Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:Yawn so Murs also catched up on riding the gay rights fad? So just because it's a hype now everybody hops on (nh) board the bandwagon?

But hey, if it makes them feel all self-righteous and full of themselves, who am I to judge right?
:jaz:
You mad bro?
LOL. You threatened by two men passionately french kissing, bro?
No I'm pointing out hypocrisy. All these years nobody cared about gay people. Where were all these so-called 'compassionate and tolerant' people back then?

And just because the media has decided now to make campaigning for gay rights hip and fashionable, all of a sudden everybody starts caring. That's herd mentality.
:larry:

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:Yawn so Murs also catched up on riding the gay rights fad? So just because it's a hype now everybody hops on (nh) board the bandwagon?

But hey, if it makes them feel all self-righteous and full of themselves, who am I to judge right?
:jaz:
You mad bro?
No I'm pointing out hypocrisy. All these years nobody cared about gay people. Where were all these so-called 'compassionate and tolerant' people back then?

And just because the media has decided now to make campaigning for gay rights hip and fashionable, all of a sudden everybody starts caring. That's herd mentality.
word. what a dick for perhaps having an opinion that has evolved or formed over time. he should totes go back to ignoring shit like this and just rap about the same exact shit he did when he was 19. or 25. evolving as a person or in your understanding of things is so gay.

Kace

Post by Kace »

ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote: :jaz:
You mad bro?

word. what a dick for perhaps having an opinion that has evolved or formed over time. he should totes go back to ignoring shit like this and just rap about the same exact shit he did when he was 19. or 25. evolving as a person or in your understanding of things is so gay.
If Murs was gay himself it would be okay.

See at least when Frank Ocean makes a song about loving another man it's coming from his heart. It's honest and not pretentious or preachy. THAT I appreciate.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Kace wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote: You mad bro?

See at least when Frank Ocean makes a song about loving another man it's coming from his heart. It's honest and not pretentious or preachy. THAT I appreciate.
ahhh. so its empathy thats gay. got it.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Kace wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote:
Kace wrote: You mad bro?

Are you conflicted over the feelings you have for other men?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Kace, I think you may want to read this.
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/07/09/mur ... yle-video/
ג€œAnimal Style is a song I did for many reasons,ג€ Murs explains. ג€œThe first was to be an advocate for people close to me who are out, and those who have yet to come out. Itג€™s also a love song, which is nothing new for me. But with this one I wanted to challenge the listener to ask themselves: Is the love shared by two people of the same gender, really that different than the love I have for my partner of the opposite sex? And finally, I just felt it was crucial for some of us in the hip hop community to speak up on the issues of teen suicide, bullying, and the overall anti-homosexual sentiment that exist within hip hop culture. I felt so strongly about these issues and this song that I had to do a video that would command some attention, even if it makes some viewers uncomfortable. Even if it came at the cost of my own comfort.ג€
And to be fair, Love And Rockets did come out before Frank Ocean came out of the closet. Just sayin'.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

ardamus wrote:Kace, I think you may want to read this.
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/07/09/mur ... yle-video/
ג€œAnimal Style is a song I did for many reasons,ג€ Murs explains. ג€œThe first was to be an advocate for people close to me who are out, and those who have yet to come out. Itג€™s also a love song, which is nothing new for me. But with this one I wanted to challenge the listener to ask themselves: Is the love shared by two people of the same gender, really that different than the love I have for my partner of the opposite sex? And finally, I just felt it was crucial for some of us in the hip hop community to speak up on the issues of teen suicide, bullying, and the overall anti-homosexual sentiment that exist within hip hop culture. I felt so strongly about these issues and this song that I had to do a video that would command some attention, even if it makes some viewers uncomfortable. Even if it came at the cost of my own comfort.ג€
And to be fair, Love And Rockets did come out before Frank Ocean came out of the closet. Just sayin'.
I do kinda get what Kace is saying. But I also understand having an evolving opinion.

Kace

Post by Kace »

ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
Employee wrote: LOL. You threatened by two men passionately french kissing, bro?

No I said it's pretentious and preachy.

Like I said before, it's a fad. Hyped up by the media. Just like the Arab Spring fad or the Kony 2012 fad.
Last edited by Kace on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

Kace wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote:
ALASKA wrote:
Kace wrote: No I'm pointing out hypocrisy. All these years nobody cared about gay people. Where were all these so-called 'compassionate and tolerant' people back then?

No I said it's pretentious and preachy.

Why do you have to label everything as 'gay'? I never used that word.
what is wrong with happy? No homonym!

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Murs has been known to jump on the bandwagon of different causes over the years though. Just sayin'.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.sw ... 0"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.sw ... 2F53266690" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>
Macklemore X Ryan Lewis - Same Love feat. Mary Lambert
From the forthcoming debut LP "The Heist", which is being independently released on 10.09.2012.

As part of a partnership with Music for Marriage Equality campaign, Sub Pop Records will release this track digitally on 7/24 and as a limited run 7" vinyl on 7/31, available through Sub Pop direct sales and http://www.subpop.com.

All proceeds will benefit marriage equality in Washington State.
http://soundcloud.com/macklemore/mackle ... lewis-same