Re: Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire

Post by sleazy_j »

drizzle wrote:lol his own label is shutting down links to this thing
the two links i posted are still live.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Versive wrote:
odium-LSC wrote:which pkd novel is that?
It's the title of the mixtape, didn't realize when I made the post that the title isn't on the cover.
do you think exquire read this book and titled it after it?

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

Versive wrote:
It's the title of the mixtape, didn't realize when I made the post that the title isn't on the cover.
ah, big fan of that book as well. Twas the first PKD book I ever read as well. My cousin gave me a copy when I was about 13 or so.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

zombie wrote:
Versive wrote:
do you think exquire read this book and titled it after it?
Just judging based off his tumblr and all the wild shit he has posted including mentions of some authors/books he is reading, hell yes
Nets 2022

Versive

Post by Versive »

He references PKD on one of the tracks on here, can't remember which off top, one of the first few I think. I enjoyed this on first listen. He's still getting better with each release.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Best rapper alive and heir to jay-z in terms of ear for beats
Nets 2022

zombie

Post by zombie »

this a circle jerk topic now/

sure is a lot of undeserving overhyped dick riding going on in here

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

most artist topic threads are. maybe you should go read a book or something.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

zombie wrote:this a circle jerk topic now/

sure is a lot of undeserving overhyped dick riding going on in here
Ummm I am the only person who has ever said stuff like that about ex (that he is the best rapper right now) and also it is nothing new...been gaying this and other threads up with that opinion for a year now

It is a personal (obviously) preference that comes from my Brooklyn/queens/manhattan/Bronx/new jersey bias and my super yes homo love for exquire's personality and musical/business choices thus far
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Sry I am bad at all non-YouTube embedding FML.

http://www.mostlyjunkfood.com/stream-mr ... ne-p-el-p/
Nets 2022

Dap

Post by Dap »

i agree that exquire is the best new rapper out. listened to 3 of his mixtapes over the last few days. he is the complete package in every sense.

B. Ware tha Siniq

Post by B. Ware tha Siniq »

New mixtape is good stuff. His EP should be great. Wish it was more than 6 songs though.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-beware/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Dap wrote:i agree that exquire is the best new rapper out. listened to 3 of his mixtapes over the last few days. he is the complete package in every sense.

:cheers:

no gimmicks
no pretentious bullshit
no politics
no egomania
no sense of submitting to mainstream or street cred demands for a certain persona
and on top of all that doesn't take himself too seriously
can write his ass off
executes multiple deliveries
passes the gangstarr test of having the "voice"
has an awesome ear for beats (thinly veiled pf's own captain planit props)

complete package indeed. i seriously have only one reservation about him: that he doesn't die pf alcoholism by age 30
Nets 2022

Dap

Post by Dap »

Reason wrote:
Dap wrote:i agree that exquire is the best new rapper out. listened to 3 of his mixtapes over the last few days. he is the complete package in every sense.

no gimmicks
no pretentious bullshit
no politics
no egomania
no sense of submitting to mainstream or street cred demands for a certain persona
can write his ass off

complete package indeed. i seriously have only one reservation about him: that he doesn't die pf alcoholism by age 30

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

plus i love the "obscure" references he drops that let's you know he's fairly well read and intelligent. also, his flow is versatile as fuck. from el-p beats to that one a$ap beat and then rapping over old 50 cent shit, i haven't heard his flow falter yet.

how he isn't on a "danny brown" level of internet/blog fame is beyond me. i guess it's because he doesn't have a release as consistent as XXX? not really sure. but i see him being in the next new "wave" of mc's to hit. probably about when meyhem starts to get out of bronson's shadow

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Dap wrote:
Reason wrote:

no gimmicks
no pretentious bullshit
no politics
no egomania
can write his ass off

plus i love the "obscure" references he drops that let's you know he's fairly well read and intelligent. also, his flow is versatile as fuck. from el-p beats to that one a$ap beat and then rapping over old 50 cent shit, i haven't heard his flow falter yet.

