6%
Ludacris
17%

Total votes: 65

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

KITFUNK wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:How you gon have a Southern rapper poll and not include the Face?

I didn't vote cause I don't listen to none of that. But ya'll do ya'll.
Because if Face was included, nobody else would get votes. Use your brain.
Kinda the point, buddy.

No one else is worthy of votes.
The point is to pick your favorite rapper from the list, buddy. Everybody's favorite rapper from the south is Face, so if he was included there would be no need to even do the poll.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:i think he's called ludacris cAUSE HIS RHYMES ARE LUDICROUS

YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK THAT UP TO CONFIRM
:hooray:

:grin:

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

KITFUNK wrote:

Kinda the point, buddy.

The point is to pick your favorite rapper from the list, buddy. Everybody's favorite rapper from the south is Face, so if he was included there would be no need to even do the poll.
My point exactly.

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

dude.
it's not about who's the best.
it's about who is the better/best from the list given, and the dialogue that comes with it.
how could you not understand the point of these polls?

that said, i voted willie d.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

KITFUNK wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:

Kinda the point, buddy.

My point exactly.
jesus christ i fucking hate you.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

the dead poet wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote: Because if Face was included, nobody else would get votes. Use your brain.
Kinda the point, buddy.

My point exactly.
Can't hear ya, listening to Waka in all his lyrical splendor at high volumes.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Icesickle wrote:
DLG wrote:Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"
Ludacris will never say anything as dope as:

"I'm emotional, I hug the block
I'm so emotional, I love my glock"
:lol:

You trollin' doggy?

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

KITFUNK wrote:
the dead poet wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
KITFUNK wrote: Kinda the point, buddy.

My point exactly.
Yea, i remember that rant too. I don't listen to waka's whack ass....but I'd for sure rather play his record at high volume for extended periods of time then read your faggot ass rants that make no sense. Kindly shut the fuck up......

please.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITFUNK

Post by KITFUNK »

the dead poet wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
the dead poet wrote:
KITFUNK wrote:
Kid That's Lifeless wrote: The point is to pick your favorite rapper from the list, buddy. Everybody's favorite rapper from the south is Face, so if he was included there would be no need to even do the poll.
My point exactly.
Yea, i remember that rant too. I don't listen to waka's whack ass....but I'd for sure rather play his record at high volume for extended periods of time then read your faggot ass rants that make no sense. Kindly shut the fuck up.....
please.
Very simple solution: put me on ignore, cakeboy.

zombie

Post by zombie »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

clark bent wrote:havent heard half of these people but i love devin
Who are you, Bin Laden?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Smart idea. Have a poll with one elite rapper who would completely run away with this poll.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Moolah wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
DLG wrote:Why is Jeezy less corny? because "his beats go hard?" or is it because "he's spittin the real?"

You trollin' doggy?
I need this couplet analyzed in depth, like how white ice dissected that Flocka verse. Shit's too deep for me, I need the breakdown.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

DLG wrote:
Moolah wrote:
Icesickle wrote:

You trollin' doggy?
I need this couplet analyzed in depth, like how white ice dissected that Flocka verse. Shit's too deep for me, I need the breakdown.
:larry:

I just said it's better than anything Ludacris ever spit. I'm sure Luda had some lines that resonated with the crowd at an MTV Spring Break performance though, no doubt.

The main reason why that couplet's so dope is cause of Jeezy's voice and delivery, which (as has already been established) are both corny as fuck.

DLG

Post by DLG »

didn't Jeezy record a new verse for this video because his verse was so wack on the album version?

When this track came out, I'm pretty sure the consensus on this board was that Luda killed it and Jeezy didn't.

