Albums You Passionately* Loathe That Everyone Jizzes Over

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Albums You Passionately* Loathe That Everyone Jizzes Ove

Post by Philaflava »

im with alaska. at the time my alliance was with cube so i never got into the album that much. i remember buying it back on CD in the mid 90s after it got remastered tho.

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

Larry2times wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:Cartoony violence, egos run amok, and a strange obsession with broomstick rape
this, along with it being In the top 3 Dre productions is what makes it great. Ren killed on there. Some Days I prefer it to Straight Outta Compton and Im one of the 4 people who like Something 2 Dance 2.

If you get the version with 100 Miles stuck on the end its easily their best album.
I forgot to say that this was an album SYFFAL would've raved about.
I didn't discuss music with people until years later in college, but whites unanimously loved that shit.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

About to get blasted for this post.
PopeyeJones wrote:Slum Village was a really good call.

Agreed with Black Star and Black on Both Sides too.

Don't give a flying fuck about Ghost, Doom, or El P, although I guess that belongs in the companion artist thread.

Off to double post and evoke fanboy wrath.
As smart as you post, I don't think you even believe you don't like all this shit you just listed. :lol:

Gregg Popabitch wrote:
drizzle wrote:Deltron is one of those things that only works in the context of the time it came out. It's dated like 16th century madrigals
I actually put a dude on to deltron a couple months ago who never heard any Del the Funky homo sapien shit in his life and he was blown away.....so I'm not sure if it's dated. More like you may be tired of listening to it.

Good call on slum village. I can't stand their material.
SV, for me, was always music you smoke out to. I didn't check for it at first because, I didn't really know who they were in the beginning and I was probably at the time listening to a shitload of Hiero still for some reason. I got a high a few times and came across the albums when my homies would play it and got into it. Not the greatest lyrically but the beats and the rhymes that came together with worked, IMO. When Elzhi joined, it was a step up in the lyrics then; though I gotta give props to T3 for switching up his game more over the years and carrying on what they've done.

Deltron, at first, I wasn't sure if the production was matching with Del's style. Automator had a crazy cinematic sound that I wasn't sure how it fit together when I heard snippets of the album. I ended up listening to the album for a month and saw how it came together. I think previously I was either expecting something like No Need For Alarm or Dr. Octagon when it was just an album by itself with its own style. The album grew on me after realizing conceptually it was well done.

The Rawkus backlash is funny though. I agree they fucked up when it got to the point they were obviously trying to put out some more catchy material but on the real, BOBS, Black Star, Monch's debut solo, and etc. were good albums to put out within that time frame. Looking back on it, that was the beginning of the end for the Rawkus legacy it seemed.

For me, Rick Ross's "Port Of Miami", Eminem's "The Eminem Show", Harlem World's "The Movement", Beanie Sigel's "The Truth", Jay Z's "Vol. 2" and "Vol. 3", a very good portion of the No Limit albums that came out from the less talented artists (examples: C-Murder, Mr. Serv-On, Silkk The Shocker), whoever said Bone Thugs I agree with because the only album I got into them was when they put out "Art Of War", and Cam'ron's "SDE".
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

lol, who the fuck "jizzes over" the Harlem World album?

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Combo7 wrote:lol, who the fuck "jizzes over" the Harlem World album?
You'd be surprised. Had 3 different conversations with some heads and was like "you liked that album ?" :bunk:
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Thun wrote:Virtually anything praised by people from the Bay Area that isn't an attempt at a more universal hip hop sound, from Mac Dre type idiocy to Latryx type pretentiousness.

Thun

Post by Thun »

Larry2times wrote:
Jayou Ayen wrote:Cartoony violence, egos run amok, and a strange obsession with broomstick rape
this, along with it being In the top 3 Dre productions is what makes it great. Ren killed on there. Some Days I prefer it to Straight Outta Compton and Im one of the 4 people who like Something 2 Dance 2.

If you get the version with 100 Miles stuck on the end its easily their best album.

