Blue Sky Black Death - "Lost and Unreleased"

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ape9

Post by ape9 »

young god wrote:
the dead poet wrote:anyone know if these dudes are still putting out that album with crooked i? I vaguely remember someone from here being friends with kingston. so maybe he'll know.

Unfortunately, that project came to a halt. We recorded a little less than an album and Babygrande gave it the red light. BTW is was with Ill bill too. Right now we're working on a hip hop compilation that we might give away for free.
weak... so interested in what it would sound like...

young god

Post by young god »

for anyone in the bay area, come check out our show tonight at Bottom of The Hill in SF. We're going to be performing with Yes Alexander doing "Slow Burning Lights" songs. Show starts at 10, with Boy In Static and Boy Eats Drum Machine opening up. This won't be a hip hop show but it's sure to be good!

tayRavage23

Post by tayRavage23 »

scotth34 wrote:can't wait til' they put together a compilation or something with a bunch of MC's....

Heap of Broken Images Disc 2 will have what your looking for.[/quote]

Too bad Disc 2 was trash. I'm a devoted BSBD fan but the rappers selected for Disc 2 Of HBI made it absolutely unlistenable.

And cosign on Halos being a great song, shame the Crooked I project fell through.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

young god wrote:for anyone in the bay area, come check out our show tonight at Bottom of The Hill in SF. We're going to be performing with Yes Alexander doing "Slow Burning Lights" songs. Show starts at 10, with Boy In Static and Boy Eats Drum Machine opening up. This won't be a hip hop show but it's sure to be good!
Damn, I gotta catch a show if I end up flying out up there in December. Taking full advantage of Virgin America.

:pause:

:pedodids:

max prime

Post by max prime »

damn this compilation is sick. been bumping it for 2 weeks straight

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

thanks employee

SeanieCameras

Post by SeanieCameras »

^^^^This, is the best news of my day! Much, much, appreciated!

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Blue Sky Black Death - "Lost and Unreleased"

Post by Employee »

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

can someone re-up this?

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

https://fakefour.bandcamp.com/album/anthropocene-blues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blue Sky Black Death is a name that pulses throughout the underground hip-hop community. The production duo is widely credited with being architects of the popular “cloud rap” sound. Now, Young God, one half of this innovative team, is releasing a boundary-pushing body of instrumental work under the alias Televangel, entitled “Anthropocene Blues.” Much like the cinematic style he created with his partner Kingston in BSBD, Televangel combines haunting and ambient sounds with atmospheric, melancholy arrangements and carefully-placed drums. The end result is more reminiscent of post-rock such as Godspeed You Black Emperor! than any hip-hop artist. Televangel plays every instrument heard on the album, making “Anthropocene Blues” a cohesive soundtrack that is much more than a beat tape. Anthropocene Blues will be released October 26th, 2018 on Fake Four Inc.