The A&R Game #1

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

Philaflava wrote:
mike eagle wrote:Intuition: Seems to me to be the most developed and marketable artist that I know that isnt already a cog in someone's machine. Im not his hugest fan because Im not necessarily in his target demo, but aside from a brief stint of him removing his shirt at every show, I think he's doing absolutley everything right. I feel like if this were 5 years ago he'd be enormous. Could also be that he's a bit misplaced out here amongst the weirdos. I guess if I was an A&R I'd have him set up shop in a smaller market and run that shit til somebody takes notice.
5 years ago Leroy was completely amateurish. His voice was white, whiny and annoying. He has developed one he is way more comfortable using. Also, his material was undeveloped. He is way more polished these days, but I get your point. He missed the bubble but it's definitely not too late. He just needs to align himself with the right people. Those who can benefit his demo and most importantly stay active on the LA tour circuit.

As for Ardamus, everybody is pretty much saying he can be vanilla at times. I just think he needs to rap like he posts when he is Angry Ardamus.
[/quote]

Newsflash: Gloss knows black people.
"tim dog! i hope he's scamming bitches in heaven.." - EichTurner

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

ardamus wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
mike eagle wrote:Intuition: Seems to me to be the most developed and marketable artist that I know that isnt already a cog in someone's machine. Im not his hugest fan because Im not necessarily in his target demo, but aside from a brief stint of him removing his shirt at every show, I think he's doing absolutley everything right. I feel like if this were 5 years ago he'd be enormous. Could also be that he's a bit misplaced out here amongst the weirdos. I guess if I was an A&R I'd have him set up shop in a smaller market and run that shit til somebody takes notice.
5 years ago Leroy was completely amateurish. His voice was white, whiny and annoying. He has developed one he is way more comfortable using. Also, his material was undeveloped. He is way more polished these days, but I get your point. He missed the bubble but it's definitely not too late. He just needs to align himself with the right people. Those who can benefit his demo and most importantly stay active on the LA tour circuit.

As for Ardamus, everybody is pretty much saying he can be vanilla at times. I just think he needs to rap like he posts when he is Angry Ardamus.
Newsflash: Gloss knows black people.
:larry:

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

(yo rappers r mad sensitive...yo)
Nets 2022

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

got it all wrong, Reason. i'll even A&R myself.

Intuition - I don't think alot of people have noticed but if you look at how Lee images his albums, they blend together well as far as sound goes and photography. Only things I'd make Int do is not abandon the whole Stories About Nothing steez altogether and keep working with that dope-ass vocalist on that 2nd track on his album. The chest hair shit is obivously selling to the biyatches but lets switch it up so so its deep-thinking chest hair rap they can party to :lol:. Since he's got shit with Verbs, I'm connecting Int with MURS and making sure he's either on the next Felt album or a big name on the Paid Dues show. Maybe even give it a shot of linking with newcomers like Kendrick Lamar and Ab Soul for some more shit.

Ardamus - I'll just commit a crime to get some street cred. That way all the white posters with finally be fans of mine forever. Record the album from jail. Have 300 mixtapes on datpiff.com that all sound the fuckin' same. No more vanilla. Problem solved. I'll get some Polow Da Don beats and fuck you all up. I went to jail and rap now.....blacka than eva!

iCON the Mic King - Push for his album to feature Joe Budden and Pharoahe Monch since I know how tough he fucks with them. Line-up producers like Black Milk, Marco Polo, and Moss for his next release. Hell, even get Vanderslice on a track or two. Let him do the rest because, hell, the kid is a one man machine. He'll cut costs in half at label if you let him hustle his ass off.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

ardamus wrote:Intuition - The chest hair shit is obivously selling to the biyatches but lets switch it up so so its deep-thinking chest hair rap they can party to
ideas like this is why you'll never be an A&R, homie. deep thinking rap doesn't bang in the club.

ardamus
O.G. Status

Post by ardamus »

odium-LSC wrote:
ardamus wrote:Intuition - The chest hair shit is obivously selling to the biyatches but lets switch it up so so its deep-thinking chest hair rap they can party to
ideas like this is why you'll never be an A&R, homie. deep thinking rap doesn't bang in the club.
You missed the point. Deep-thinking chest hair rap is different and it was the only fuckin' joke in my post.