Agreed on the production, front to back banger. The cartoon violence is pretty annoying, though, to me.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

The Efil4Zaggin hate in this thread is fucking retarded.
Front to back, amazingly produced album. MC Ren stepping in and becoming the focal point. A cohesive album that was a look into dre's production style that would lead to The Chronic. Was it cartoonish? Fuck yeah. It was the andrew Dice Clay of rap albums. But that shit was highly entertaining and enjoyable. I still bump "I''d rather fuck with you".
Cube definitely took the high road and made better albums but writing off this album cause of anything he did is straight up idiotic.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Blockhead wrote:The Efil4Zaggin hate in this thread is fucking retarded.
Front to back, amazingly produced album. MC Ren stepping in and becoming the focal point. A cohesive album that was a look into dre's production style that would lead to The Chronic. Was it cartoonish? Fuck yeah. It was the andrew Dice Clay of rap albums. But that shit was highly entertaining and enjoyable. I still bump "I''d rather fuck with you".
Cube definitely took the high road and made better albums but writing off this album cause of anything he did is straight up idiotic.
:copy: / :lock:

Fuckin' Tea Party Saturdays up in this bitch.

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:
Philaflava wrote:Any Nas album since It Was Written.
the only Nas albums people jizz over post IWW are Lost Tapes and Stillmatic. And if you loathe those YOU LOATHE YASELF

:copy:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Employee wrote:
Blockhead wrote:The Efil4Zaggin hate in this thread is fucking retarded.
:copy: / :lock:

Fuckin' Tea Party Saturdays up in this bitch.
:leon:

I don't know where this "Efil4zaggin" hate began, but FUCK ALLLL OF THAT CRAZY NOIZE.
"Efil4zaggin" is one of the most important gangsta rap records of all-time. OF ALL MOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMN TIME!!!
This should be unspoken FACT, but I see that it needs to be articulated yet again for those who might have forgot the truth.
#1 on Billboard the first week it dropped... WITH NO VIDEOS. No internet. Nothing but word of mouth and hip hop power.

"Real Niggaz" is timeless cinematic Black gangster rap music.
"Appetite for Destruction" was one of the best singles from that year.
"She Swallowed It" is hilarious. How can you hate it? I just can't take N.W.A. misogyny seriously... as gross as it is.
"Alwayz Into Something" is even so gully that my Jamaican family laughed along with the Jafakin' accent of Admiral D instead of laughing AT it, and I was impressed that Dr. Dre was that aware to throw in some Caribbean flava with his G funk, even if it was watered down like cheap malt liquor.
"I'd Rather Fuck You" is genius Eazy-E music and is the kind of fun stuff that I miss from Eric.
"One Less Bitch" is vicious storytelling. Those scratches, sinister piano keys and them lethal horns? Fuckin BOSS shit.
"Automobile" is like the sexual version of "Packinamac" by Big Pun, seven years earlier.
Cartoon violence? Yeah, but that's better than REAL audio violence, innit? Chhyeah, it is. MC Ren is da GANGSTA RAP GAWD.
This album is a fucking movie, from front to back. To hate on EFIL4ZAGGIN is to hate on your parents. :rofl:

"Efil4zaggin" REMAINS one of hip hop's AND Dr. Dre's best produced albums. Fuck, I never thought of it but I might prefer it over "2001" and maybe even "The Chronic".

Everything NWA did is still superior to virtually ALL the gangsta rap music that has come out in the last 10 years. Beats and rhymes are actually better, even if Dre was lying out his ass about all the G shit he said.

"Straight Outta Compton" is a classic album, but there's NO WAY y'all are going to get away with dissing the arguably-superior classic "EFIL4ZAGGIN" without me dropping WTF bombs on your campaign, LOL. Not on my watch.

way to press my :jaz: button, yo :ironmike:
N.W.A. FOREVER, N!GGAS!!
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:It Was Written - the beats are mostly quite dull. Street Dreams is one of my least favourite Nas songs
The first Leaders Of The New School album - kept hold of this for years but never got into it.
Efil4Zaggin - 2/3 good tracks at the most. Some good beats on there but the rapping is pretty terrible.
N!GGA, YOU IZ STRAIGHT CRACKHEAD KOO-KOO CRAY-ZEE FOR THIS ONE!

