Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Piff Tannen

Re: Necro/Kool G Rap album scrapped

Post by Piff Tannen »

i think the crowd shots of dmc are green screened in

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

everything about those shots is green screen. that depth of field isn't natural.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

sleazy_j wrote:sounds like they rapped over a different beat and didn't quantize the vocals well.

and what's with this? even on this track, at least DMC rhymes on beat.

:err: :err: :err:

good lord

after googling those two white guys it looks like they are full time :bork:. My guess is producers.

^^^
i was actually feeling that track until the hook.
not to mention a huge wtf at B.G. Knocc Out still making music...

hellriser

Post by hellriser »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5dNMqZpx9w trigga 4 hire , i dont like any songs so far of this project , i just like system.....

AVENTUS

Post by AVENTUS »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

Here's a video from the same interview. This guy Rosenberg is a clown.
It's like G-Rap feels sorry for Rosenberg. Like he's doing quiet psychoanalysis of why Rosenberg doesn't even deserve to be in the position he's in, for 6 million reasons. It's sickening to watch these two fucking slimy fucks squirm around the guy who birthed everything they love and eat off of. Like God sitting with the most idiotic and greedy of the rebellious angels he created.

It's a damn shame.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

AVENTUS wrote:
Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:

Here's a video from the same interview. This guy Rosenberg is a clown.
It's like G-Rap feels sorry for Rosenberg. Like he's doing quiet psychoanalysis of why Rosenberg doesn't even deserve to be in the position he's in, for 6 million reasons. It's sickening to watch these two fucking slimy fucks squirm around the guy who birthed everything they love and eat off of. Like God sitting with the most idiotic and greedy of the rebellious angels he created.

It's a damn shame.
Fuckin guys were shocked when they heard G. Rap and Nas were close before Fast Life came out. Nas talked about everything G. said back when he released that song Surviving the Times. Then Rosenberg didn't even realize Necro was Jewish. Pretty weak.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

AVENTUS wrote:It's like G-Rap feels sorry for Rosenberg. Like he's doing quiet psychoanalysis of why Rosenberg doesn't even deserve to be in the position he's in, for 6 million reasons. It's sickening to watch these two fucking slimy fucks squirm around the guy who birthed everything they love and eat off of. Like God sitting with the most idiotic and greedy of the rebellious angels he created.

It's a damn shame.
Terrible interview.

"G Rap - who are you top ten MCs?"
"Well..."
"Big Pun?"
"Ummm..."
"OK, so Big Pun is number 1. Black Thought?"

FFS. LET THE MAN SPEAK. Even Necro just shuts up.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hacks

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

https://soundcloud.com/macmediapromo/sets/the-godfathers-kool-g-rap
album stream today. dropping tomorrow.

lol at "The City". great track and idea except G Rap's flow doesn't ride the beat at all. Necro's hook rides the beat fine, so I dunno what they were thinking.

grass

Post by grass »

The only track G Rap really sounds good on is American Sickos. For the other songs, it sounds like he just reads his lyrics with no space inbetween the words. It's a shame.
Fuck that Serato MP3 shit! Keep it dusty!!!

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

especially considering in the interviews they make it sound like G Rap had some sort of creative control in the project.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i think , with all my heart, that if kool g rap was on this rapping only, it would be getting more praise

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i couldn't even praise a mix of only G Rap verses from this album because he's mixed in off beat, as said before.

Larry2times

Post by Larry2times »

Chief Keef - cant rap on beat
Kool G Rap - mixed in off beat, not lazy/past it

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

:lol:

Finally got a chance to listen to this. Beats mostly suck, Necro does his shtick, G Rap seems to be looking for the exit the entire record. I'll probably give it another spin just for giggles, but honestly I'm pretty disappointed.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That Wolf Eyes sample is totally torturing me. I know I've heard it before. Vampyres (1974) possibly?

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

I don't hate on Peter Rosenberg in general. Good for him for getting to where he is at, but I felt compelled to write this after watching that video. That has to be like the 20th time that I have heard him just straight up not know facts that he should know since he claims to be this hardcore hip hop head from the 90's. See, I think the internet gave a lot of dudes who really didn't start to really get into hip Hop until like 96-97 the basis to claim they are 90's heads. I don't really care all that much but I just hate when people front. Like if you weren't there or down at the time, just say it. Nobody cares as long as you're a good dude. The problem is all you have to do is go read up some info or Wiki or copy someones hard drive and skim through shit, and all the sudden you can claim this or that. The only REAL way to know shit is to have been there when it happened and been involved. I know shit from 88, 89, 90 etc because I was there and lived it. I didn't read about it on the net and get the cliffs notes version.

