Eminem - "Recovery" - June 22nd

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Eminem and Royce Da 5'9 - Tim Westwood Freestyle is dropping today ..
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Julius Seizure wrote:if you live in a glass house....

the long road to recovery...

deep bruh
:lol:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This new track with Pink is horrible too. Dude just doesn't have it anymore. Lyrics are soft, voice is still in that yelling temper tantrum rage. Nothing about him is interesting anymore.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

vermillion

Post by vermillion »

I can probably count 10 Papoose caliber punchlines from his past 2 songs..

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

Quotashun wrote:Here's the Pink joint produced by DJ Khalil:

http://usershare.net/Dotgotit/sd8ksy8j71hz
Wow, this is a mess.
Beat's nice. Pink's hook is barely tolerable. Em's flow is interesting at times, but lyrically this is just a string of groan inducing puns and nonsensical multis.
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

http://filezee.com/gnatrwar00n7

Snippet of the Eminem/Royce Da 5'9 freestyle. This will be great
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

The Frankest

Post by The Frankest »

I'm gonna wait until it's out in full, but that freestyle has INCREDIBLE potential. If they go all out on this, hip hop is being knocked into fucking 2011.

Eminem's been down and out for years. If anything could resurrect him, it's the influence of Slaughterhouse.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

vermillion wrote:I can probably count 10 Papoose caliber punchlines from his past 2 songs..
THAT'S the thing. That 'Despicable' freestyle is fucking amazing. But some of the lines in 'Not Afraid' are literally the weakest metaphors Eminem has ever spit, going all the way back to 'Infinite'.

dude is becoming the best and worst guy out right now :err:

he's thinking too much. he needs to just rap from his heart and balls, not the part in his brain that thinks about "will Jimmy and Dre and Paul think this makes us money?"

too much strategy and calculation to his music now, even though he did change 'Relapse 2' into 'Recovery', and did finally reach out to some new producers.

the Eminem show continues to be intriguing, if not satisfying like the Marshall Mathers LP days.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoKnew

Post by RoKnew »

Renessis wrote: Might end up on some It Was Written shit and be terribly lopsided .
:larry:

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

i like the track with Pink. mostly cause the beat is MONSTROUS.

go Khalil

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Keen did you hear about Bill Maher last night? If you have HBO watch it and FF to the end. B-Real will be thrilled.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

Philaflava wrote:Keen did you hear about Bill Maher last night? If you have HBO watch it and FF to the end. B-Real will be thrilled.
i dont have any tv :(

thesmogstrangler

Post by thesmogstrangler »

LOL @ dissing brooke hogan... i think it's clear eminem is done

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

HipHoppin wrote:album leaked
Anyone listened to it yet? I am afraid to after that last album. I swear if he starts talking about getting butt fucked by his uncle again, I am finished with his albums for good.

Gregg Popabitch

Post by Gregg Popabitch »

someone pm a hook up

thesmogstrangler

its horrible... dude did the everlast acoustic guitar track

i think it's clear this guy is done... put the nail in the fucking coffin already

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I am just going to review each song from my initial reaction as I listen to the album. - WARNING SPOILER ALERTS

1. Cold Wind Blows = Terrible. Eminem does his singing thing on the hook and talks about his dick. Terrible.

2. Talkinג€™ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe = Beat is a little better than the first song. Has kind of a cool muted electric guitar pick in the background. Nothing stands out about the verses. then there is some guy singing a bad hook, followed by Eminem singing his own bad hook. Still not impressed.

3. On Fire = This beat is actually worth a listen. Not too bad, and Eminem didn't talk about getting raped or raping anyone, so there is that.

4. Wonג€™t Back Down Ft. Pink = Eminem does his scream style through the whole song, but I never quite figured out why. I thought he already did his duet with Elton John, but I guess he is trying to stay on the good side of gay community by letting this carpet muncher sing the hook. Of course anyone other than Eminem singing the hook is a good look. Tell me, what the fuck is the point of going at Michael J. Fox? If dude is going to talk shit, he should go at some rappers, not another movie hero with a disease that can't defend themselves.