"Didn't get into" L.O.N.S.?! "International Zone Coaster"?! "Feminine Fatt"?! "Sound of the Zeekers"?! All I am doing is S'ing M H.

way to make use of the thread to its fullest potential!! :rofl: :wtf: :megaman:
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

step one

Post by step one »

'Whats Next' is the only LONS joint I really like tbh. A whole album of them is too much shouting for my liking.
Dre was lying out his ass about all the G shit he said.
For someone who hates Rick Ross, and the N and B word you sure feel strongly about Efil4Zaggin :lol:

The production is great, precursor to The Chronic etc blah blah but the content lets its down severely. Rehashing old ideas and just knowing that the middle class white kids would buy it for the annoy-your-parents shock value. It was kind of dated by the time it came out. I cant believe anyone is honestly jamming Automobile and She Swallowed It past their teens, let alone in their 30s. Straight Outta Compton has its weak moments but the first half of it shits on most other rappers entire catalogue. Eazy Duz It, The DOC album, Chronic, Doggystyle and 2001 are all better Dre productions imo.
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote:It Was Written - the beats are mostly quite dull. Street Dreams is one of my least favourite Nas songs
The Message
Street Dreams
I Gave You Power
Watch Dem Niggas
Take it in Blood
Shootouts
Live Nigga Rap
Silent Murder

you dont like these beats?
F.U. MOOLAH

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

Req wrote:
The Message
Street Dreams
I Gave You Power
Watch Dem Niggas
Take it in Blood
Shootouts
Live Nigga Rap
Silent Murder

:copy:

step one

Post by step one »

Req wrote:
The Message
Street Dreams
I Gave You Power
Watch Dem Niggas
Take it in Blood
Shootouts
Live Nigga Rap
Silent Murder

I like Silent Murder and The Message. The rest of it not so much, hence why I wrote what I wrote.
I never liked Street Dreams or the remix. The chorus is horrible. I think a different rapper (Biggie maybe) might have pulled off that track better though.

Req

Post by Req »

step one wrote: I like Silent Murder and The Message. The rest of it not so much, hence why I wrote what I wrote.
I never liked Street Dreams or the remix. The chorus is horrible. I think a different rapper (Biggie maybe) might have pulled off that track better though.
F.U. MOOLAH

step one

Post by step one »

:lol:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

i got no game, its just some bitches understand my story >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

step one

Post by step one »

to be clear, I'm a Nas fan and I wouldnt say I 'loathe' IWW. I'll admit I wasnt impressed when it first came out. I've no idea why some people prefer it to Illmatic. The raps are obviously on point throughout and I can deal with the tracks Im not so keen on if I hear them on their own on a mixtape or something but I'd never play it start to finish.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

FORGIVE ME.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

step one wrote:'Whats Next' is the only LONS joint I really like tbh. A whole album of them is too much shouting for my liking.
Dre was lying out his ass about all the G shit he said.
For someone who hates Rick Ross, and the N and B word you sure feel strongly about Efil4Zaggin :lol:

The production is great, precursor to The Chronic etc blah blah but the content lets its down severely. Rehashing old ideas and just knowing that the middle class white kids would buy it for the annoy-your-parents shock value. It was kind of dated by the time it came out. I cant believe anyone is honestly jamming Automobile and She Swallowed It past their teens, let alone in their 30s. Straight Outta Compton has its weak moments but the first half of it shits on most other rappers entire catalogue. Eazy Duz It, The DOC album, Chronic, Doggystyle and 2001 are all better Dre productions imo.
You intrigue and amaze me, Step One.
Whether I understand you, despise you, adore you, or respectfully agree with you... you never fail to make me think. :rofl:

'What's Next?' the only LONS song you can deal with?! Holy Wowzers, Batman! They were the evolution of Run-DMC's collaborative/tag-team "shouting" style to me, and they were TOTALLY who Onyx "borrowed" their group adlib vocal steez from, with Sticky Fingaz being slightly influenced by Busta Rhymes, no question. Onyx went on to do their own thing as proved with their immaculate sophomore LP "All We Got Iz Us", but to ignore LONS's influence on Onyx would be ignorant revisionist blasphemy.

