Hiphop Is Turning Into Pop Techno Cornball Ass Music (NSFW)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

dilla7

Re: :: Hiphop Is Turning Into Pop Techno Cornball Ass Music

Post by dilla7 »

Image[/img]
Last edited by dilla7 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

prob takes some big poops :cheers:

Thun

Post by Thun »

I think the nekkid shots from the Flaming Lips video are actually Erykah's sister Nayrok. Not that I'm complaining.

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

Busta Ry wrote:Yes, people will continue to complain about new music and always think that their generation delivered a better product than the next. While in her case it may be true, you can't replace the soundtrack to your youth. Especially with techno-pop y'all
C'mon son, you gotta be able to admit that TODAY'S mainstream Hiphop & Rap and for the last how many years now does sound like "Pop Techno Cornball Ass Music". Just sayin... *shrugs*

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
Busta Ry wrote:Yes, people will continue to complain about new music and always think that their generation delivered a better product than the next. While in her case it may be true, you can't replace the soundtrack to your youth. Especially with techno-pop y'all
C'mon son, you gotta be able to admit that TODAY'S mainstream Hiphop & Rap and for the last how many years now does sound like "Pop Techno Cornball Ass Music". Just sayin... *shrugs*
But its not like everything in the underground is perfect either. Hell, a good portion of those dudes want to imitate what the fuck is going on in the mainstream and they fail miserably at it. Yeah, Badu is right about it but how you see it.....you're making it out to be that mainstream hip hop and rap is this solely. Nah, the underground has it too. Just go on datpiff, livemixtapes, and etc., and you will find a ton of these dudes trying to be whoever is hot at the time. And I mainly agree with it because some of the first few people to respond overrate some of that shit from the jump anyway......
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

ardamus wrote:But its not like everything in the underground is perfect either. Hell, a good portion of those dudes want to imitate what the fuck is going on in the mainstream and they fail miserably at it. Yeah, Badu is right about it but how you see it.....you're making it out to be that mainstream hip hop and rap is this solely. Nah, the underground has it too. Just go on datpiff, livemixtapes, and etc., and you will find a ton of these dudes trying to be whoever is hot at the time. And I mainly agree with it because some of the first few people to respond overrate some of that shit from the jump anyway......
C'mon man, most of those clowns on datpiff and livemixtapes are WANNABEES!! Not all, but most. And fuck every one of those fgts who try to be whoever is hot at the moment and copy their sound. I'm not talkin about the Mainstream WANNABEES, br0. And to me, there's not really "Underground" anymore. It's either Hiphop or it's Rap. Most of the so-called "Underground" shit is just straight up Hiphop. *shrugs*

step one

Post by step one »

WiCkEd22 wrote: C'mon man, most of those clowns on datpiff and livemixtapes are WANNABEES!! Not all, but most. And fuck every one of those fgts who try to be whoever is hot at the moment and copy their sound. I'm not talkin about the Mainstream WANNABEES, br0. And to me, there's not really "Underground" anymore. It's either Hiphop or it's Rap. Most of the so-called "Underground" shit is just straight up Hiphop. *shrugs*
SO what you mean is that there's music you like and music you don't like.

Groundbreaking

Be sure to keep us updated on future developments.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

step son wrote:So what you mean is that there's music you like and music you don't like.
Nope. There's Hiphop and there's Rap... and there's PLENTY of Hiphop that I don't like, like Atmosphere or Sage Francis or J. Cole or all kinds of others... *shrugs*

Larry2times

Re: Hiphop Is Turning Into Pop Techno Cornball Ass Music (NS

Post by Larry2times »

Wicked I genuinely would love to see lists of both categories, with explanations.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
step son wrote:So what you mean is that there's music you like and music you don't like.
Nope. There's Hiphop and there's Rap... and there's PLENTY of Hiphop that I don't like, like Atmosphere or Sage Francis or J. Cole or all kinds of others... *shrugs*
Yeah, there's what you like and what you don't like. Just keep it at that. I don't see why the fuck you would take someone else's opinion to validate your own when it seems to be a difference in it. But then again, its you Wicked......I shouldn't have expected anything less.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not complaining, but why is Erykah Badu naked and drenched in blood in the last two photos?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Spartan wrote:Not complaining, but why is Erykah Badu naked and drenched in blood in the last two photos?
Oh yeah, that was from the Flaming Lips video she did. Sparked some controversy.

step one

Post by step one »

I like Slim Thug but I'm not that keen on Lil Boosie so I take it that means Slim Thug is Hip Hop and Lil Boosie is Rap?

WiCkEd22

Post by WiCkEd22 »

ardamus wrote:
WiCkEd22 wrote:
Yeah, there's what you like and what you don't like. Just keep it at that. I don't see why the fuck you would take someone else's opinion to validate your own when it seems to be a difference in it. But then again, its you Wicked......I shouldn't have expected anything less.
I said what I said because people seem to think that if I don't like somethin then I don't think it's Hiphop. I'm sayin that's obviously not the case cuz I've never liked Atmosphere, but of course they're Hiphop.

step son wrote:I like Slim Thug but I'm not that keen on Lil Boosie so I take it that means Slim Thug is Hip Hop and Lil Boosie is Rap?