5. W.T.P. = White trash party indeed. I had to turn this one down so my neighbors didn't think I was have one of my own.

6. Going Through Changes = This was not bad.

7. Not Afraid = Best song of the album so far, and that is not saying much. The snare on this beat is on some 'my first Casio' shit.

8. Seduction = Em raps about his dick some more, and sings the hook. He does some interesting stuff with his cadence on this one, though.

9. No Love Ft. Lil Wayne = I am usually a fan of Just Blaze, but this is not good. Lil Wayne is decent, but it gets worse when Eminem gets on the MIC. Producers are running out of things to sample.

10. Space Bound = Wow. Another song talking about killing women. Creative and boundary pushing. This guy needs to just give up his man card already and start dating dudes.

11. Cinderella Man = Sounds like they sampled Queen's We Will Rock You, turned down all the bass, and put together this beat in 5 minutes. Ok, joking aside, this is actually not too bad, if they got rid of the pointless hook.

12. 25 to Life = I got side tracked and forgot I was supposed to be listening. I'll have to go back to this one later.

13. So Bad = I think this is a Dre beat, and it really seems out of place. 13 songs in, and they finally got the snare to sound right. Again, there is another weak hook on this one, but the beat is good enough, I can ignore it.

14. Almost Famous = I have been complaining about the Em singing hooks through this whole album, but this one will having you begging to bring the Em hooks back. He does his scream style through the whole song, but all that said, this is not so bad.

15. Love the Way You Lie Ft. Rihanna = Damn. Rihanna is hot.

16. Youג€™re Never Over = Another weak beat.

17. Secret Song = eminem says fag a few times and talks about some dead celebrities.

To Sum It Up = Save your money. you're time is better spent looking up pictures of Rhianna. The producers on most these songs could have taken a lesson on getting their snares right from 5-years-ago-9th-Wonder :lol:
Last edited by truthaddict on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 21 times in total.

thesmogstrangler

this is for the children... if you like this and are a grown man kill yourself on the real

GhostDog

Post by GhostDog »

The hook on "Not Afraid" is tragic. :rofl: Worst hook of the year? I think this a new low for Em.

I'm scared to listen to this. "Relapse" was awful. Sounds like this will be worse.

What a waste. Em should just put an album full of freestyles at this point.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

I'm avoiding this Marshall Math shit for a while.

GO DRAKE GO :rofl:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

HipHoppin wrote:this shit is horrible... he got a track w/ Lil Wayne and they sampled

WHAT IS LOOOOOOOOOOVE BABY DONT HURT MEEEEEEEE

kill yaselves
Just Blaze sampled it, what's wrong with it? well besides Eminems terrible singing on the hook

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

HipHoppin wrote:this shit is horrible... he got a track w/ Lil Wayne and they sampled

kill yaselves
you are not serious :wtf: :rofl:

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

HipHoppin wrote:
Truth. wrote:

kill yaselves
Just Blaze sampled it, what's wrong with it? well besides Eminems terrible singing on the hook
lol, i dont care if Primo samples it... sampling that song in itself is autogay and should be saved for either the :bork:'s or the :ohcanada:'s
Same shit was said when T.I. dropped "Live Your Life" ...

IsleOfWhites

Post by IsleOfWhites »

Anybody care to send a link my way?

against my better judgement, I'm gonna have to listen to this
drizzle wrote: if you showed this kind of excellent timing and gif selection every time nobody would ever give you shit

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

I just listened to the first track and am really confused....that hook cannot be real.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Who is this guy tying to appeal to anymore? This is waaay worse than Relapse.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

blastmaster wrote:Who is this guy tying to appeal to anymore? This is waaay worse than Relapse.
:owens:

i'm gonna sleep on this for a while.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Every album people actually think there is a change he might redeem himself. All those bullshit videos, those Westwood freestyles and those faggot Twitter messages by fan boys such as Just Blaze and others get you faggots hyped over this.

Eminem will NEVER be the Eminem we once knew. He will always be a wasted talent trailer park oxycotton pill popping faggot. And if you anticipated this album then chances are you're everything I just said minus the wasted talent.

starks

Post by starks »

album includes features from lil'wayne, pink, and rihanna