Your best/worst experience at a live hip hop show

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

CHANCE RANDOM

Post by CHANCE RANDOM »

Conspiracy wrote:met Dru Ha and BUCKSHOT. The female friend of mine that got me and 5 other nextraterrestrials MCs -IN- to the show, later told us that when she went on the tourbus later that night, she fucked ALL 7 members of THE BOOT CAMP CLICK !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

best show EVER!!

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

QWALMS wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:met Dru Ha and BUCKSHOT. The female friend of mine that got me and 5 other nextraterrestrials MCs -IN- to the show, later told us that when she went on the tourbus later that night, she fucked ALL 7 members of THE BOOT CAMP CLICK !

best show EVER!!

:rofl:

EarForGoodMusic

Post by EarForGoodMusic »

Thun wrote: Anyways, one of the best concerts I've ever been to was MF Doom show at SOB's I think when he got knocked the fuck out by his hypeman.

:doom: :copy:

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

:didntread: bound

best shows:

- Edan and Insight live. Hands down, one of the best performances i've seen.

- I saw 4 of the members from Wu perform with the El Michels Affair band at XM. They traded off doing verses of so many classic Wu tracks.

-Earlier this year when I got to open for Blu & Exile. Both real cool dudes. Blu was real chill in the back and stepped on stage; killing shit.

-Also, doing the J. Dilla Tribute in July. Got to rock in front of a very receptive crowd along with the homies Kaimbr, J. Lane, Kenn Starr, Roddy Rod, J. Sands, and etc. Hosted by Grap Luva who's shown some good support. Later, Phife got up there and tore it down. One of the most packed shows I've been to in DC.

-Seeing P.O.S. for the 2nd time earlier this year with Mike Mictlan, SIMS, and Plaine Ole Bill. Traded CDs with SIMS and chopped it up with him a little before the show. And since the night went well, got some ass later that night since I had the hook up to get in.

-When Talib toured with Rhythm Roots All Stars, David Banner, and B.O.B., I was really impressed with David Banner. Don't think I see too many rappers perform on balconies, bannisters, and bars within an hour.

-Themselves (Dose & Jel) is always interesting to watch. Dose is the only rapper I've seen pick up a skull and rap to it with crazy-asss breathe control.

-Back when The Source had its good years, they sponsored a tour with Boot Camp Clik, MOP, Mic Geronimo, Organized Konfusion, and Terror Squad. They came to my school and ripped it. One of the illest highlights was when Organized Konfusion went last and did "Bring It On" and the crowd was like :ohsh:.

-In DC, there used to be this spot called Nation that had all the raver parties. Every once in a while, they did hip hop shows. One night, they had De La Soul come through. For some reason, the club decided it was a good idea to pass out glow sticks to the crowd. Kids from the crowd kept throwing the glowsticks at De La on stage and they'd throw them back every once in a while for fun. But when they were doing "En Focus", Pos got hit in the head with one and he stopped in the middle of his fast part of the verse and said "next person to throw one of those sticks is getting knocked out!". Crowd cheered and still kept throwing them every once in a while.

-All the way out in Maryland (I think in Arundel Mills), Naughty By Nature and Tribe were doing a show together. The venue looked like a warehouse and it was packed. Still enough room to move around and pretty energetic. Never seen Naughty live so I was pretty amped.

worst:

-Saw Cage recently and it wasn't the show itself; just one person who was too faded. This kid was way too wasted in the spot and ruined half of the show. Funny thing is that Cage called him out for being loud and homie jumps on stage. The owners of the spot run up on him and snatch him off the stage. Yakballz threw a drink on him and I think hit Seanie on accident while he was filming the show.

-It was my 2nd or 3rd time seeing Ghostface. It was right before The Big Doe Rehab dropped and he was with Kid Capri and Tru Life. First time I ever went to the 930 club and the sound was unbearable.

-I remember seeing Truth Hurts, Mr. Cheeks, and Pete Rock. Word is people kept getting fed up with Pete Rock not showing up in DC from previous times. Barely anyone showed up for the show.

-Last year, when I was in L.A. to perform, I got jerked around on my performance time since I wasn't a local/regular there. Two good things about it was Abstract Rude was on the bill and Percee P showed up and kicked a freestyle right before I performed. The chick throwing the event I almost felt as tyring to play me when she kept throwing other people on the list that weren't on the flyer.

