L.A., L.A.
2%
NYC
7%
Philly/Jersey
1%
New England
10%
Bay Area (Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo, San Francisco)
3%
UK
28%

Total votes: 123

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Brokewax wrote:
Wicked wrote:WITHOUT QUESTION its the Dirty South with all that ign'ant GARBAGE they put out. The only folks from the South that are cool are the ones making actual Hiphop music like Supastition, Big Pooh, Phonte, etc. to name a few. At the same time though, every fuckin reigon is puttin out some bullshit artists & groups who put out garbage music.
Who's albums have you actually listened to though?
'
The people who make (real) Hiphop like the ones I mentioned, among others like them. Fuck all those garbage Rap fags who make horrible Rap music like Lil "faggit" Wayne n shit. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Do you have Aspergers?

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

What about the mixtape 4-Ize dropped a while ago? It features De La Soul AND Gucci Mane.

Where does that fall in the real hiff hoffz spectrum?

Wicked
Location: Bay Area, CA >www.MHzRadio.com< >mixcrate.com/wicked< >wicked22@aol.com<

Post by Wicked »

Brokewax wrote:What about the mixtape 4-Ize dropped a while ago? It features De La Soul AND Gucci Mane.

Where does that fall in the real hiff hoffz spectrum?
Don't know, never heard it. Is there a physical copy available? Cuz if not, then I really don't care anyways because I do not support mp3 releases.
"Wicked = Genuinely loves Hiphop and respects it because he grew up during the time when it wasn't full of southern mongoloids and Lil Wayne rappers. From his mixes you can tell he knows his shit. The problem is, when you are a smart dude preaching to a bunch of fucking morons, you end up getting singled out as the douche."

wheels

Post by wheels »

We get it dude, you can't figure out itunes.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

squeels wrote:We get it dude, you can't figure out itunes.

I have iTunes, dumbass. I just don't support mp3 releases.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Really? I wasn't aware of that. Have you mentioned it before?

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Wicked wrote:
squeels wrote:We get it dude, you can't figure out itunes.

I have iTunes, dumbass. I just don't support mp3 releases.
serious question, why don't you support mp3 releases?

its the new medium.

is it just vinyl you support? what about cd'? If you buy cd's whats the diff between burning a cd of downloaded mp3's. i just don't follow your logic.

you're missing out on a lot of great tracks and projects limiting yourself to physical releases.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I can tell you right now he's going to say MP3s aren't hip hop

The Afronaut

Post by The Afronaut »

Wicked wrote:
Brokewax wrote:
Wicked wrote:WITHOUT QUESTION its the Dirty South with all that ign'ant GARBAGE they put out. The only folks from the South that are cool are the ones making actual Hiphop music like Supastition, Big Pooh, Phonte, etc. to name a few. At the same time though, every fuckin reigon is puttin out some bullshit artists & groups who put out garbage music.
Who's albums have you actually listened to though?
'
The people who make (real) Hiphop like the ones I mentioned, among others like them. Fuck all those garbage Rap fags who make horrible Rap music like Lil "faggit" Wayne n shit. NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Like do you really feel like this makes you a better person?

Do you feel like endlessly spouting this kind of crap really means youre more about the art/culture/what have you than other people?

I mean I get that youre passionate, but youre focusing on the wrong things and too caught up in trying to prove yourself to actually help the cause you claim to be about. Just saying.

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Balzac wrote:serious question, why don't you support mp3 releases?

its the new medium.

is it just vinyl you support? what about cd'? If you buy cd's whats the diff between burning a cd of downloaded mp3's. i just don't follow your logic.

you're missing out on a lot of great tracks and projects limiting yourself to physical releases.
Its the new medium, so what? I support physical releases meaning shit that's released on cd and/or vinyl and is official and comes with artwork and all that. Even if there's no artwork because its a promo or something, that's fine because its still the actual real release. Also, if mp3's are the new medium, then why do some labels still press wax and why do most others still press up cd's? Yes, I do download some shit and burn it to cd if that's all there is, but I won't use shit like that on my radio shows and on my Mix CD's. It's the same logic guys like Stretch & Bobbito had in the 90s when they said if you wanted yoar music played you needed to send them vinyl, or if it was a demo then a tape was fine. They did not support cd's. What cd's were to them is what mp3's are to me. Sooooooooo many people in the 90s thought cd's were lame and only accepted vinyl. It's the same mentality with me now in regards to mp3's.
The Afronaut wrote:Like do you really feel like this makes you a better person?

