Re: "How To Drake It In America"

Post by TheTed »

Employee wrote:
STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Drake just proved that he runs this rap shit. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

OVOFest 4 just smashed Toronto to bits once again. (oh, shoutout to Elliott Wilson, he apparently remembers YOTMB)

Okay, showtime:
Drizzy first brings The Weeknd, Big Sean and French Montana to perform at OVOFest... people are like :killacam: interesting... no more beef with Big Sean, cool. No more beef with The Weeknd either. People went fucking nuts right there.

then Drake is like "I'm gonna bring out a classic group. You ready?" :omar:

TLC comes out :ohsh: and T Boz looks thick but sweet and Chilli looks tight as hell. They do 'Waterfalls' and 'No Scrubs'
Then Lil Mama comes out for a verse

then Drake is like "I'm gonna bring out a guy who looks like me and kinda is like me" ( :larry: )

out comes J Cole. Does that 'Forbidden Fruit' song featuring Kendrick (no Kendrick) and another single

then out comes Wale (meh) and Miguel who do a few songs

DRAKE THEN IS LIKE "I SAT JUST OVER THERE IN THAT SEAT WITH MY UNCLE FOR MY FIRST CONCERT WHEN I WAS A CHILD. SO I THOUGHT I'D MAKE SOME PHONE CALLS AND MAKE THAT CONCERT HAPPEN AGAIN" (who was it?)

OUT COMES PUFF DADDY :copy:
'Victory' is rocking and he rips that shit to pieces actually. Really fucking hype performance, Diddy boppin all over

then Mase comes out and starts spitting 'Mo Money, Mo Probs' and 'Feels So Good', as he and Puffy go shiny suit stylee
Puff Daddy fucking killed shit and gave Drake nuff props and respect

next, A$AP Rocky comes out for a song (the only misplaced moment of the night)

then then rumors... then Kanye fucking West walks out to a red spotlight :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :copy:
performs 'New Slaves' fucking insanely, 'All of the Lights' fucking maniacally, then does 'Cant Tell Me Nothing' really viciously
Kanye West also said "Drake put the pressure on me and Jay-Z to make the 'Watch the Throne' album" :ohhh:

then, Drizzy made up for last year, and brought out his homie Lil Wayne
they did 'The Motto' and something else
Lil Wayne doesn't respect Toronto too much, but whatever
at least he said "I'm glad I could be even one little piece of the success that is Drake"
everyone in the entire stadium screamed the Becky line that Lil Wayne did from Motto :rofl:

then Drake performed 'Versace Versace' and then crushed the stadium with 'Started From The Bottom'.

Drake runs rap right now, for real
there is no real debate
just maybe annoyed opinions and acceptance
this was the best OVOFest since the first one with Jay-Z and Eminem

Drake apparently murked his beef with The Weeknd, Big Sean AND Kanye West all in one night. :cheers:
Toronto hip hop history has been manifested once again
thank you universe for hooking me up to this show
rap is outta control
DRIZZY IS A GOD
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

so it was basically him hosting and other people's performances getting the crowd hype?

Drake is still a huge faggot of the highest order.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Comedy Quaddafi wrote:Image
you know how we do round hurr

:leon:

I been telling fools for 10 years on Philaflava that Toronto will be the future capital of the hip hop world. It now is.

I have to do my part to share the wealth, and I'm happy to carry on tradition. I'll be doing a write up of it later, will link.

People on Twitter were like "OVOFest was better than Summerjam in NYC" and shit

I bet it was :rockout:
step one wrote:so it was basically him hosting and other people's performances getting the crowd hype?

Drake is still a huge faggot of the highest order.
:fail: no, he performed at least 10 of his songs, but I didn't feel like talking about them :sherlock:

it's a Drake and Friends concert, that's what OVOFest is
Headlines
Crew Love (The Weeknd)
Clique (Big Sean)
Mercy (Big Sean)
All Me (Big Sean)
Bad (Wale)
The Motion
Girls Love Beyonce
5AM in Toronto
I Get Lonely Too
Waterfalls (TLC)
No Scrubs (TLC w/ Lil Mama)
Nobody’s Perfect (J Cole)
Forbidden Fruit (J Cole)
Power Trip (J Cole and Miguel)
Adorn (Miguel)
Successful
Uptown
Forever
Best I Ever Had
Over
Feel So Good (Diddy and Ma$e)
Mo Money Mo Problems (Diddy and Ma$e)
Fucking Problems (ASAP Rocky)
Goldie (ASAP Rocky)
Wild For the Night (ASAP Rocky)
New Slaves (Kanye West)
All of the Lights (Kanye West)
Can’t Tell Me Nothing (Kanye West)
HYFR (Lil Wayne)
Motto (Lil Wayne)
Versace
No New Friends
Started From the Bottom
:cas: :aubrey:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote: it's a Drake and Friends concert, that's what OVOFest is
Oh. Set list for the night looks like some of the worst music released in recent memory with a few 90s bangers chucked in to please the parents of the tweens in attendance. Glad you enjoyed it.