-A very long long long time ago, I was bored in my hometown and decided to hit up a Nelly and Ying Yang Twins show at TSU (Tennessee State University). The Ying Tang Twins DJ, DJ Scientist, was doing these ill moves when he was spinning and people in the crowed proceeded to look :retard:. Later on, when Nelly brought up the St. Lunatics, a fight broke out in the crowd and it was rumored someone brought a gun in. The showed went on a little longer then they cut it short. Traffic was shitty getting through.

-My 2nd time seeing De La Soul at this spot 1223; they had 9th Wonder spinning there earlier on the 1's and 2's. Fight broke out in the crowd when this chick and her man were fighting with this big dude. They knocked homie down and ol' girl proceeded to kick the dude in the head with her high heels. Security dragged them out. Threw the show off a little more for me. It got better once they brought Dres from Black Sheep as a surprise.

There's more but I can't think of them just yet....
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

ardamus wrote: -In DC, there used to be this spot called Nation that had all the raver parties. Every once in a while, they did hip hop shows. One night, they had De La Soul come through. For some reason, the club decided it was a good idea to pass out glow sticks to the crowd. Kids from the crowd kept throwing the glowsticks at De La on stage and they'd throw them back every once in a while for fun. But when they were doing "En Focus", Pos got hit in the head with one and he stopped in the middle of his fast part of the verse and said "next person to throw one of those sticks is getting knocked out!". Crowd cheered and still kept throwing them every once in a while.
I was on the one that hit him.

Ok not really but I was there too. Did I go with you? Pharoahe opened that night with Mr. Complex as his hypeman.

I don't remember much of it as it was my freshman year but I remember being elated in a way that only Mindbender could explain. I swayed with delight while holding on to the strings of my backpack. All praise due KRS ONE!
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Good...

EPMD at Notting Hill Carnival 1997.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth at Jazz Caf

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

iCONtheMicKing wrote:
ardamus wrote: -In DC, there used to be this spot called Nation that had all the raver parties. Every once in a while, they did hip hop shows. One night, they had De La Soul come through. For some reason, the club decided it was a good idea to pass out glow sticks to the crowd. Kids from the crowd kept throwing the glowsticks at De La on stage and they'd throw them back every once in a while for fun. But when they were doing "En Focus", Pos got hit in the head with one and he stopped in the middle of his fast part of the verse and said "next person to throw one of those sticks is getting knocked out!". Crowd cheered and still kept throwing them every once in a while.
I was on the one that hit him.

Ok not really but I was there too. Did I go with you? Pharoahe opened that night with Mr. Complex as his hypeman.

I don't remember much of it as it was my freshman year but I remember being elated in a way that only Mindbender could explain. I swayed with delight while holding on to the strings of my backpack. All praise due KRS ONE!
Yeah, you were there; can't remember if we rolled goether though. Monch did "Thirteen" and fools in the crowd went crazy. And remember Complex was the hypeman. Nation was always a weird spot to me though. I've almost gotten arrested there over some bullshit.......
Last edited by ardamus on Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

BEST

-De La Soul
They totally killed it. Even Maseo did a solo track, rapping, that was awesome. Dove noticed that I rapped every word to every song and gave me the mic to back Pos up at one point.

-Public Enemy
Mighta been the same tour Sage was talking about because the S1Ws and Griff were there. It was in a beautiful old venue and me and teh rap homies had an opera box beside the stage. Chuck D packs volume.

-Busta Rhymes
Have seen him twice, and he is my favourite rap entertainer. Don't need Spliff Star cuz he can do it all live, but SS and him are like twin brothers up there, the chemistry is amazing.

WORST

There are too many to mention. Off the top of my head I'll say GZA, Naughty By Nature (Treach was awful, lost a gang of points in my book cuz I think he's a really underrated MC), Jeru (rapped over his lyrics), Juelz Santana, 50 Cent, and any fag who only raps half a bar at a time, and has some cronie filling in the gaps.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Thun wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote:
Followed by The Game. He's one of the best liver performers in on the mic.

Followed by Mike and Jim Jones both.
really? not even just hating, but the Game show you saw made you classify him as one of the best performers you ever seen? interesting...

he was only above average when I saw him... competent, but not spectacular.