Sorry for the side bar. I love G Rap and although I am not a Necro the rapper fan, I do like his productions. He should stick to that. This music I have heard thus far from these two has been terrible.

Rhyme 4 Rhyme

Post by Rhyme 4 Rhyme »

pradadon wrote:I don't hate on Peter Rosenberg in general. Good for him for getting to where he is at, but I felt compelled to write this after watching that video. That has to be like the 20th time that I have heard him just straight up not know facts that he should know since he claims to be this hardcore hip hop head from the 90's. See, I think the internet gave a lot of dudes who really didn't start to really get into hip Hop until like 96-97 the basis to claim they are 90's heads. I don't really care all that much but I just hate when people front. Like if you weren't there or down at the time, just say it. Nobody cares as long as you're a good dude. The problem is all you have to do is go read up some info or Wiki or copy someones hard drive and skim through shit, and all the sudden you can claim this or that. The only REAL way to know shit is to have been there when it happened and been involved. I know shit from 88, 89, 90 etc because I was there and lived it. I didn't read about it on the net and get the cliffs notes version.

Sorry for the side bar. I love G Rap and although I am not a Necro the rapper fan, I do like his productions. He should stick to that. This music I have heard thus far from these two has been terrible.
You can't call yourself a die hard Big Pun fan if you've never heard the story about him kneeling and kissing G. Raps ring when they met.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Rhyme 4 Rhyme wrote:
pradadon wrote:I don't hate on Peter Rosenberg in general. Good for him for getting to where he is at, but I felt compelled to write this after watching that video. That has to be like the 20th time that I have heard him just straight up not know facts that he should know since he claims to be this hardcore hip hop head from the 90's. See, I think the internet gave a lot of dudes who really didn't start to really get into hip Hop until like 96-97 the basis to claim they are 90's heads. I don't really care all that much but I just hate when people front. Like if you weren't there or down at the time, just say it. Nobody cares as long as you're a good dude. The problem is all you have to do is go read up some info or Wiki or copy someones hard drive and skim through shit, and all the sudden you can claim this or that. The only REAL way to know shit is to have been there when it happened and been involved. I know shit from 88, 89, 90 etc because I was there and lived it. I didn't read about it on the net and get the cliffs notes version.

You can't call yourself a die hard Big Pun fan if you've never heard the story about him kneeling and kissing G. Raps ring when they met.
lol
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

This is at least better than that last horrible G Rap LP.

Odnet

Post by Odnet »

The best part of that video is Cipha Soundz anemically saying "That's crazy..." and looking at his phone while G Rap answers a question.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

pretty good interview

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

The interviews > this album.

I tried but its just awful.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i like the album

production is obviously the best thing about it, necros beats are always on point and mostly complete bangers

kool g rap is the next best thing

necro, you just have to put up with him, or take him in as comedy relief kinda, ?, i dunno , its dope for what it is, i do wish it was strictly necros beats with kool g raps though

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this beat :nut:

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Philaflava wrote:The interviews > this album.

I tried but its just awful.
Listen here you reptilian tongued piece of Satanic garbage Charles Bronson is just itching blow to smithereens...

"I'm John Wilkes Booth, on your mom dukes stoop,
and i'll shoot, because your mom spilled soup on the Don's silk suit."

>>>>>

YOUR LIFE

... Having said that this album is about 75 percent of what it could have been... I think they'll further get it right next time... A little bit more G Rap at the helm and more Necro on the boards... DEFINITELY keep Necro... But I don't need him supplying every single track... At points this comes off as a Necro LP featuring G... but it has some amazing moments... the more Necro supplies the beats and just sprinkles himself into these albums the more legendary he can become... Necro is a legend but he has the ability to revive 90 percent of the hip hop great's careers. Him producing a Raekwon LP full of beats on the level Jihad. Or any emcee that you love for that matter. He's one of the dopest producers right now by far. Arguably the nicest. IMO he is. Beats like Serpent's Bite and Unsub are just insanity.
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...

Dusty Fingers

Post by Dusty Fingers »

Philaflava wrote:somebody told me when he met necro he had no idea who he was or what he was capable of. he agreed to do shit because he wanted the production , which he liked. i think if thats true, he got himself into a situation that he had no clue would become a little more popular than it is. kinda like doing those verses for a myspace rapper but he turns out to be riff raff and before you know, you're all over the internet.
Half of this I can confirm. I know for a fact when Necro and G originally linked through Domingo G had never heard his music. It wasn't until later that he realized the similarity in their style and realized he wanted to pursue the project.
And if you're yelling out YOLO, I'm calling you a homo...