I'm a Jeezy fan too, but claiming that Luda is one-dimensional and corny and Jeezy's one and a half flow and one topic he raps about is fresh as fuck in comparison is really really gay, even for you, ice.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gf9scJNm4Qw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gf9scJNm4Qw?fs ... n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thun

Post by Thun »

Ludacris is one dimensional and corny, though. His attempts at substance or poignance, including the one you posted, sound absurdly forced. He sounds bored with himself, like he's wondering when the strippers are going to arrive. Nothing wrong with that in terms of a personal attitude, I'm sure he's a great broski to chill with, but his music is just more of the same corny douchebaggery. Inessential and aging horribly.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:Ludacris is one dimensional and corny, though. His attempts at substance or poignance, including the one you posted, sound absurdly forced. He sounds bored with himself, like he's wondering when the strippers are going to arrive. Nothing wrong with that in terms of a personal attitude, I'm sure he's a great broski to chill with, but his music is just more of the same corny douchebaggery. Inessential and aging horribly.
I understand that, and agree, even though I don't have the need to only listen to music that inspires my soul sings to my heart, that you seem to have, but what Ice is doing is slagging off McDonalds and big upping Burger King like it's a high-end steakhouse.

Thun

Post by Thun »

DLG wrote: I understand that, and agree, even though I don't have the need to only listen to music that inspires my soul sings to my heart, that you seem to have
You wouldn't be half as eager to defend the heavy metal equivalent of Ludacris. Fact.

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:
DLG wrote: I understand that, and agree, even though I don't have the need to only listen to music that inspires my soul sings to my heart, that you seem to have
You wouldn't be half as eager to defend the heavy metal equivalent of Ludacris. Fact.
dude, I totally would.

There's a time and place for everything, imo.

I'm absolutely not embarrassed that I know all of the words to Steelheart's I'll Never Let You Go.

I'm traveling to Frankfurt to see Rush, bro. I've been to a Manowar concert.

If you look through my CD crates you will find at least two Winger albums.

Some music moves me, some challenges me, some just entertains me.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Same here but I'm not in some poll claiming that Biz Markie "Pickin Boogers" is an eschatological revolution compared to Fresh Prince "Parents Just Don't Understand."

DLG

Post by DLG »

Thun wrote:Same here but I'm not in some poll claiming that Biz Markie "Pickin Boogers" is an eschatological revolution compared to Fresh Prince "Parents Just Don't Understand."
that's what Ice is doing, not me.

This is turning out like Ludacris is my favorite rapper. He's not. I'm just defending the fact that he does what he does well and that it's ok to enjoy what he brings to the table, even if it's all superficial shit that isn't artistic enough to stand the test of time, or whatever.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Luda used to do what he did well. A decade ago. He is one single away being the down south Common.

DLG

Post by DLG »

:lol: I honestly haven't heard anything since Release Therapy or whatever it was called, which blew. I'm sure he's doing verses on every pop song still, but really, I'm totally out of touch with that and have no idea.

Still, you can make a pretty dope "best of" album out of his first three, imo.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

^Luda's albums always had like 2 or 3 good joints (IE: Fun songs) and a bunch of filler. I understand people not liking Luda but I definitely think he had a moment where he was doing his thing. Mostly on other peoples songs, but whatever.

mud

Post by mud »

The Ludacris bandwagon was pretty hilarious to watch.

Annoying as fuck rapper, always was.

Why, oh why did he have to be on that "Made You Look" remix.

Kid That's Lifeless

Post by Kid That's Lifeless »

Blockhead wrote:^Luda's albums always had like 2 or 3 good joints (IE: Fun songs) and a bunch of filler. I understand people not liking Luda but I definitely think he had a moment where he was doing his thing. Mostly on other peoples songs, but whatever.
This and his guest appearances are usually pretty good.

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

I'm surprised at all the Ludacris hate. Are yall from North Dakota? My opinions on Ludacris are based entirely on albums < 2004, and a few random guest spots since then, though.

I listen to all these rappers on the regular, except Young Jeezy and Project Pat. They are cool though. I'm voting Bun B. Bun B wins just on his back catalog being murderous. But Willie D and Devin are not far behind.

I have been listening to Devin the most lately, but it is all his old stuff.

If I was to say who I would want to hear a brand new album from most today, then it would be Killer Mike or Devin.