Ironically,
the worst thing I saw, was Game strip tease the crowd. From wearing a Jay-Z spray painted shirt, to a white tee, to a wife beater, to topless, with his pants sagging down to his damn knees, he did the whole Doja bit for the crowd. Then he drank that iced tea in the Hennessey bottle and pretended he was drunk offa one swig. That was laaaame :jayz:

picking a best moment is almost impossible. When Q-Tip let me rhyme all of Phife's lyrics from 'Check the Rhime', that was pretty awesome. :cheers:
Can someone reup the photoshopped image that corresponds to this event?
Thread
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... torder=asc
dat piff wrote:Image

just the tip
Moolah wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Image

I was losing my breath in the middle, and Tip just looked me in the eyes and was like "c'mon brah, I know you can do it! keep going...", so then I finished it off, and everyone cheered. (that girl beside me got it all on video tape and I will upload it as soon as I get it)

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

hahaha, when I went to see Q-Tip / Percee P / Common, Tip did that too.

The whole night everyone around me wanted to hear 'Vivrant Thing' in a sort of joking manner. Q-Tip was killing it, and it really peaked when he finally did that song.

My favorite experience was during a previous concert with Common (I've seen him more than anyone live, but he was never the reason I went).

Best: He does this schtick where he sits on a stool & does some love songs, then picks a girl to come up on stage & sit on the stool & he fondles her. So he points down the middle center of the crowd & says "girl in the black"... except there were like 3 of them. So this really heavy girl (who was closest) goes barreling towards the front rails, and tries to get over them & it's not looking good, two guards try to help her over it, Common is :err:, then he says "no, not her, nevermind" & she gets pushed back over the rails, and the crowd roars "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH", then he picks some nice skinny girl from the left that only had to walk down a few steps to make it on stage. He blamed it on the guards for picking the wrong girl, but that was cold/hilarious.

Worst: Wu-Tang reunion tour (sadly). GZA/INS/MK sounding old/lazy, only one that really brought it was Meth & Cappa in bits. Also walking back to my car completely soaked in other peoples sweat.

CasOne

Post by CasOne »

Moolah wrote:
Thun wrote:
maclethalcuntfucker wrote:
Followed by The Game. He's one of the best liver performers in on the mic.

Followed by Mike and Jim Jones both.
really? not even just hating, but the Game show you saw made you classify him as one of the best performers you ever seen? interesting...

he was only above average when I saw him... competent, but not spectacular.

Ironically,
the worst thing I saw, was Game strip tease the crowd. From wearing a Jay-Z spray painted shirt, to a white tee, to a wife beater, to topless, with his pants sagging down to his damn knees, he did the whole Doja bit for the crowd. Then he drank that iced tea in the Hennessey bottle and pretended he was drunk offa one swig. That was laaaame :jayz:

picking a best moment is almost impossible. When Q-Tip let me rhyme all of Phife's lyrics from 'Check the Rhime', that was pretty awesome. :cheers:
Can someone reup the photoshopped image that corresponds to this event?
Thread
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... torder=asc
dat piff wrote:Image

just the tip
Moolah wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Image

I was losing my breath in the middle, and Tip just looked me in the eyes and was like "c'mon brah, I know you can do it! keep going...", so then I finished it off, and everyone cheered. (that girl beside me got it all on video tape and I will upload it as soon as I get it)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

hmmm... One oft he best shows of my youth was at Northeastern Illinois University, musta been like 98 or so, Atmosphere (Slug, you remember this one?), Souls of Mischief, Rubberoom, Rhymefest, Juice, and maybe someone else. This was around the time when Fest and Juice were beefing, and their sets followed each other. I forgot who went first (maybe Fest), but when his set ended, he shot a diss at Juice, which prompted Juice to come out and battle Fest a Capella for 10 minutes or so. It was crazy. By the time Souls got on, the spot was rocked so hard, the fucking PA blew, and those cats proceed to do 3 or 4 joints a Capella before the power came back on. Lots of classic shows back in the day in the chi, any number of the early Atmos shows at the Metro were ill, Slug in the dinosaur outfit for that one Easter (I think)... The NEIU show is what initially springs to mind, though...