Req

Post by Req »

not only is he the greatest rapper of all time, he is also now the greatest battle rapper of all time

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/08/drake-diss-lyrics/

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

he brought out Kanye and single handedly DESTROYED Pusha T's entire career. Album prolly just got set back 3 months. Clipse legacy all tainted. Prolly have to re-record "Grindin" with an extra Malice verse. Ayo Esco come get ya boy :lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

Pusha destroyed Pusha's career. The only thing Drake's destroying is the tub of low fat frozen yoghurt when Sex & The City 2 is on.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:not only is he the greatest rapper of all time, he is also now the greatest battle rapper of all time

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/08/drake-diss-lyrics/

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

he brought out Kanye and single handedly DESTROYED Pusha T's entire career. Album prolly just got set back 3 months. Clipse legacy all tainted. Prolly have to re-record "Grindin" with an extra Malice verse. Ayo Esco come get ya boy :lol:
:bunk: :fail: :rofl:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote: it's a Drake and Friends concert, that's what OVOFest is
Oh. Set list for the night looks like some of the worst music released in recent memory with a few 90s bangers chucked in to please the parents of the tweens in attendance. Glad you enjoyed it.
I witness music history when I'm not making music history. I'm glad I enjoyed it too :leon:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

im not gonna lie, it looked like a dope show

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:Image

im not gonna lie, it looked like a dope show
i'm not gonna lie, there was one brief moment when Diddy came out where I thought you'd love this show, ha haa

BUT THIS IS WHAT IS MOST FUCKING IMPORTANT FOR YOU ALL TO UNDERSTAND:
"You think we done? We far from done," Drake told the crowd when Rocky departed, launching into a portion of Kanye's verse from "Diamonds From Sierra Leone." He tweaked the lyrics slightly, rapping, "What up with you and 'Ye man, are ya'll OK, man?" Then came the most unbelievable moment of the night: Mr. West emerged for "New Slaves" and "All of the Lights," making the crowd go completely berserk.

The fact that Kanye West had actually showed up to OVO Fest (with all the talk that he'd been the target of Drake's "subliminal disses") was momentous enough, but how about when he began to perform "Can't Tell Me Nothin" then stopped the track to say words we couldn't believe? "As I stand in this city right now, I just want ya'll to understand that it's been a lot of rappers that came in the game that wasn't able to do something like this for their city," he said, adding. "Me and Hov would've never made Watch the Throne if this n---- wasn't putting pressure on us like that. So I just wanna pay my respects before we play this last joint."

When the initial shock wore off, fans had to digest the fan that Kanye West had just spoken on behalf of himself and Jay-Z, just short of passing the crown along to Drake. "Make some noise for the god that is Kanye West," Drake told the crowd, noting, "Despite what anybody says, this guy here is the reason I'm rapping."
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :copy:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

kanye is the reason he is rapping?
show looked dope

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

thekeentwo wrote:kanye is the reason he is rapping?
That wet fart Canadian has made his career out of jacking 808s & Heartbreak.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Let Jaz Down wrote:
I knew he jacked 808s the moment I heard So Far Gone. At least he admits it Image

and then with Take Care, Weeknd gave him nearly half of his records and influenced the entire sound of that project.

I am curious to see who drake "borrows" from next

step one

Post by step one »

still amazed that anyone other than 15 year old girls listens to him

Req

Post by Req »

"I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me
I know that showin' emotion don't ever mean I'm a pussy
Know that I don't make music for niggas who don't get pussy
So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me"

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

Req wrote:"I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me

see if that was a Jadakiss or AZ line it would sound dope but coming from this softbatch cornball read-the-lyrics-off-his-blackberry faggot that shares a house with a bunch of other dudes, its not.

When I had the misfortune of seeing Drake live he ended his show on his knees telling the chubby teenage girls who made up his front row that they were beautiful.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Escobar305 wrote:
Let Jaz Down wrote:
I knew he jacked 808s the moment I heard So Far Gone. At least he admits it Image

and then with Take Care, Weeknd gave him nearly half of his records and influenced the entire sound of that project.

I am curious to see who drake "borrows" from next
:wtf:

Drake is the fucking future, because he is smarter than everyone else.

Yes, he is influenced by others, LIKE EVERYONE IS. You gonna say T.I. or Jay-Z isn't influenced by others in rap? That's ignorant. The only person on that level who isn't that influenced by others is Eminem, and it's because he's an anomaly, a recovering drug addict and an agoraphobic.

Drake is the modern synthesis of Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye West and T.I. with his own TV-ready pretty boy image and personal story of his own, that's why he's on top of rap right now. Nobody else is as interesting, honest (with their successes, failures, growing pains, and visible flaws) or even speaking to the modern generation the same way as Drake, which is why not only the people listen to him, but ALL the mainstream major label rappers in America listen to him, and are influenced by him in some aspect or another, his audio production and the phenomenon that he's created.

