Cage-Nothing Left to Say [prod. by El-P] off Depart From ME

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

intuition wrote:nice edit puto. drop it. you're looking real desperate right now.
:arrow:

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Employee wrote:
Hustleuffagus wrote:Believe it or not I genuinely think you are a terrible rapper, and as old as you are, and as long as you have been on here, I am rather shocked you haven't called it a day. That's all. Other than that, its all on the cool.
You've essentially cemented your Uber-Faggerino status at this point, Chief Colorado.

Chances are you A) Suffer from spine-tingling penis envy, B) Spent well over $3,000 on a Pro Tools home set up only to realize you can't operate any piece of electronic gear more complex than an Atari and Dids is a better rapper than you, C) Were summarily rejected from the posse cut for scribing lyrics so profusely gay even Sebastian gets Busy appears masculine next to you or D) When you heard the news of Chris Brown assaulting Rhianna you self-stretched your forehead in a show of solidarity with abused women the world over.
Employee: you are a bedroom producer am I correct? Seriously dude, keep sonning people via message board. Like I said, I am outta here for good at 4k. It was my plan when I hit 3k, and I am sticking to it. That's only a few posts away. I am sure you will be here at 40K, still throwing arrows and handing down .jpg disses and gross exaggerations or complete fabrications for the masses to giggle at. Chances are you were picked on as a child. I think most of the trollz on here who seem to be omnipresent and like to get a rise out of every poster probably were. Cause seriously, any dude who didn't have a lot of rage and very little social life wouldn't spend his time trying to provoke others constantly. The thing is, those who actually give a shit deserve it, and its usually pretty goddamn funny. I don't own a pro tools set nor do I really waste my time with rap at this point. I do have an MPC and I do make beats. I also play guitar, bass, and piano and I have for years. I've been in several bands as well. I never submitted anything for the posse cut. Funny stuff though.

the R

Post by the R »

how is the song about camu
i realize im not getting some kind of metaphor here

edit: was listening to the wrong song
Last edited by the R on Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Hustleuffagus wrote:
Employee wrote:
Hustleuffagus wrote:Believe it or not I genuinely think you are a terrible rapper, and as old as you are, and as long as you have been on here, I am rather shocked you haven't called it a day. That's all. Other than that, its all on the cool.
You've essentially cemented your Uber-Faggerino status at this point, Chief Colorado.

Chances are you A) Suffer from spine-tingling penis envy, B) Spent well over $3,000 on a Pro Tools home set up only to realize you can't operate any piece of electronic gear more complex than an Atari and Dids is a better rapper than you, C) Were summarily rejected from the posse cut for scribing lyrics so profusely gay even Sebastian gets Busy appears masculine next to you or D) When you heard the news of Chris Brown assaulting Rhianna you self-stretched your forehead in a show of solidarity with abused women the world over.
Employee: you are a bedroom producer am I correct? Seriously dude, keep sonning people via message board. Like I said, I am outta here for good at 4k. It was my plan when I hit 3k, and I am sticking to it. That's only a few posts away. I am sure you will be here at 40K, still throwing arrows and handing down .jpg disses and gross exaggerations or complete fabrications for the masses to giggle at. Chances are you were picked on as a child. I think most of the trollz on here who seem to be omnipresent and like to get a rise out of every poster probably were. Cause seriously, any dude who didn't have a lot of rage and very little social life wouldn't spend his time trying to provoke others constantly. The thing is, those who actually give a shit deserve it, and its usually pretty goddamn funny. I don't own a pro tools set nor do I really waste my time with rap at this point. I do have an MPC and I do make beats. I also play guitar, bass, and piano and I have for years. I've been in several bands as well. I never submitted anything for the posse cut. Funny stuff though.

U IDNT GUNNA RETYRE YO!

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

hey six foot six awkward white bronco fan man....what happened? u used to be chill. calm down, buddy.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Hustleuffagus wrote: Employee: you are a bedroom producer am I correct?
:naswtf:
Hustleuffagus wrote:Seriously dude, keep sonning people via message board. Like I said, I am outta here for good at 4k. It was my plan when I hit 3k, and I am sticking to it. That's only a few posts away. I am sure you will be here at 40K, still throwing arrows and handing down .jpg disses and gross exaggerations or complete fabrications for the masses to giggle at. Chances are you were picked on as a child. I think most of the trollz on here who seem to be omnipresent and like to get a rise out of every poster probably were. Cause seriously, any dude who didn't have a lot of rage and very little social life wouldn't spend his time trying to provoke others constantly. The thing is, those who actually give a shit deserve it, and its usually pretty goddamn funny. I don't own a pro tools set nor do I really waste my time with rap at this point. I do have an MPC and I do make beats. I also play guitar, bass, and piano and I have for years. I've been in several bands as well. I never submitted anything for the posse cut. Funny stuff though.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

the R wrote:how is the song about camu
i realize im not getting some kind of metaphor here
Well he does say "Live through Camu"...but doesn't seem so much about Camu but more about someone else who did some foul shit after Camu passed. Maybe he is talking about himself actually.

rooski

Post by rooski »