Neither one of them clowns is Hiphop, br0. Act like you already know...

step one

Post by step one »

Amazing.

oh, and its 'Hip Hop' not 'Hiphop' you dick.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

ardamus wrote:
Spartan wrote:Not complaining, but why is Erykah Badu naked and drenched in blood in the last two photos?
Oh yeah, that was from the Flaming Lips video she did. Sparked some controversy.
So is it or isnt really Badu?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

The Afronaut wrote:
ardamus wrote:
So is it or isnt really Badu?
Of course of it is, man. Where the fuck have you guys been? Shit was all over the internet.

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

:lastweek: like a mug. This is the first Ive heard about it. :ohhh:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

:hooray: to her nudes

breasts look nicer than I thought :ohhh: and areolas are :ohsh:

that asssssssssssssssssss is obviously :bow: . but that pussy looks ABSOLUTELY DEEEEELICIOUS :jerk:

hip hop needs to evolve into Erykah Badu Nkadunk Pr0n :liljon:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Googled a bit about it. How do people know who's who regarding some of those shots.? I assume Badu's sister was there as a body double, right?

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

WiCkEd22 wrote:
i thought hip hop and rap were the same thing, what have i been thinking all these years?

help me fix it WiCkeD

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

The Afronaut wrote::lastweek: like a mug. This is the first Ive heard about it. :ohhh:
yeah my nigga.....

i was :ohhh: for days when i saw her butt booty naked, too

Kace

Post by Kace »

Damn I'd hit that ass hard.

Still don't understand why Jay Electronica made that flat illuminati whore his bottom bitch though.
'I suppose everyone has their own limit, but some things you simply can never stop fighting for.'

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Kace wrote:Damn I'd hit that ass hard.

Still don't understand why Jay Electronica made that flat illuminati whore his bottom bitch though.
ya cause fat asses are rare but unlimited wealth and power are at least 3 to every block
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

It isn't her; tiddies are bigger.

http://www.ddotomen.com/2012/06/06/vide ... face-nsfw/
@FatBellyBella is seeing red over the release of this video, and it’s not the blood her sister Nayrok is covered in either. Flaming Lips recruited Badu for the feature and although sketchy, she agreed to be apart of the video with the exception of her appearing physically nude. Well, read below. “You showed me a concept of beautiful tasteful imagery (by way of vid text messages). I trusted that. I was mistaken,” she wrote. “Then u release an unedited, unapproved version within the next few days. That all spells 1 thing, Self Serving. When asked what the concept meant after u explained it, u replied, ‘It doesn’t mean anything, I just want to make a great video that everyone is going to watch.’ I understood, because as an artist we all desire that. But we don’t all do it at another artist’s expense…you begged me to sit in a tub of that other shit and I said naw. I refused to sit in any liquid that was not water. But out of RESPECT for you and the artist you ‘appear’ to be, I didn’t wanna kill your concept…sooo, I invited Nayrok, my lil sis and artist, who is much more liberal [than I], to be subject of those other disturbing (to me) scenes. I told u from jump that I believed your concept to be disturbing. But would give your edit a chance. You then said u would take my shots (in clear water/ fully covered parts -seemed harmless enough) and Nayrok’s part (which I was not present for but saw the photos and a sample scene of cornstarch dripping ) and edit them together along with cosmic, green screen images ( which no one saw) then would show me the edit. Instead, u disrespected me by releasing pics and rough vid on the internet without my approval. (Contract breech) That is equivalent to putting out a security camera’s images of me changing in the fitting room.” “As a human I am disgusted with your what appears to be desperation and poor execution. And disregard for others. As a director I am unimpressed. As a sociologist I understand your type. As your fellow artist I am uninspired. As a woman I feel violated and underestimated…you can KISS MY Glittery ASS. O and Nayrok told me to tell u to kiss her ass too.”

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Ah I forgot thats what happened.

Req

Post by Req »

drizzle wrote:
Kace wrote:Damn I'd hit that ass hard.

ya cause fat asses are rare but unlimited wealth and power are at least 3 to every block
:lol:
F.U. MOOLAH

Versive

Post by Versive »

It could be argued that the primary sonic inspiration for most "pop techno cornball ass music" that dominates "TODAYS MAINSTREAM Hiphop" is Afrika Bambaataa, the man who is credited with being the first to use the term hip-hop to describe this culture you so devoutly worship and purport to embody. Discuss.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Versive wrote:It could be argued that the primary sonic inspiration for most "pop techno cornball ass music" that dominates "TODAYS MAINSTREAM Hiphop" is Afrika Bambaataa, the man who is credited with being the first to use the term hip-hop to describe this culture you so devoutly worship and purport to embody. Discuss.
why dont we discuss this instead...

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=133071

Versive

Post by Versive »

Hiphop : fgt :: Rap : bisexual