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

some others:

best:

- Me and iCON raided the stage at Souls Of Mischeif a long time ago and got to freestyle; they were touring with their 3rd album at this time. I completely forgot about that until my homeboy brought it up. So, technically, we opened for them...I think.....well, iCON got me beat touring with them :cheers:.

- Beat Society with Black Milk, Freeway, and Hezekiah at this spot called Mirrors. Nuff said......

- At SXSW, I got into 3 shows for $20 with my homie who lived in Austin. Overall, we saw Atmosphere, Buck 65, Oldominion, The Beatnuts with Greg Nice, Tha Alkaholiks, Sole with Jel on the SP1200, Bavu Blakes, Tee Double, Foreign Legion, Boom Bap Project, and some other acts at a few different venues. Got the number from bi-chick that was trying to get me for a drink at the first show we went to; tried to hit but ran out of time to seal the deal = fail. Fun times......

worst:

- Mos Def was late and arrived at the 930 Club saying his plane delayed.

- Shabaam Sahdeeq was promoting his album that was out on Raptivism at this spot called Kaffa House. I just remember there almost being another fight at this spot which fucked up the vibe.

- I remember seeing Dilated Peoples without Evidence because he was sick; they were touring with Talib at the time. Show didn't feel right; definitely felt something was off.

iCONtheMicKing

Post by iCONtheMicKing »

ardamus wrote: - Me and iCON raided the stage at Souls Of Mischeif a long time ago and got to freestyle; they were touring with their 3rd album at this time. I completely forgot about that until my homeboy brought it up. So, technically, we opened for them...I think.....well, iCON got me beat touring with them :cheers:.
I sold mad cd-rs that night. I used to cake up off really bad CD-Rs on campus back then....I walked out that spot with mad loot...well it felt that way being in college...and my cousin called me tellin me she needed paper and I sent most of it to her western union.

it's a shame i was too young to get in most shows back then. What was that one party that was real big in DC back then....I think Dirty Hands spun at it and illcon productions threw it. They had Brewin with Prince Paul right when prince amongst thieves dropped... i wanted to go so bad hahaha.

memmmmoooorrriiiieeees
Internet Rapper - http://ipullrank.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

EarForGoodMusic wrote:
Thun wrote: Anyways, one of the best concerts I've ever been to was MF Doom show at SOB's I think when he got knocked the fuck out by his hypeman.

I PERFORMED THERE. Me and Eternia opened up that show, after the dude from Norway.

wow, I was in the same realm as Roger. IF ONLY I KNEW :spidey: :nut: :killacam: :naswtf: :ironmike: :doom: :gyeah: :ohsh: :cheers: :arrow: :phila: :wutang: :copy: :goldgrill:
Last edited by Mindbender Futurama on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stepfather

Post by Stepfather »

I went out to Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C. for like a year and a half and while I was out there I saw M.O.P. and when they walked out the crowd was pretty loud, then they started talking and it went something like this:

Fame: YOOOOOOO YO, YO, YO, YO I SEEN A LOTTA SHIT WHERE I'M AT...I SEEN CRACK, GUNS, BUMS, HOES AND SLUMS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I SAW TODAY COMIN' OVER TO THE ISLAND?????!!!!!!

Billy: WHAT DID YOU SEE FAAAMMMMMMMEEEEE???!!!!!

Fame: I SAW A MOTHER FUCKIN' WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLEEEE!!!!

and the entire crowd just lost it as they went into "Ante Up". It was really funny as fuck.

A MOTHER FUCKIN' WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Jizzer!!!

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Best:

Pete Rock & CL Smooth @ Jazz Cafe London, 2004.
Pete & CL sold out Jazz Cafe 3 nights in a row and absolutely smashed it, performing all the hits.

Here's some pictures:
http://runtheline.blogspot.com/2007/07/ ... mooth.html

KRS-One @ Shepherds Bush Empire London, 2005.
This was probably the best show. It's a rare treat to get a KRS show in the UK (Kris won't fly), so the Empire was packed for this. He tore it up with hit after hit after hit with the help of Rahzel and Old Skool Legend, Chief Rocker Busy Bee. Bonkers.

Here's some video footage I got:
http://runtheline.blogspot.com/2008/10/ ... -2005.html

EPMD @ Espy Melbourne, 2009.
Great show, made all the more greater by scoring a support DJ slot.