Do you feel like endlessly spouting this kind of crap really means youre more about the art/culture/what have you than other people?

I mean I get that youre passionate, but youre focusing on the wrong things and too caught up in trying to prove yourself to actually help the cause you claim to be about. Just saying.
Look bro, I'm not focusing on that shit, but when I see it posted here or other places, I tend to give my opinion. And no, I don't think too much into it... I just can't stand all that garbage and I'm vocal about it. So what? Negative comments, feedback, opinions, etc. need to be just as accepted as the positive. I just DO NOT like most shit from the South unless it's representing actual Hiphop, which, most is not.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

:fail: :fail: :fail: :fail: :fail: :epic: :epic: :epic: :epic: :epic: :race: :race: :race: :race: :race: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :thebest: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :larry: :larry: :larry: :larry: :roper: :roper: :roper: :roper: :roper:

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:lol:

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Wicked wrote:
Balzac wrote:serious question, why don't you support mp3 releases?

its the new medium.

Its the new medium, so what? I support physical releases meaning shit that's released on cd and/or vinyl and is official and comes with artwork and all that. Even if there's no artwork because its a promo or something, that's fine because its still the actual real release. Also, if mp3's are the new medium, then why do some labels still press wax and why do most others still press up cd's? Yes, I do download some shit and burn it to cd if that's all there is, but I won't use shit like that on my radio shows and on my Mix CD's. It's the same logic guys like Stretch & Bobbito had in the 90s when they said if you wanted yoar music played you needed to send them vinyl, or if it was a demo then a tape was fine. They did not support cd's. What cd's were to them is what mp3's are to me. Sooooooooo many people in the 90s thought cd's were lame and only accepted vinyl. It's the same mentality with me now in regards to mp3's.
But can we all agree now that cd's AREN'T lame? I'm sure stretch and bob would agree.

Technology is going to keep progressing. Vinyl will eventually completely die, as will CD's. You're gonna have to get over it at some point. The day will come when everything is digital. Hiphop adapts to technology quite well. You will eventually become the equivalent of someone today in their 50's or 60's that only listen to classic rock on record. And thats fine if you only like "golden era" rap, but some of us love the new shit too so maybe keep the preaching to yourself. just sayin'.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

Balzac wrote:But can we all agree now that cd's AREN'T lame? I'm sure stretch and bob would agree.

Technology is going to keep progressing. Vinyl will eventually completely die, as will CD's. You're gonna have to get over it at some point. The day will come when everything is digital. Hiphop adapts to technology quite well. You will eventually become the equivalent of someone today in their 50's or 60's that only listen to classic rock on record. And thats fine if you only like "golden era" rap, but some of us love the new shit too so maybe keep the preaching to yourself. just sayin'.
I never had a problem with cd's... I started buying them in July of 1990. I liked buying full albums and ep's on cd and buying all the singles and promo's and white labels on vinyl (for the most part). And albums I really liked I would also sometimes buy the vinyl of in addition to the cd. And for the record, since late '87 or early '88 I have never turned my back on new Hiphop. To this day I still buy all the newest releases on cd and vinyl.

Just in the last few weeks I have bought... Beneficience LP, Blu 10", Celph Titled & Buckwild 2xLP, Damu The Fudgemunk ft. Buff1 7", Damu The Fudgemunk LP, Herma Puma 7", Iron Lyon EP 12", J-Live 12", J-Live EP 12", The Left 2xLP, Maticulous EP 12", Paul Nice & Phil Most Chill 7", Roc Marciano 2xLP, Soulkast (Prod. by DJ Premier) 12", Telemachus ft. Roc Marciano 7", Venom ft. Blaq Poet (Remixed by DJ Premier) 12", Will Vill ft. Roc Marciano 12", Action Bronson CD, Beneficience CD, Damu The Fudgemunk CD, DJ Deadeye CD, DJ Kryptonite CD, D-Stroy CD, Dysfunkshunal Familee CD, DC The Midi Alien CD, ESQ & Chikaramanga CD, Ghostface Killah CD, Has-Lo CD, IMAKEMADBEATS CD, Kyo Itachi CD, The Left CD, Madlib "Medicine Show" CD's, Malcolm & Martin CD, Man Bites Dog Records Compilation CD, Pharoahe Monch CD, R.E.K.S. CD, Von Pea CD, and other vinyls and cd's I can't remember right now. And those are all dope (real) Hiphop newer releases!