LilLeftBrain wrote:yeah, expected these to be a little better
still dope, though
:cheers:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Cage's rap style has evolved yet again. People sleep on his evolution as a vocalist. He's sharp as fuck, and this is even more expansive than he's ever been.
Word to this song, it's ill as fuck.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Employee wrote:
Hustleuffagus wrote: Employee: you are a bedroom producer am I correct?
:naswtf:
Hustleuffagus wrote:Seriously dude, keep sonning people via message board. Like I said, I am outta here for good at 4k. It was my plan when I hit 3k, and I am sticking to it. That's only a few posts away. I am sure you will be here at 40K, still throwing arrows and handing down .jpg disses and gross exaggerations or complete fabrications for the masses to giggle at. Chances are you were picked on as a child. I think most of the trollz on here who seem to be omnipresent and like to get a rise out of every poster probably were. Cause seriously, any dude who didn't have a lot of rage and very little social life wouldn't spend his time trying to provoke others constantly. The thing is, those who actually give a shit deserve it, and its usually pretty goddamn funny. I don't own a pro tools set nor do I really waste my time with rap at this point. I do have an MPC and I do make beats. I also play guitar, bass, and piano and I have for years. I've been in several bands as well. I never submitted anything for the posse cut. Funny stuff though.
:lol:

come on now, you can do better than that. And really, your value as a posters lies in the fact that you've devoted your life to this place and to fucking with people (at the expense of everything else in your life), not your opinion on hip hop. You listen to Anticon for christ sakes.

Anyhow, its official. Peace to :phila:. It was my plan to do a retirement thread with about 60 mixes I made. I never completely finished them, and I have exams to take care of this week. This seems as good of thread as any to say peace ya'll. :cheers:
Last edited by Sucka Ducka on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Whether or not I would be able to digest an entire album of this at least Cage is trying something unique. You're a fool if you think he isn't spitting on this. We get it: Anticon and, to a lesser extent, Def Jux are fashionable to crap on.

Kudos to Cage for coloring outside the lines.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

great songs

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Really does kill that last verse on the Camu song
I'm always impressed with Cage's solo stuff.

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

Employee wrote:Whether or not I would be able to digest an entire album of this at least Cage is trying something unique. You're a fool if you think he isn't spitting on this. We get it: Anticon and, to a lesser extent, Def Jux are fashionable to crap on.

Kudos to Cage for coloring outside the lines.
well put. im interested to hear how the rest of this album comes off. maybe the only rap album i play this year.

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

very dope tracks. Cage is dope. Who gives a fuck how he dresses the dude is a talented artist who has consistently dropped good music.

it doesn't matter if PF forum posters don't dig his music because tons upon tons of people all over love Cage, which is why he lives off of his talent and you sit at a desk job and critique him for free.

" Depart From Me" should be excellent.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

catfish hunter wrote:maybe the only rap album i play this year.

:arrow:

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

HustleCrowe wrote: which is why he lives off of his talent and you sit at a desk job and critique him for free.
Which is basically what you just did, minus the desk job.

:arrow: :arrow:

vinylpops

Post by vinylpops »

Feeling this song.

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

I'm not too into "I Never Knew You," but I dig "Nothin Left to Say." I have to continue the echo chamber and say that the final verse there is the most intense I've ever heard Cage. Great record.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

el-p can craft some amazing shit

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

I've sat down and properly listened to Nothing Left to Say and I have to say it's a pretty good track.

DLG

Post by DLG »

nothing jaw dropping, hope the album is more interesting.

Mestizo

Post by Mestizo »

Man dunno if its his work ethic or El-p's, but Cages shit always sounds like (to me), he works hard on making actual well arranged songs.
I dig it, dude can rap.
http://twitter.com/MESTIZO125 www.myspace.com/mestizoid

"I'ma Pisces, but I'd rather be a killer whale..."

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

service wrote:Never cared for Cage, and neither of these songs are changing that. I never understood the appeal of El-P either, so I guess that should be no surprise.

and not that I really care to join the offtopic argument, but I thought intuition's album was good, even great. I only knew it existed because of the Thun endorsement, but I checked it out and it ended up getting a ton of burn from me. I would buy an intuition album way before I would ever buy a Cage record.
:err:

you ever listen to movies for the blind or leak bros?

you must be on drugs...or not be on drugs...whatevers funnier

Chale Holmes

Post by Chale Holmes »

not my cup of tea but dude can definetly rap! Props.

And ROFL at hustleuFAGus saying he is out of here for good at 4k.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I was actually surprised with the songs. I thought he was going to go in a whole other direction, but I was wrong.

I am kind of excited to here the rest of this now.

Lid

Post by Lid »

artMajor wrote:
service wrote:Never cared for Cage, and neither of these songs are changing that. I never understood the appeal of El-P either, so I guess that should be no surprise.

and not that I really care to join the offtopic argument, but I thought intuition's album was good, even great. I only knew it existed because of the Thun endorsement, but I checked it out and it ended up getting a ton of burn from me. I would buy an intuition album way before I would ever buy a Cage record.
:err:

you ever listen to movies for the blind or leak bros?

you must be on drugs...or not be on drugs...whatevers funnier
or nighthawks.... niggas on the site be wildin A LOT

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

people stop being so tropical
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

maclethal

Post by maclethal »

This is hot.

El-P is a fuckin' fool for that beat. Wow.

Seems like Cage is getting at what's his name in the second verse.
A tuna that smells like pussy is better than a pussy that smells like tuna. -Anonymous

godmc

Post by godmc »

cage got mad sickwidit yo. i'm lookin' forward to the album.