how he isn't on a "danny brown" level of internet/blog fame is beyond me. i guess it's because he doesn't have a release as consistent as XXX? not really sure. but i see him being in the next new "wave" of mc's to hit. probably about when meyhem starts to get out of bronson's shadow
1. there is a backlash towards new york rap/east coast rap ever since the whole southern domination of rap several years ago...the ny boom bap/jiggy/projects era is dismissed often by non east-coasters on some "listen to MY local music fuck new york shit" danny brown being from detroit helps him

2. danny brown is an incredible rapper in his own right and has more association with rappers that make u cool if u like them. very few people outside of a certain era and setting give a shit about el-p
Nets 2022

Dap

Post by Dap »

Reason wrote:
Dap wrote:
Reason wrote:

no gimmicks
no pretentious bullshit
no politics
no egomania
can write his ass off

1. there is a backlash towards new york rap/east coast rap ever since the whole southern domination of rap several years ago...the ny boom bap/jiggy/projects era is dismissed often by non east-coasters on some "listen to MY local music fuck new york shit" danny brown being from detroit helps him

2. danny brown is an incredible rapper in his own right and has more association with rappers that make u cool if u like them. very few people outside of a certain era and setting give a shit about el-p

good points. i guess i figured he'd be getting a bit more shine off the el-p association because of how much attention killer mike got this year for his work with el-p

and yeah danny brown has branched out quite a bit more. i just figured on the internet, you kinda hear about everything in the same places, so exquire would be a little more popular since he has that huzzah remix and what not

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

links to the new mixtape?

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

"It's 4AM & I just finished fuckin' my bitch, she's sleep, I'm in the bathroom washin' my nuts in the sink..."

:phila:

Gyangsta 4 Life

Post by Gyangsta 4 Life »

Reason, what are your top 5 Exquire tunes? Not sure I fuck with his beat selection. Still haven't heard anything from him that eclipses "Show Me The Money", and it isn't even his song.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Reason, what are your top 5 Exquire tunes? Not sure I fuck with his beat selection. Still haven't heard anything from him that eclipses "Show Me The Money", and it isn't even his song.

:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

My Top 5 in no particular order:
1. Huzzah Part 2
2. Nothin Even Matters (Regrets)
3. I Should Be Sleepin
4. Drunken Freestyle
5. Shades @ Night

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

It's tough taking him seriously after he channeled the 1998 Gift of Gab on Cancer4Cure.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Gyangsta 4 Life wrote:Reason, what are your top 5 Exquire tunes? Not sure I fuck with his beat selection. Still haven't heard anything from him that eclipses "Show Me The Money", and it isn't even his song.

:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

My Top 5 in no particular order:
1. Huzzah Part 2
2. Nothin Even Matters (Regrets)
3. huzzah
4. Drunken Freestyle
5. Power U
just had to change two so just quoted tired & broke
Nets 2022

Dap

Post by Dap »

Employee wrote:It's tough taking him seriously after he channeled the 1998 Gift of Gab on Cancer4Cure.
fag

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Dap wrote:
Employee wrote:It's tough taking him seriously after he channeled the 1998 Gift of Gab on Cancer4Cure.
fag
Dickriding bitch.

Dap

Post by Dap »

Employee wrote:
Dap wrote:
fag
Dickriding bitch.

:cas:

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

The new mixtape has been in constant rotation waaaay more than Good Kid MAAD City. "Pussy 3X" is a fucking phenomenal song. I also want eXquire to quit bullshitting and release the full audio to "Planet eX."

Dap

Post by Dap »

Tired & Broke wrote:The new mixtape has been in constant rotation waaaay more than Good Kid MAAD City. "Pussy 3X" is a fucking phenomenal song. I also want eXquire to quit bullshitting and release the full audio to "Planet eX."
agreed. really like "good pussy in chicago" too

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »