The MarQ Spekt Thread

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Versive

Post by Versive »

Not just the same rhyme scheme, but some of the same words. You guys really had to have that explained to you? It's Illmatic for God's sake... come on now.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Versive wrote:You guys really had to have that explained to you?
Yes nigga. I completely missed that shit.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Sebastion Shaw wrote:I ran into him at the A3C Festival here in Atlanta the other day. He was chilling with Action Bronson when I rolled up on him, said that the album is crazy and kno made him go hard with the verses. Not too much information but he was excited about it, said him and Action may shoot a video for the song.

I tried to get to listen to some music or get any info but he was really tightlipped, plus was about to go smoke some erb with Action so I didnt push the issue.

I tried guys!

Im looking forward to buying this in a few weeks.
He was at A3C? Damn I was there, too. I came across his flyer.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

late to the party, thanks uncleben, looking forward to listening to this dude...i haven't heard one bad thing about him save thun's problem with his older shit
Nets 2022

zombie

Post by zombie »

nobody is talking about this and its annoying me

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

zombie wrote:nobody is talking about this and its annoying me
About Spekt in general or about Machete Vision?

If Machete Vision, it's kinda hard to talk about since only one song has dropped. After listening to Spekt all last week, I pulled out Oneiorology for a Kno refresh and it's even better than I remember. Still the best produced album I've heard all year and one of the best albums of the year period. If Kno laces this one, he distances himself from Alchemist as my producer of the year. Hopefully they'll drop another song in the next week or so.

zombie

Post by zombie »

I was talking about Machete Vision, but you're right...only one song is out so it is tough to keep a topic going about it.

I guess I just want this album to be really good.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

dude it's an album by a niche rapper with a small but loyal cult following and a niche producer with a larger but also cultish following. it's very doubtful that the thread is gonna go far beyond the people already in it, and that the album is gonna have much buzz beyond the people who are already anticipating it
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Dap

Post by Dap »

drizzle wrote:dude it's an album by a niche rapper with a small but loyal cult following and a niche producer with a larger but also cultish following. it's very doubtful that the thread is gonna go far beyond the people already in it, and that the album is gonna have much buzz beyond the people who are already anticipating it
this is on point. kno has been pretty great for the last 5+ years but it seems he won't get much bigger than what he's at now. kinda sad

axel foley

Post by axel foley »

Dap wrote:
drizzle wrote:dude it's an album by a niche rapper with a small but loyal cult following and a niche producer with a larger but also cultish following. it's very doubtful that the thread is gonna go far beyond the people already in it, and that the album is gonna have much buzz beyond the people who are already anticipating it
this is on point. kno has been pretty great for the last 5+ years but it seems he won't get much bigger than what he's at now. kinda sad
jumped on that lil scrappy train a little too late.

kno needs to get his dangermouse on and branch out.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Dap wrote:
Yeah I think most heads on this board probably have a problem with the QN5 brand, or at least the typical fanbase for most of those guys :bork:

I can't completely blame folks, but that being said I think Kno is definitely one of the best producers in the game right now.

He's also likely to drop an album with Tonedeff by year's end

Dap

Post by Dap »

Hair of the Dog wrote:
Dap wrote:
Yeah I think most heads on this board probably have a problem with the QN5 brand, or at least the typical fanbase for most of those guys :bork:

I can't completely blame folks, but that being said I think Kno is definitely one of the best producers in the game right now.

He's also likely to drop an album with Tonedeff by year's end
yeah i think a lot of the hate probably has to do with the fact that QN5 in general seems to be bigger overseas than in the USA. that being said, i'm not sure how you can front on kno's production

i still love this beat:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9B2C1HNJU4A?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9B2C1HNJU4A?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sebastion Shaw

Post by Sebastion Shaw »

damn....thought another track leaked........

Cant wait for 10/25

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

axel foley wrote:
Dap wrote:
kno needs to get his dangermouse on and branch out.
This is true; but Kno has always seemed to do what he wanted to which is great for him. As for DM, what started him off was the Grey Album and if you recall Kno actually released his White Al-bu-lum prior.

If you want Kno to get bigger, he's going to have to fuck with R&B cats.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

nother one leaked, beat's sick, Spekt comes correct.

All Smiles (Plastic Mask)- http://hulkshare.com/d3go12f7wfub

Versive

Post by Versive »

Yea, I got 1 minute in. This shit is too ill. I'm officially in Cuban Linx 2 mode now: no listening until the album is in my physical possession.

Anyone know if and where I can pre-order this online? I'm guessing it won't be available at the local Best Buy.

*Got the answer to my question. 10/25 is the digital release date. The physical copy will be released later on, no definite date yet I don't think.

Hair of the Dog

Post by Hair of the Dog »

Did this not end up dropping today? Anyone have info?

None

Post by None »

Hair of the Dog wrote:Did this not end up dropping today? Anyone have info?
I checked Spekt's twitter and he's saying it should be out today. However, the lack of news leading up to today leads me to believe otherwise.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

MacheteVision.com

6 bucks

zombie

Post by zombie »

gimma that shit

Versive

Post by Versive »

:shit: I'd given up hope, coppin as I type.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Four songs in and I've had to repeat the last two (Top Back & The Royal Peasants). Sounds great, was gonna say Kno's beats were standing out so far but then I heard the last verse on The Royal Peasants and heard how Spekt was coming (he ain't missin' his turn)...

Versive

Post by Versive »

shit is riotpunch

zombie

Post by zombie »

hwhat does that even mean tho

Versive

Post by Versive »

Always Sunny reference - it's a mixture of hard liquors you drink before inciting or participating in a riot.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

2/3 in, this might be the album i've been waiting for the dude to make for 10 years

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Late to this thread but did this drop yet or just leak?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

it's up on their bandcamp to stream entirely. but it leaked too

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

:ohsh:
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.

COOLEHMAGAZINE

Post by COOLEHMAGAZINE »

Roadhouse, Top Back, Machetevisions and Wikileaks are the best tracks.
http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/
http://twitter.com/#!/coolehmag

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos.