Guru R.I.P. (confirmed)

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

just read his pops was a lawyer and judge. there's no fuckin way his estate wasn't protected from some cocksucker like solar.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

ackbar wrote: watching a weathered vhs with classic combos like times up/sabotage, warriors drum/give it up & got a love/recognized thresholds is much more satisfying tho
man, it even feels better on YouTube when you see a video that has the MuchMusic ID tag on the bottom and you're like "word up, I was watching that episode that Thursday way back in June 1993 when that shit came out"

MuchMusic used to run lots of Gangstarr. big up to them. I am with Ackbarbarian Fashionista: seeing them old videos adds to the experience. waiting for the video to come on and having it play (and video taping it all) is much more satisfying than just typing the word into YouTube and getting what you want instantly

I'll never throw out my cassettes or videotapes of rap music. they are time capsules now

cool story bro

P.S. SO DID ANYONE FUCK SOLAR UP YET? NOT MUCH ELSE MATTERS RIGHT NOW IN HIP HOP. :nut:
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

well, shouldn't his supposed lawyer judgin' dad have been able to get the ability to see guru in the hospital, also?

i'm skeptical about jacky jasper's statements.
http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/ ... more-25798

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

Jonny wrote:
Magneto wrote:Solar is married and him and his wife have all the rights to Guru's shit. How the fuck?
it's as easy as a confused sick guru having a piece of paper shoved in his face and signing it without knowing what it was. unethical but legal.

if guru didn't have a will and if solar isn't legally the executor of his estate he has no rights to shit..and neither does guru's family. if guru did have a will that specified solar as the reciepient of all his music and if guru named solar the exectuvie of his estate he has rights to everything.. control over everything.

I hope Guru was smart enough to have had a will/trust before solar came into the picture.

If there was no will at all his estate will go into probate and it's going to be years and years of bullshit.
if he died without a will they appoint an administrator. The administrator will usually be the spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, or siblings, in that order. Unless that is contested it doesn't take but a few months.

Verge

Post by Verge »

sleazy_j wrote:i'm skeptical about jacky jasper's statements.
That jacky jasper cat seems like a shady opportunistic bastard his damn self.
The first article after Guru died, he was saying that Guru was definitely gay
because he remembered hearing a story years ago that while on tour, someone saw Solar beating on Guru or some dumb shit.
I believe that's what Sway was referring to in the interview.

Not enough proof of anything to disrespect the man on the day he dies, imo.
The shit is wack. I don't want to know or hear all this garbage. They need to
let Guru rest in peace, or at least wait until he's buried before people start spreading all types of rumors and shit. Not that that rumor hasn't been around since this faggot solar shit started anyways, just saying.

EndsAll

Post by EndsAll »

You people act like Priemo doesn't have a lawyer, publishing, etc....

Calm the f*ck down and let a brother die, yo.

Damn.

Hip hop's a fuckin gossip column....
...Then cats wonder why elder skool B Boys leave hip hop alone and ain't up on shit....

Guru was somebody's Dad, somebody's brother, and somebody's son....
Not just the dude you saw in videos, interviews, and paid to see live...

Really, though....
Enough is enough.
Rest In Peace means just that, may you eternally rest in actual peace...
this shit is like rest in the national inquirer....

It's beat already.

How come no one said shit like this when Apache died or when Roc Raida died or the other 50 hip hop heroes that past in the last fuckin year and a half....

RIP Party Arty, fuck that.....

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

EndsAll wrote:You people act like Priemo doesn't have a lawyer, publishing, etc....

Calm the f*ck down and let a brother die, yo.

Damn.

Hip hop's a fuckin gossip column....
...Then cats wonder why elder skool B Boys leave hip hop alone and ain't up on shit....

Guru was somebody's Dad, somebody's brother, and somebody's son....
Not just the dude you saw in videos, interviews, and paid to see live...

Really, though....
Enough is enough.
Rest In Peace means just that, may you eternally rest in actual peace...
this shit is like rest in the national inquirer....

It's beat already.

How come no one said shit like this when Apache died or when Roc Raida died or the other 50 hip hop heroes that past in the last fuckin year and a half....

RIP Party Arty, fuck that.....
umm because there's actually some scandalous shit surrounding his death. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with what u said, but face it man, if Guru died of a tragic disease without all this drama/gossip/whatever u wanna call it, then i'm sure most will just pay their respect and let the man rest in peace. But the fact of the matter is no matter whether or not Solar truly is a piece of shit, the guy did deny hopital visits to Guru's own family members and is playing games with a dead man's body. Forget about if Solar really has legal authorities of all matters regarding Guru, it's just not right and it's not his place to be playing these games. Even with that said, if he wants to enforce whatever legal authorities he has or think he has, the right thing to do at the moment would be to let Guru's family have his body, let em arrange and hold a proper funeral where anyone and everyone who wants to pay their respects can attend. But of course the scumbag's not lettin em do that and wants control over everything.

EndsAll

Post by EndsAll »

How do you know alla this?

Cause it's posted on the internet (message boards, twitter)?

E*nigga please....

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

also, i know it's fucked up to say shit about a man who just died like that, but let's not forget that Guru allowed himself to be manipulated and played. He was a grown ass man almost 50 yrs old and he obviously did not handle his business whether it be finances, family matters, legal issues, preparing a will, handling his health. It's definitely fucked up what's happened to him and happening even after his death, but he's also definitely not a victim to a blood/soul suckin leech like Solar. He didn't meet Solar days before his death and get conned overnight.

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

EndsAll wrote:How do you know alla this?

Cause it's posted on the internet (message boards, twitter)?

E*nigga please....
ignorance is bliss ain't it? Learn how to filter the massive amount of info/bullshit out there and maybe u won't be overwhelmed with it all and just stand passive. The fuck outta here guy. Read what i wrote again and process it idiot. Actually i'll just spell it out for u. I basically stated 2 FACTS:

1. his family members were denied hospital visits
2. he's complicating things for Guru's family to do a proper funeral

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Solar is a wanted man with a target on his head. no mercy on him, for real.

shit is really unbelievable. i fear to think what's next.

selfishness this sick has rarely been seen.

it's really fucking gross and insane.

there is no way he's normal.

fucker needs help, or pain.

peace to DJ Premier.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thun

Post by Thun »

Enough.