Common - The Dreamer / The Believer Album

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Ironically, Nas murdered Common on his own shit on this album.

Seeing how far apart they were stylistically showed me that Com just doesn't have the heart for rapping that he once did.

I should have known. THE ANSWER IS -ALWAYS- NASIR. :rofl:
Nas is my favorite rapper so i could never dispute anything hyping him up but you're just hating on Common and unable to give him an objective listen at this point...thats where i was when Be dropped. To this day i still dont dig that as much as everyone else does, tho i admit its good for what it is.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

A Kid wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Ironically, Nas murdered Common on his own shit on this album.

Seeing how far apart they were stylistically showed me that Com just doesn't have the heart for rapping that he once did.

I should have known. THE ANSWER IS -ALWAYS- NASIR. :rofl:
Nas is my favorite rapper so i could never dispute anything hyping him up but you're just hating on Common and unable to give him an objective listen at this point...thats where i was when Be dropped. To this day i still dont dig that as much as everyone else does, tho i admit its good for what it is.
nah, I just am not really feeling what Common is doing this year.

'Blue Sky' was cool. 'Sweet' was overrated, and lyrically was shit. Plus I was offended by that ignorant chorus and sub-par lyrics that almost ruined the song's awesome beat, and that was BEFORE I knew he was throwing cheap subliminal shots at Drake for no reason better than petty jealousy. Then this third single came out, 'Raw', and I almost laughed at how lazy some of the lyrics are on it. Common is not thinking of the same witty rhymes he used to right now. I never fully give up on anyone, but this year, Common took one step up from the debacle of 'Universal Mind Control' and the incompleteness of 'Finding Forever'... but still, I ain't feeling e'ything my homie is doing in 2011.

"If I don't like it, I don't like it/ that don't mean that I'm hating" - Common

and NOBODY is able to give something a completely objective listen. We are always tainted by our own ears and eyes. But I do gotta give the album a good one-through.

'Be' is an awesome Common album. Dude sounded like he WANTED to rap, not like he HAD to. I think Rashid Lynn would rather be on a movie set in 2012, than in a studio in front of a microphone...

peace
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Kid

Post by A Kid »

so basically you're just mad he went at Canada's favorite handi-man?