N.W.A. is basically the only group I give myself permission to never censor myself when rapping, LOLOLZ. When "Efil4zaggin" came out, I was like "this is the WRONGEST RIGHTEOUS gangsta rap music of all time... AND I LOVES IT ALLLL." There is no way that NWA is not the primary nihilistic, misogynistic, capitalist, blissfully and wilfully ignorant anger template for hundreds of hip hop groups that came after them, and barely anyone could EVER sound as Black and Angry as Ice Cube, MC Ren, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E. They were so vile, their ignorance became political. And every single use of the word "n!gga" on "Efil4zaggin" was dripping in Richard Pryor jheri curl juice and African-American outrage with reckless intent to offend. They gave ZERO FUCKS long before anyone else used "giving zero fucks" as a marketing gimmick and cry for attention. Eazy-E's Compton-sprinkled soprano lilt when uttering the phrase "beeeeyitch" is one of life's greatest guilty pleasures. I SAY the words "n!gga" and "b!tch" when I want to rap along to them and IT FEELS GOOOD, lol. But I don't call anyone those names. Cause that would be ungodly, ha. I digress.

N.W.A. were studio gangsters to the most acceptable degree, and still got into enough real world/concert/tour dirt for no other reason than reckless rap/rockstar irresponsibility to give them a gold star for horrible greatness. Sure I don't really go back and listen to 'Efil4zaggin' cause I don't really need to revisit the rebellious teenage mindstate that that album sculpted so finely for me at the time. But it's still an uncompromising ghetto genius masterpiece that stands the test of time.

It wasn't hyperbole to call them "the world's most dangerous group", at that time. In '88 with 'SOC', '90 when the EP came out, and '91 with 'Efil4z', NWA was GOD... and I STILL loved 'Amerikkka's Most Wanted' at the same time. (Me and Conspiracy were heartbroken tho.)

I was so much of an N.W.A. fan, I had a B.W.P.: Bytches Wit Problems poster and damn near everything Ruthless made.

YA DAMN RIGHT I FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT EFIL4ZAGGIN :rofl:

bignormy

Post by bignormy »

D. James wrote:One Day It'll All Make Sense
Liked it at the time but I see you and raise you like water for chocolate

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Employee wrote:Image

FORGIVE ME.
Damn you.

Jaz
Ease Up

Post by Jaz »

Employee wrote:Image

FORGIVE ME.
:naswtf: You baffle the shit out of me Emp, you like ignorant wack shit like Chief Keef, Odd Future and Troy Ave yet loathe an album full of clever lyrics and great beats???????

myself

Post by myself »

RoKnew wrote:I recently tried to listen to that Cannibal Ox album and I find it as unlistenable as I did 10 years ago.
Beats are cool, but I don't understand the appeal of the raps at all.
I listen to Oxtrumentals much more than I listen to Cold Vein these days, but I still enjoy the raps. I just live in a quite white suburb these days and don't feel like explaining Vast to my kids.

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i love niggaz 4 life

m ren kill that album

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

i forgot about this:

can somebody explain what is so good about mot? - to me its nowhere good as hard to earn or daily operation i like some songs but cang get trough it.....

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

hellriser wrote:i forgot about this:

can somebody explain what is so good about mot? - to me its nowhere good as hard to earn or daily operation i like some songs but cang get trough it.....
I think Premier just said on Twitter that this was their most important album in a birthday shoutout he gave to GURU

I prefer 'Hard to Earn' way more, and 'Daily Operation' of course too. 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' also meant more to me...

:naswtf:

Versive

Post by Versive »

It wasn't close to their hardest album at least not in terms of violent braggadocious and bangin beats, but Guru was at his most personal, spiritual, philosophical, etc.

...Figures I'd play the resident defender of loathed classics role.