. We've come up with how many different genres of music as long as we've been here, in America? And they've stolen damn-near every one, to the point [where] now it seems odd for a Black man to do Rock & Roll or Country music, when the banjo is an African instrument. They just added a few more strings. Like, knock it off. And that's where Country music comes from, and then Blues and all that type of shit. Rock & Roll was a slang for fuckin' that we came up with. Okay? And so now it seems odd, and so how many years in the future will it seem odd for a black man to do Hip Hop, the way it's going? You see what I'm saying? But what will we do? What we always do. We'll come up with some other fucking shit that'll intrigue you. Some whole next kind of music that'll have you like, 'Oh my God. How did you do that?' And you'll try to shit on it at first the way you did with Hip Hop and then when you see that it's relentless, then you'll try to co-opt it."