Here's some pictures and video:
http://runtheline.blogspot.com/2009/04/ ... -2009.html

Other great shows include Kane @ Scala in the early 2000s, Gangstarr foundation 'Full Clip' Tour at London Astoria and the Wu-Tang Clan Ol' Dirty Bastard Tribute Show in New York a couple of years back.

Worst:

Eminem & D12 @ LA2 London, Early 2000s.
Absolute garbage. Copped free tickets but was a major dissapointment. Show was all ages, with 8,9,10 year old running around while D12 talked about popping pills. Add to that, they had some fruit dressed up in a purple pill costume prancing around on stage. Weak.

Can-I-Bus @ Spread Love London, mid 2000s.
An appalling performance by Can-I-Bus. There's no stage at Spread Love, so his security lifted him up (mid-rap) and stood him on the DJ table so people could see the midget. You could barely hear a word he said, and after the show his security closed off the toilets while he was in there. Weird. His performance appeared all the worse considering my boys Kashmere and Ghost did a great job opening.

Outkast @ LA2 London, Early 2000s.
Another freebie, and again at LA2. Bad sound and a complete lack of onstage enthusiasm from Outkast made for probably the most boring show I've ever seen - and trust I've seen some pretty boring shows from countless no-name local acts over the years.

Nas @ Brixton Academy London, 2005.
Nas performed most of 'Illmatic', which on any other night would have had this as one of the best shows ever, but the show was completely ruined by the gun shots that were fired inside the venue mid-show- leading to the SO19s rocking up and shutting down the show. Shit was hectic as. I remember the shots licking off and then the tidal wave of people jetting for the fire exits. When the doors re-opened there were hundreds of individual shoes laying around.

Here's the video I got pre-gunshots:
http://runtheline.blogspot.com/2007/08/ ... -live.html

There used to be video footage of the moment the shots were fired, but I can't find it on Youtaube anymore.
Last edited by Mark 563 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Y@k Bollocks wrote: LOTUG, Funkdoobiest & Cypress Hill at Brixton Academy 1995ish.
I went to this show too.

I remember the opening night was reported in NME as having a riot kick-off when the doors got rushed by hundreds of fans without tickets.

We went on the closing night. LOTUG were great, as were Funkdoobiest (give or take Son Doobie running on stage naked except a flag). Cypress killed it, but had sound problems - they tried to perform 'What Come Around' 3 times with the sound fucking up. Eventually they gave up and smashed all their equipment and threw it into the crowd.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

EarForGoodMusic wrote:

I PERFORMED THERE. Me and Eternia opened up that show, after the dude from Norway.

wow, I was in the same realm as Roger. IF ONLY I KNEW :spidey: :nut: :killacam: :naswtf: :ironmike: :doom: :gyeah: :ohsh: :cheers: :arrow: :phila: :wutang: :copy: :goldgrill:
:err:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Moolah wrote:
EarForGoodMusic wrote:

I've mentioned the fact I've seen this legendary :doom: knockout many times, standing like 3 feet away. Wonder why ol' Rahj ain't never brought it up. :killacam:

FAG. :rofl: just kidding. he's weaker than a faghutt who came out the closet. at least that fhaig has BALLS. :rofl: :copy:

you guys are corny geeks, LOL. I shoulda known y'all would pull that silly shit out.

another best show was seeing the Company Flow finale on stage. Vast Aire rapped, and Breezly and J Treds and Herawin also did too. When Breezly (I think) forgot his lyrics to 'Fire In Which You Burn', they half went thru the song... then cats were like "YO, that shit is too monumental to not knock out right now!" and they started the song over, then killed it. Everyone was happier.

also seeing Bushwick Bill come out and do two songs with El-P and Mr. Dibbs in Austin Texas was pretty fucking insanely awesome.

the Busta Rhymes show I saw on Wednesday was honestly one of the worst hip hop experiences of my life. DUDE DIDN'T EVEN PERFORM HIS WHOLE VERSE FROM 'SCENARIO'. He did just over HALF of it, then shut it off. :bunk: supreme.

Him and Spliff Star are like "We've been in hip hop for TWENTY YEARS!" "Let's go in a time machine, we're gonna take you back!" I go "yay, maybe we'll get a classic poppin' off now."
Spliff Star goes "we're gonna take you back to 19 ninety....."
I say "NINETY ONE!"
He goes "FUCK THAT! NINETY SIX!"
:owens:
:copy: to the entire LONS crew.
Then what did Busta do?