Kanye sorta influenced the sound of 'So Far Gone' with '808's and Heartbreak', but Drake and 40 took it to places that Kanye DID NOT. And Kanye wasn't rhyming on '808's, Drake was rhyming around that time. And rhyming like a fucking BEAST, going bar for bar on at least 17 fucking collaboration records against Lil Wayne when Weezy was at the VERY TOP of his rhyme game. To try and take away from Drake's accomplishments is to be woefully ignorant due to preference.

You may not like his style, but to say it's not genuine is :bunk:
he's just assembling ideas of how to represent in 2013, and doing it well enough for everyone else to follow his formula
most other people just blatantly steal their entire fucking essence. Drake's at least taking inspiration, and running far with it

Future's like "i dont mind being the new bootleg watered down version of T-Pain for 2013"
2 Chainz is like "i dont mind being the bootleg version of Lil Jon mixed with Ludacris in 2013"
half the new rappers are like "i dont mind being third rate Drake/Jay-Z/Lil Wayne clones in 2013"

Drake is at least telling his life story in the context of being influenced by all the rappers he grew up loving, studying and listening to, like Kanye West, Jay-Z and T.I.
I'm no different. The reason my flows are so crazy is because I love almost everyone and I've heard almost everyone.

Drake ain't gonna borrow from nobody without adding something that's completely his own
85% of money hungry NYC rap is gonna do their best 2013 Drake impression after 'Nothing Was The Same' comes out :omar:
g'head and borrow Canada's finest... we got more :gyeah:

Drake hate now sounds like Jay-Z hate circa 2001 around Izzo times, when Hova was invincible :rofl:

step one

Post by step one »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Drake was rhyming around that time. And rhyming like a fucking BEAST, going bar for bar on at least 17 fucking collaboration records against Lil Wayne when Weezy was at the VERY TOP of his rhyme game
Neither of them are particularly good at rapping. They might be good at rapping if you're only comparing them to other Top 40 rappers who arent very good at rapping, but they arent very good at rapping. You should know this.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:Nobody else is as interesting, honest (with their successes, failures, growing pains, and visible flaws) or even speaking to the modern generation the same way as Drake, which is why not only the people listen to him, but ALL the mainstream major label rappers in America listen to him, and are influenced by him in some aspect or another, his audio production and the phenomenon that he's created.
"The people" don't listen to Drake.

This is who listens to Drake:

And

Teenage girls listen to him because they are stupid cunts.

And white men in suits listen to him to try and bank of his success.

You're fooling yourself if you think it has anything to do with "hiphop culture" or such. Drake's rise to stardom is pure business.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

STFU, Mindbender.

Your boy Audrey is a leech from a country with zero culture of its own who swaggerjacked his whole shit from 808 & Heartbreak, The Carter 3 and The Dream's trilogy of classics (and Mac Dre and IamSu! for The Motto).

He's also an industry vampire who sucks all the life out of the people's tracks he hops on (Future's Tony Montana, Migos' Versace etc).

The only reason he's successful is because teenage girls who are naive enough to believe his "hair tied, chillin' with no make-up on, that's when you're the prettiest.." bullshit buy his records, and his songs have social media-friendly soundbites for women, millennials, and casual rap listener morons.

step one

Post by step one »

Let Jaz Down wrote:STFU, Mindbender.

Your boy Audrey is a leech from a country with zero culture of its own who swaggerjacked his whole shit from 808 & Heartbreak, The Carter 3 and The Dream's trilogy of classics (and Mac Dre and IamSu! for The Motto).

He's also an industry vampire who sucks all the life out of the people's tracks he hops on (Future's Tony Montana, Migos' Versace etc).

The only reason he's successful is because teenage girls who are naive enough to believe his "hair tied, chillin' with no make-up on, that's when you're the prettiest.." bullshit buy his records, and his songs have social media-friendly soundbites for women, millennials, and casual rap listener morons.
+
Comedy Quaddafi wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:Nobody else is as interesting, honest (with their successes, failures, growing pains, and visible flaws) or even speaking to the modern generation the same way as Drake, which is why not only the people listen to him, but ALL the mainstream major label rappers in America listen to him, and are influenced by him in some aspect or another, his audio production and the phenomenon that he's created.
"The people" don't listen to Drake.

This is who listens to Drake:

And

Teenage girls listen to him because they are stupid cunts.

And white men in suits listen to him to try and bank of his success.

You're fooling yourself if you think it has anything to do with "hiphop culture" or such. Drake's rise to stardom is pure business.

Didn't Drake also bite Kendrick Lamar's flow after people got tired of Drake's pregnant-pause hashtag flow?

:rofl: @ Mindbender riding for the most shameless biter in rap of the last 5 years.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:"I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me

:fail:

kendrick spit the best verse on that album and the weeknd gave him the best records on that album.Image

weeknd make the girls pussies wet