Indie Underground Internet Advance Movement#
11%

Total votes: 71

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Re: Pick your favorite ERA in hip-hop

Post by Reason »

obvious what i picked

it's like picking between illmatic or diplomatic immunity...illmatic and ready to die vs life after death...etc.
Nets 2022

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

'93-95 East Coast Hip Hop has by and away my favorite shit, but was in my teens when the Dipset movement got real popular and got a kind a weird respect for it. Went with the Dips...

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

a vote for "sw@g hop" should be a strong ass (nh @ "strong ass") case for AUTOPERMABANT :copy: :rofl:

93 til Infinity. SO glad I was alive for that shit. :bow: the world will never be the same again. the innocent spirit of creation and self-elevation through revelation is so far gone.

Truth be told: 88 was actually also really fucking amazing. And it was also scary. They never talk about that part of the Original Golden Era. NONE OF THESE FAKE FUCKS COULD HAVE BEEN STILL A PART OF HIP HOP IN 1989 IF THEY TRIED TO GET IN THE CULTURE IN 1988, CAUSE THEY WOULDA GOT BUM RUSHED THE FUCK OUT ONE TIME (RUN THE JEWELS)

rap is officially just like jazz and rock and roll now... and also, out of control

:copy: :arrow: :pause: :copy:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Versive

Post by Versive »

Let Jaz Down wrote:Erm, the Golden-Era is officially 1986 to 1992.

It begins with singles like Ego Trippin', Eric B Is President, Peter Piper, South Bronx + It's A Demo and ends with the release of The Chronic.
According to whom? I didn't realize their was somebody officiating hip-hop.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:a vote for "sw@g hop" should be a strong ass (nh @ "strong ass") case for AUTOPERMABANT :copy: :rofl:

93 til Infinity. SO glad I was alive for that shit. :bow: the world will never be the same again. the innocent spirit of creation and self-elevation through revelation is so far gone.

Truth be told: 88 was actually also really fucking amazing. And it was also scary. They never talk about that part of the Original Golden Era. NONE OF THESE FAKE FUCKS COULD HAVE BEEN STILL A PART OF HIP HOP IN 1989 IF THEY TRIED TO GET IN THE CULTURE IN 1988, CAUSE THEY WOULDA GOT BUM RUSHED THE FUCK OUT ONE TIME (RUN THE JEWELS)

rap is officially just like jazz and rock and roll now... and also, out of control

:copy: :arrow: :pause: :copy:
you are turning into jaz bro...

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Versive wrote:

It begins with singles like Ego Trippin', Eric B Is President, Peter Piper, South Bronx + It's A Demo and ends with the release of The Chronic.
According to anyone who knows anything about rap made before 36 Chambers.

'79 to '82 : Disco band era; starts with Rapper's Delight, ends with The Message and Electro records like Planet Rock and Rockin' It.

'82 to '83 : Electro era; typified by the aforementioned 2 songs, various singles by Newcleus, Jonzun Crew and cuts like Scorpio and Message II (Survival) by Melle Mel/Furious Five.

'83 to '85 : Drum-machine era; starts with Sucker M.C's by Run DMC and includes the Run DMC debut album, It's Yours by T-La Rock, debut albums by Mantronix and LL Cool J, and various singles like Marley Marl Scratch by MC Shan, Fresh, Fly, Wild, & Bold by Coldcrush, and P.S.K/Gucci Time by Schoolly D.

'86 to '92 : Golden era; see above.
Last edited by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Let Jaz Down wrote:
Versive wrote:

According to anyone who knows anything about rap made before 36 Chambers.

'79 to '82 : Disco band era; starts with Rapper's Delight, ends with The Message and Electro records like Planet Rock and Rockin' It.

'82 to '83 : Electro era; typified by the aforementioned 2 songs, various singles by Newcleus, Jonzun Crew and cuts like Scorpio and Message II (Survival) by Melle Mel/Furious Five.

'83 to '85 : Drum-machine era; starts with Sucker M.C's by Run DMC and includes the Run DMC debut album, It's Yours by T-La Rock, debut albums by Mantronix and LL Cool J, and various singles like Marley Marl Scratch by MC Shan, Fresh, Fly, Wild, & Bold by Coldcrush[/i], and P.S.K/Gucci Time by Schoolly D.

'86 to '92 : Golden era; see above.
on point