Oh, and I think Bobbito still don't like cd's. He even said it was cool that people converted and uploaded his old shows with Stretch, but said that whenever he wants to hear any of the old shows, he plays his tapes. He also said he plays only vinyl. ;) And you can check with Verge too cuz he interviewed him recently.
Last edited by Wicked on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

step one

Post by step one »

anyone jealous?

thought not
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OT0v7ZgsNh0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OT0v7ZgsNh0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Did you have a hiff hoff heart attack from discovering that this track exist?
Last edited by ardamus on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

ardamus wrote:Have you had a hiff hoff heart attack from discovering that this track?
I listened to it once. Obviously I didn't like it because of Lil "faggit" Wayne, but even if he wasn't on it, I never would have liked it anyways because that beat is tra$h. And to be honest, LB probably got Wayne on the track to try and gain moar fans. I'm assuming it was moar of a business move.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I really just wanted one of these diatribes just for me.
:cheers:
[quote]
Wicked
To: Blockhead
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:28 pm
Subject: Oh Cockhead... *shaking head*
Cockhead wrote:
http://www.mental-health-matters.com/in ... cle&id=895

hahaha Yoar hilarious. But think about it, bro... If I really had Asbergers or any sort of mental issue, then how in the world have I always gotten women? And not just any women, but pretty damn good lookin women? And it's not like I just got 'em for a few weeks or months, cuz I've had three 2

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

[quote="Blockhead"]I really just wanted one of these diatribes just for me.
:cheers:
[quote]
Wicked
To: Blockhead
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:28 pm
Subject: Oh Cockhead... *shaking head*
Cockhead wrote:
http://www.mental-health-matters.com/in ... cle&id=895

hahaha Yoar hilarious. But think about it, bro... If I really had Asbergers or any sort of mental issue, then how in the world have I always gotten women? And not just any women, but pretty damn good lookin women? And it's not like I just got 'em for a few weeks or months, cuz I've had three 2
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

The bragging about fucking asian girls may be my favorite part of it all. So, so, so good.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Who is the dickhead who voted Philly/NJ?

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

step one wrote:Im pretty sure Ive never heard a rapper from New England.

LA seems to have fallen off in a big way.

The UK scene is pretty awful these days - most of the A-list of the early 00s have called it a day and we're mostly left with too many rappers offering poor imitations of them, artists still doing the 'real hip hop'/backpacker thing or talentless ghetto youts making grime. Theres still a handful of great artists though.

I dont like alot of stuff from the South & The Bay but theres enough I do like for me not write off the entire region

New York, Philly & Jersey has artists I'll always check for like Wu, Jadakiss, State Prop, etc even if they are a bit hit-n-miss.

Fuck it, voted Canada. I fucking hate Drake.

in terms of what L.A. is puttin out- you're right...not too much goin on there. But the scene is the SHIT!!!! =]

Wicked

Post by Wicked »

siLLy KiD wrote:in terms of what L.A. is puttin out- you're right...not too much goin on there. But the scene is the SHIT!!!! =]
You are 100% correct. I love the Hiphop scene down there... It's not as good here in the Bay Area anymore unfortunately.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

And it's not like I just got 'em for a few weeks or months, cuz I've had three 2
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

[quote="drizzle"]And it's not like I just got 'em for a few weeks or months, cuz I've had three 2

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

ol adrian monk ass faggot

truthaddict

Post by truthaddict »

Those of you that voted against the Dirty South should be deported, and forced to live in Canada so that you can attend more Mindbender Futurama shows.

Bay area has some good stuff, but when it is bad, it is terrible.

UK has some good albums, once you can get past the accents.

Boston rap can be good, as long as they don't have an accent.

I vote against Canada.