Censorship in rap

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Pizon

Re: Censorship in rap

Post by Pizon »

jukeboxvandal wrote:bad boy censored styles p "stack chips like hebrews" from benjis
That's Jadakiss.

What about "Satan" censored on "Victory"?

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

One that is probably really known but just incase.. eminems verses on jayz's renegade were actually from a song he did with Royce and the censored part of Eminems one verse is "and Royce he's the king of Detroit"

Also I think it is such a good question... why the fuck was DMX's slippin censored ???

Edit: thanks wiki... "The album contains the clean version as the publishing owners of the subsequently mentioned sample would not allow DMX to include it if he would use foul language. "

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

GUCCI CONDOMS wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:that video doesn't even exist homie.
Works fine for me, upgrade the tech you're using to view :phila: , playboy.

Here's the link tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnr69zKezU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
must be a :ohcanada: thing. shame cause i'm super down to hear a trag song called body under the bridge..
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

tehgiftofgab wrote:One that is probably really known but just incase.. eminems verses on jayz's renegade were actually from a song he did with Royce and the censored part of Eminems one verse is "and Royce he's the king of Detroit"
Is that censored or did Em just replace that with "he's Jigga" followed by making record scratching sounds with his mouth.

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

In the original "A Milli" Wayne says "(...) the almighty Allah" - which was changed to "the ch-ch-ch-chopper" on the album version.

Not sure if Wayne censored himself or if someone had a word with him.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

^never heard this. ch ch ch ch chopper sounds better tho

posted this in tribe thread the other day. i guess jive didn't want them casting judgement on the :rarrow: lifestyle?
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.