Where Do You Stream Music?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Hush

Re: Where Do You Stream Music?

Post by Hush »

Here are a couple of other options that are a bit different than the typical streaming service:

Plex Media Server - You run this on a computer or NAS box and it serves your media (music, movies, TV shows, photos) to your various devices (phones, smart TVs, Firestick, Roku, etc.). It's like the cloud but you're hosting it (media streams directly from your own server to your devices). If you're going to stream movies away from home you'll need decent upload speed

Murfie.com - You send them your CD collection in bulk. They rip the CDs and store the physical discs in their warehouse. You can then stream your collection using the Murfie app and other devices such as Sonos. You can buy/sell/trade CDs with other users on their website (all discs remain stored in warehouse but are added/removed from your collection when you buy/sell). You retain ownership of the discs in your collection and can get them shipped back to you at any time. One thing is they don't fuck with liner notes or jewel cases. If you send those in they throw everything away but the discs. One of their selling points is that it is like buying music digitally but your purchases are backed up by the physical discs. This is how I sold the bulk of my CD collection a few years ago - I had no intention of using the service, I just sent them my CDs and listed them all as for sale.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Re: Where Do You Stream Music?

Post by Employee »

This thing looks cool AF:

http://www.thebrennan.com/itemcontent.p ... t/features" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;