THE CHORUS TO 'WOO-HAH'. ONLY THE CHORUS. Then performed that Kelis-assisted migraine 'What It Is Right Now' :wtf:

one of the worst things I ever seen, and I seen a LOT of shit.

when my heroes fail me like that, I get :nut: :spidey: :killacam: :wutang:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark 563

Post by Mark 563 »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:the Busta Rhymes show I saw on Wednesday was honestly one of the worst hip hop experiences of my life. DUDE DIDN'T EVEN PERFORM HIS WHOLE VERSE FROM 'SCENARIO'. He did just over HALF of it, then shut it off. :bunk: supreme.

Him and Spliff Star are like "We've been in hip hop for TWENTY YEARS!" "Let's go in a time machine, we're gonna take you back!" I go "yay, maybe we'll get a classic poppin' off now."
I say "NINETY ONE!"
Then what did Busta do?

THE CHORUS TO 'WOO-HAH'. ONLY THE CHORUS. Then performed that Kelis-assisted migraine 'What It Is Right Now' :wtf:

Wow, that sucks. We saw Busta in New York a couple of years back and he absolutely smashed it - performing 'Scenario', 'PTA' and a whole heap of stuff from 'The Coming'. I was really impressed with his impeccable breath control.

Futura

Post by Futura »

Moolah wrote:
EarForGoodMusic wrote:

I've mentioned the fact I've seen this legendary :doom: knockout many times, standing like 3 feet away. Wonder why ol' Rahj ain't never brought it up. :killacam:

FAG. :rofl: just kidding. he's weaker than a faghutt who came out the closet. at least that fhaig has BALLS. :rofl: :copy:

you guys are corny geeks, LOL. I shoulda known y'all would pull that silly shit out.

another best show was seeing the Company Flow finale on stage. Vast Aire rapped, and Breezly and J Treds and Herawin also did too. When Breezly (I think) forgot his lyrics to 'Fire In Which You Burn', they half went thru the song... then cats were like "YO, that shit is too monumental to not knock out right now!" and they started the song over, then killed it. Everyone was happier.

also seeing Bushwick Bill come out and do two songs with El-P and Mr. Dibbs in Austin Texas was pretty fucking insanely awesome.

the Busta Rhymes show I saw on Wednesday was honestly one of the worst hip hop experiences of my life. DUDE DIDN'T EVEN PERFORM HIS WHOLE VERSE FROM 'SCENARIO'. He did just over HALF of it, then shut it off. :bunk: supreme.

I say "NINETY ONE!"
Then what did Busta do?

snap a pic next time he is :doom:-less

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

QWALMS wrote:

best show EVER!!
i know dru ha aint fuck no broad, thats doods clearly a homo

senorhaha

Post by senorhaha »

Moolah wrote:
EarForGoodMusic wrote:

I say "NINETY ONE!"
Then what did Busta do?

he did mention it, he said he saw you rip the show and sell will high a tape, but since then you turned into a space tranny who makes unlistenable music, how did you not see that part?

crazy about bushwick and elp performing together, bushwick is the best ever

oh yeah, why did dooms hypeman knock him out? that has the be the most awesomest situation to see at a hiphop show ever

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Futura wrote:
Moolah wrote:
EarForGoodMusic wrote:

I say "NINETY ONE!"
Then what did Busta do?

snap a pic next time he is :doom:-less
Why you never seen Zev Love X?

Futura

Post by Futura »

I don't want to see him 10+ years ago

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Futura wrote:I don't want to see him 10+ years ago
:didntread:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I'm pretty sure I was at that Tribe show ardamus\

Roots constitution hall was unbelievable

Outkast ripped it in 1998 in Baltimore that was pretty dope

FURY

Post by FURY »

BEST-Beasties during Hello Nasty tour. I was tripping so hard I decided to follow them like the Grateful Dead. When I came to my senses I realized that was a really gay and expensive idea.

WORST-Doomtree a couple weeks ago in Chicago. Fell asleep. Spending 12hrs earlier in the day at Warped Tour plus not knowing one song prolly contibuted to my disinterest.